Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

We did, just not 'together'! We only broke up 3 days ago :( But it was for the best!!! We're better as friends I think

Aww, Lizzie -- well that sucks. I hope you (now or down the road) continue on the journey to have a baby. Please don't be offended, but it seemed that was more of your dream than Dee's anyhow. :hugs:

On a lighter note -- i'm going to post a picture of a Christmas present my mom got for me & OH. We opened it on Christmas Eve... and were like... "Uummm....??" And my mom was like, "Just some money to help with making a baby... you're still trying right?"

She's much more supportive about the whole thing than i ever expected!!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSCF2953.jpg
    DSCF2953.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 8
Lol thats sooo cool!!! Nope Im not offended, I think it was more my dream than hers too, and I'll be better doing it on my own, awhile down the line! Just gona have some fun for now cus we were together for 4 years!

I had seen your signature the other day in a different post... and was hoping you would find us. Was also hoping you would find a new alternative to expensive frozen donor sperm. We had started that way too... and quickly ran out of money!

We have been trying to convince friends for over 2 years, and have even tried to put a few ads up but the answers were never what I was looking for. Or they were creeps. But my friends have followed my journey and they are the most giving and helpful people I have ever met, I am lucky to have them.

We've decided to do our first insemination on CD12 which is the 8th. But I can't find softcups here... I tried Walmart but would they be behind the pharmacist counter? They were closed already when I got there, so couldn't ask for anyone's help lol. Are they like Diva cups??

Aww, just saw the piggy bank, that's soo cute, I want one! Lol.

Thanks everyone :) I'm very excited, sure hope we don't run out of savings before the BFP

Hi :flower:

I hope you don't mind if i stalk this thread, as it is a route i feel myself and husband will need to travel, as he is unable to ejaculate whilst performing. :blush:

I also have very iregular periods, so will need to get these sorted out before we can even start on this path.:nope:

:wave: Hi Stephie, welcome! There are women here for various reasons. And over the past year+ now, i have heard of a few couples going this route for the same reason! Best of luck!

Stephie, welcome. DH and I are in the same boat. Good luck to you!

Thanks girls. I know that my first step is to sort my own body out, as i do not have regular cycles - anything upto 12 days is normal for me :( I will be making apt with the doctors this month, and get some investigations started again.

Hi all,

My partner and I are lesbians and are now ttc, we've registered on Co-parent, FSDW and Pride Angel, so far have had 5 emails, some sound like wierdos though!!

What sort of questions should we be asking potential donors?

Thanks xx

Welcome to all the newbies! I'm sorry for not being around a lot, I'm still feeling really dejected about ttc to be honest. I DO want to do it, I am still just feeling "why is this happening to me" I suppose. I'm gonna get over that before we try again.

I have a feeling my OH is raring to go but she just doesn't want to tell me. I know how much she wants another, and I feel sooo bad that I've failed, twice :cry:

Oh Lea, Sending huge hugs to you. Please don't see your losses as your failures. You got pregnant! That shows that something very right has been happening, even if it was followed by something very wrong. It took us over two years to get our first BFP and even though that too ended in a miscarriage, just getting to that point was a huge step for us. But don't worry if it takes a while for you to feel ready to move on. Talk to your DP about it. Even if you are in different places being able to communicate about where you're both at and how it feels can't hurt and can only help bring you closer.

Welcome to Stephie and Jlew, and exciting times ahead for Rainbow. :) Good luck to you all! And I think I failed to welcome you Ohai when you first joined in - welcome and apologies for being slack on the hi front.

We have a bit of news. It's a little early, and we're not entirely sure, but we think my waters may have gone this morning. DD stayed over with my folks last night so this morning DP and I took full advantage of a guaranteed lack of interruption and made love. As I climaxed, I also gushed - not something I usually do. Things have felt no different since, no more gushing, though I have worn pads all day which have all become slightly damp. I've been getting frequent braxton hicks contractions and have just spent an hour using contraction master and it's shown them to be coming every 4-12 minutes, lasting anything from 30-90 secs. They're not painful, well, no more than mild period cramps at their worst, but they do keep coming. I wasn't expecting it to happen quite so early, but I'm beginning to think we might be meeting our baby soon...

Of course, it could also be that having a head in my pelvis caused me to lose all bladder control at the crucial moment this morning and all the rest is just normal, gradual build up that will take weeks to result in proper labour. Who knows! I think I'll have an early night just to be safe though. :)

Sending best wishes to everyone,

Gina.

PS - those of you who know me on FB please don't mention this there yet. Ta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->