Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Congrats twomummies!!

Lian, don't panic. I didn't get a very very very very faint line until i was 10dpo and that was with twins. You're not out yet!

Sounds like were all in a similar boat! My wife and i just did our first IUI with donor sperm at the clinic because they said it was ill advised to do it at home. Our fertility doctor has been wonderful throughout the whole process. Willing to talk to anyone through facebook or PM about the process...its a horrid wait to find out!

Sounds like were all in a similar boat! My wife and i just did our first IUI with donor sperm at the clinic because they said it was ill advised to do it at home. Our fertility doctor has been wonderful throughout the whole process. Willing to talk to anyone through facebook or PM about the process...its a horrid wait to find out!

Hello, why is it ill advised to do it at home? Many people on her are doing it at home and some have definitely gotten pregnant. Either way, nice to meet you and happy youve got a nice fertility doctor. Pm me if u wanna chat, i am about to be on my 5th tww :)

Feeling VERY emotional this afternoon, just want to have a little :cry: :(

Well ladies I'm back had to stop coming on everyday or I would have driven myself nuts waiting to try.That being said impatience has gotten the best of us and we have decided to do a "dry run" this month. We talked to our donor and he is able to donate twice next week, so here is hoping the "dry run" works. Getting nervous and happy that we can at least share with you guys whats going on.

Congrats on the BFP's and baby dust to all you wonderful ladies.

Why were u advised not to do it at home? Alot of peopl;here did it at home and were successful,including me, Id say its possibly a ploy to get you to pay for IUI! Theres no harm at all doing it at home apart from STDs, which ppl can be screened for. Id say ur more at risk having a one night stand tbh!

So, we're about to get back on the horse.
After a miscarriage, trying to chart before a first AF is tricky. Sometimes things go smoothly, and sometimes they don't. I got a single day's almost-positive on an LH strip, so I either missed ovulation or it was a random spike...who knows. It has been just under a month since my d&c, so I'm waiting on ovulation, or AF so I can begin a regular cycle.
I'm a little nervous though because I'm on new insurance that I know will not cover clomid. Currently, our funds are very low, since we're playing catch-up after missing two weeks of work in grieving and recovering.
By the way, a very special thank you to babymakestwo...I had come here briefly after the bad news, and you were the only one to ackowledge me. :( But thank you very much. It came at a bad time because I was feeling ignored and alienated at home and by friends afterwards, and so I was very upset and bitter about the fact that someone else here had a m/c and got two pages of sorrow. I'm not upset anymore though....the support forum on this site has been very helpful.

But so now we're back at it. The store I used to get Instead Cups at stopped selling them (who knows why!) and so now I need a new source. Luckily I didn't chuck the few I had leftover, and still have some preseed, applicators, and there's always my new friend that helped me achieve the BFP in the first place: raw egg whites! I was so shocked that it worked, but it did!
I was so happy to not have to chart and schedule donations, etc etc etc. But here it goes again!

im sorry hun, i must have missed your post, im so sorry for your loss

good to see your back in the sadle and i hope you get that sticky bfp soon.

I agree ...i must have missed the post! Glad to you see you are trying again...and the egg whites ha...we have been thinking of that....

Hey kahluacupcaKE! SO SoRRY for your loss :(

Must have missed your post too. Keep strong and dont worry, bfp will come again!

...Might be a bit TMI ladies...but when you take the softcup out....is there anything left? I feel that there is "gooooopppyy" stuff.....but then again...I guess it would be the preseed, cm, and perhaps only a small amount of the donation left? Just wondering if anyone else finds this to be true....I mean we can expect it to come out all clean right?! LOL

DM, I actually smell the stuff on the softcup everytime I pull it out. Good thing is doesn't smell like sperm or semen at all. I think it's mostly the Preseed/Conceive Plus because it has that sour tinge like Baking Soda, but definitely not the chlorine smell of sperm. So, hopefully most of the swimmers got in.

KAHLUA, so sorry for your lost. I arrived on this thread recently but I've been very active ever since.

AFM, another BFN at 9DPO. Well, I squinted so hard that I thought I saw a line but I must be hallucinating.. Can't stop myself and I have an EMS-envelope filled with ICs.

Kahlua~ I'm so sorry :hugs:

dmfamily~ Yep, there was goopy stuff left over, :haha: not as much as I thought there would be though.

lian~ Hey, if you have them, why not use them.. right? ;)

Good luck, TwinsFan!! :)

I'm considering preseed next cycle if there's no bfp.

Kahlua,
I must have missed your post, I've just started checking this thread again more regularly. I apologize that I didn't see it and thus didn't say anything. That must have felt awful for you on top an already difficult time to share what you were going through and only have one person respond. Hopefully you know it wasn't intentional on any of our parts I'm sure.

I've been where you are...wasn't as far along but had two miscarriages before my successful pregnancy with Eden. I remember feeling like it was never going to happen for me. And my fertility doc suggested I find a new donor because I miscarried twice with him. I did not follow his advice because my gut was that that didn't have much if anything to do with it. In the end I was right. TTC and being PAL is really tough. I wish you lots of love and light during this time.
Erin

I'm so sorry for your loss Kahlua, I obviously missed your post because I'm on this thread most days :hugs: It's great that you're looking to get back into it again though! :thumbup:

Yes, I've always had some "stuff" left in the softcup afterwards but like you say, it's probably a mix of EWCM, Pre-Seed and maybe a little bit of semen... xx

LIAN, "beating a dead horse here" but I have to agree that 7 & 9DPO is still alittle early even with ICs, give it another day, and try maybe the early AM. GL!! :dust: FXD

TWINS, totally understand driving yourself crazy, welcome back :wave: for your absence, let's get you started back on this egg chase :dust:

WILSONS, I know you have heard it here before, but I don't know how they advised against DIY at home, unless there were personal underlying reason, we have been successful more than once and are trying again. Not to mention the abundance of ladies on here. Hoping this cycle works and you won't have to consider IUI or DIY :dust:

KAHLUA, I am sorry for your loss :hugs: welcome to you:wave: I know how you are feeling, even now, as we lost our precious LO around the same time you did (which coincidentally may be how I missed it, as I do well to check thread daily sometimes numerous times) I am glad you are feeling more acknowledged and are back here to get in the chase again! GL and :dust:

DM, not TMI at all as you see.... :haha: but yeah, I am like LIAN, I take a smell as well. It is likely the CM, or a combo, because of the location. There may be a little of the "donation" as well to be honest, I mean, there are millions in that one specimen, don't fret, you only need ONE!!! GL, and :dust: when are you testing???

AFM, I am 8DPO and getting more nervous. Not sure why, can only be attributed to the fact that I have had strong cramping for about 2-3 days and my right abdomen is achey... I don't remember AF that much, so I am not sure WHAT to think, onset or IB, or just Preg! FXD no site of AF today, and that I am one day closer to that :bfp:

I hope you all had a GREAT weekend! I am not sure if we were all able to hold out as next week gets closer, it is really early, but if you weren't any good news?

Sending out EXTRA :dust: to the thread as we start our week, the LAST week in the TWW!!! :dust: those that are starting the TWW and those that are beginning TTC and those testing!!! TESTING 8/23

LIAN, "beating a dead horse here" but I have to agree that 7 & 9DPO is still alittle early even with ICs, give it another day, and try maybe the early AM. GL!! :dust: FXD

TWINS, totally understand driving yourself crazy, welcome back :wave: for your absence, let's get you started back on this egg chase :dust:

WILSONS, I know you have heard it here before, but I don't know how they advised against DIY at home, unless there were personal underlying reason, we have been successful more than once and are trying again. Not to mention the abundance of ladies on here. Hoping this cycle works and you won't have to consider IUI or DIY :dust:

KAHLUA, I am sorry for your loss :hugs: welcome to you:wave: I know how you are feeling, even now, as we lost our precious LO around the same time you did (which coincidentally may be how I missed it, as I do well to check thread daily sometimes numerous times) I am glad you are feeling more acknowledged and are back here to get in the chase again! GL and :dust:

DM, not TMI at all as you see.... :haha: but yeah, I am like LIAN, I take a smell as well. It is likely the CM, or a combo, because of the location. There may be a little of the "donation" as well to be honest, I mean, there are millions in that one specimen, don't fret, you only need ONE!!! GL, and :dust: when are you testing???

AFM, I am 8DPO and getting more nervous. Not sure why, can only be attributed to the fact that I have had strong cramping for about 2-3 days and my right abdomen is achey... I don't remember AF that much, so I am not sure WHAT to think, onset or IB, or just Preg! FXD no site of AF today, and that I am one day closer to that :bfp:

I hope you all had a GREAT weekend! I am not sure if we were all able to hold out as next week gets closer, it is really early, but if you weren't any good news?

Sending out EXTRA :dust: to the thread as we start our week, the LAST week in the TWW!!! :dust: those that are starting the TWW and those that are beginning TTC and those testing!!! TESTING 8/23

Yay, the second half of the tww is here lol!!!

I know the feeling MM, only mine is on the left, I've had to change the way I exercise because of it. I hope this means something good for both of us! :dust: How is everyone else doing today?

Yours is left? Yeah, I REALLY hope this means that it is a good sign/symptom! Been hard not getting too excited, been hard trying to not worry every time I go to the bathroom too.... FXD for us! I hope we can be bump buddies! :dust:

im liking the look of those charts ladies, hoping thoses are nice implantation dips there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->