Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Ohhhh TOPAZ... look at that sweet Josh!!! Congrats again!!! :flower:

Thanks for looking at the chart, helping me get hopeful! :hugs:

Thank you ladies! And I'm sorry to hear of your own losses, whether they were recent or years ago...they still matter.
And I did have some worry that perhaps it could have been "his fault," but I know there have been at least 33 healthy, live births, all with gorgeous, happy children, with all types of women of all shapes and sizes...so I am not going to give up, and I am not going to change donors.

And I agree with everyone in regards to softcups! At first I was really worried I was leaving stuff behind, but I read that basically only the sperm, and not the semen, enters your cervix...the semen and everything else comes back out.

I think I'm going to stop using preseed. I used it for three months with nada, and the month I switched it for egg whites is when I conceived. I don't know if it was a coincidence, but hey, who am I to turn away from that?

Hi girls! I've been MIA for awhile....... burnt out from this stressful rollercoaster! Trying to stop fixating on TTC for awhile. But, we did insem this month after taking a brief break. We had 2 donations this cycle... yesterday & today.

KahluaCupcake... big hugs... i'm so sorry to hear about your loss... :hugs:

Sorry to you too MrsMM24! :hug:

Topaz!!!!!!! Baby Joshua is gorgeous!! Love all that hair!!!!!!!!!

Wilson -- Out of curiosity... are you using frozen sperm or fresh sperm?

Gross question for you lovely ladies... (warning TMI)... we have used 3 different known donors over the past 2 years & i've noticed a big difference in the donations between donors....

One was thick & goopy
One was sticky
One was very watery

Does anyone know why the consistency is different & what it means? Any idea which is preferable for making babies?

MrsMM24, I checked your chart again - looks like you are getting an Implantation Dip? :thumbup:

Ruby, The only semen sample I know (both from my partner before and my donor) starts out as thick and gooey then quickly turns watery. And still I'm not yet pregnant, so maybe that doesn't help. :cry:

Btw, still :bfn: at 10DPO. Just hoping that those are falsely-marketed IC's that they aren't really 10miu sensitive but much higher. Something NEW happened today, woke up at 7am and I was shivering because we're like in the middle of the snowstorm and I took my temp - it was skyhigh at 37.0 (3 degrees higher than my previous temps). I don't have fever, I feel fine but my body feels so 'hot'. Is that a good sign??

MM~ Me too!! It's hard trying not to get too excited or worry what each feeling means, especially when you really want a bfp. Lots of :dust:

Such a cutie pie, Topaz! :)

Wish I could help, Ruby, but like Lian I only know my husband's and donor, both had thick then watery. I heard that's normal though....

That could be a good sign, Lian. I know for me when it's cold, my temps drop no matter what part of my cycle I'm in. FXd!!!

Well according to FF I am now 14dpo, BFN this morning (did one saturday as well) so I'm still waiting....! :coffee:

Glad to have you back Ruby, it's your thread after all :haha: About the semen, the donors that I've used in the past have been pretty much the same, started out a bit thick and gloopy, but then it becomes a little thinner, watery almost...

Baby dust to everyone who's about to test/already testing... There seems to be a lot of you this week! :thumbup: xx

Ive had 5 donors and a few were the same but some were quite watery! And remember, the quantity doesnt always matter, I got pregnany with 0.5ml once!

I had 3 inseminations with this baby, on CD11, first time with new donor, he was very nervous, got 1.2ml, inseminated 5 minutes after it was out, inserted a syringe with 3ml of Conceive Plus first (UK version of preseed), Big O 3 times, inserted Instead cup and lay there for 30 mins with a pillow under my bum.

Then CD13, donor got nervous and missed the pot so I had less than 1ml, about 0.5/0.6ml. I was quite annoyed but cudnt blame him! 3ml of Conceive Plus, then donation, Big O once and didnt use Instead cup and only stayed there 10 mins cus I thought it was pointless since I got less than 1ml.

Was supposed to meet again CD15 but he had to work, so I huffed and puffed about how I was out that month. Stopped temping and OPKs. Then on CD16 I did an OPK at 1pm and it was positive! I text the donor to see if he was free, and we rushed to meet him an hour away and I had another insemination at 3pm. Forgot the Concieve plus in the rush, plus my sister and friend where there, got 3ml this time, but then he talked for about 15 minutes while I had the pot in my pocket keeping warm and tryin to get rid of him! He left and I did the insem, Big O 3 times for good measure, only lay down for 10 mins cus they were waiting downstairs, and didnt use Insead cup.

I then ovulated the next day on CD17, and got my BFP at 9dpo! I didnt test before that cus I was convinced too many things had gone wrong each time and I wasnt pregnant, so it just goes to show, anything can happen! I dont know which insemination I conceived on either.

I used EPO CD11-CD16 and that was it! Hope that helps someone abit!

Also, I had a 6 month break between my 6th misscarriage and trying again, and ex-oh left and moved out 4 months before, so although that was a stressful time, I was calmer and less stressed by the time I tried again in April. It wad also my least medicated cycle,I was usually taking Soy, Vit B, and various other things!

Urgh, back to the drawing board. I had been TTC with a friend for a few months now (since Feb) but some serious issues have come up about him today, which he has admitted to, so it's safe to say I won't be going near him again. I can't say what it is on here, seeing as it's a public forum.

Luckily I remembered a man who got in touch with me a while ago, he saw my ad on a sperm donor site, so I've sent him an email. I could potentially be TTC again within the next couple of weeks! I know enough about him to feel comfortable with the whole thing... I checked him out when I first got his message before, force of habit :haha: xx

What is all the fuss with Andrew Proven Donor, if someone could PM me more details i will find it really useful/helpful as most posts which state a lot of the hate have been removed. I need to know we are making the right decision and would welcome positive and negative feedback of dealings with Andrew to put our minds at ease.

hey ladies...sorry i've been MIA we all had a nasty virus around here the last 3 days and i'm just now feeling good enough to get on computer.....today is 7dpo and i was having some cramps on right side(near ovary) the first few days but now i'm so sore everywhere from puking i dont know what i feel is symptoms or sore muscles lol...i guess i am not feeling it's going to be a bfp this month...all this sickness and no symptoms has me feeling down kinda but i'm still praying for a bfp:flower:

KahluaCupcake...:hugs: hugs and so sorry for your loss! i havent been here long, but understand the pain of m/c, mine was last july and i'm sad you were not getting the support u needed...fingers crossed for you and glad you are beginning the journey again to your sticky bean!

Ruby...yay! so glad you are back again! fx'd and prayers for your bfp soon!!

lian...hang in there! some ladies dont get bfp till 14dpo..it can be different each cycle....fx'ed for you!!!! :)

c30...hoping it's just too early...positive thoughts! hang in there! :hugs:

TTC....fx'ed for your bfp soon!! hope this will be the donor to do it!! :)

pasta...have heard of andrew before but never used him...if u go on www.fsdr.com u can chat with the members and they can tell u more info on him....

on and Luna...i forget to tell u but i always look forward to your posts..after what u have been thru u deserve this sticky bean more than anyone:)

Sorry if i forgot anyone..still kinda sickly..will be back soon!!!!!

oh..mrsMM...praying,hoping this is your bfp cycle for that sticky bean!!! :)

pastabella - I used Andrew for one cycle, quite a while ago now, and I can honestly say that I wasn't a fan of him. I wouldn't want to go into detail on a public forum though, but feel free to send me an email address or something so I can let you know of my experience :thumbup: xx

hi, faith and TTC, thanks for the link and the info, I can't send PM's yet to members as i am a newbie. We have used him too, I am just thinking of changing, as I'm just not 100% anymore.

Wow, glad everything worked out in the end, Luna. :D

Good luck to you, TTC Sept, hope the donor gets in touch with you very soon and you can get started.

Sorry to hear that, faithbabies. :( I hope you all feel better!

I hope you find a donor you like better, pasta.

RUBY, glad you came back to check on us. As for the consistency, after a few mins, it should still become water no matter it's start. Teh consistency is due to the Ph of the "donor" and doesn't hurt. Only makes an easier trip through the areas.

LIAN, thanks! I am beginning to worry when I look at my chart. Contemplating not looking at it for a while :haha: Hang in there, 10DPO is still early, and you still have NO AF=good sign. Those temps and shivering alothough annoying also sound like a good sign.

TTC, sorry you are experiencing donor issues, that totally sux! :hugs:

FAITH, stay strong, your symptoms could have been easily masked due to that virus. No AF=a good sign! I hope you feel better :flower:

AFM, I am 9DPO! Nerves still there. My strong cramping seems to be gone today but lasted till bedtime last night. No abdomen aches on the right and it didn't switch to the left as of now either... Hoping that AF doesn't ease in! So far, no site of AF! Ladies, one day closer to that :bfp: FXD!!

Back to waiting to O for me... Hope to see everyone else here get bfps. :dust:

TTCSept, it's too bad about what happened to your donor-friend. And the worse thing is, it seems like you're not even gonna be friends. Must be awful! :hug: I hope u can find someone new soon.

PinkorBlue -- can you be getting IB?? I checked your FF chart, it seems like you are on 9DPO and you marked L on the Menses.

Faith, MrsMM24 -- Thanks for the words of encouragement. I feel so depressed when I woke up today, temps are still high, but at 11DPO and no temp dip other the one at 5DPO, I just feel like I'm out already. I went to the bathroom and took one IC, and I wasn't surprised to see the :bfn:. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: I just don't know where it went wrong.

Girls please please please don't talk about specific donors in here, by name... we have already been warned not to do so & have gotten "scolded" in the past...

Please keep specifics private, ok?? I love this thread & don't want us to get in trouble...

Plus... keep in mind that donors sometimes read our posts as well... since its a public forum...

:flower: :flower: :flower:

lian...hang in there hon! i actually read earlier today that some women dont even have dips in their temps during O or implantation...i dont do my temps (yet) but found that interesting....and as i said some women dont get bfp till 14-15 dpo....fingers crossed:hugs:

ruby sorry about that! i didnt really say his whole name but i see what u mean! thanks for keeping us in line:)

ruby sorry about that! i didnt really say his whole name but i see what u mean! thanks for keeping us in line:)

Lol... faithbabies... just don't wanna get in trouble... again! :dohh: This thread needs to stick around... i need you guys! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->