Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

TTCSept, it's too bad about what happened to your donor-friend. And the worse thing is, it seems like you're not even gonna be friends. Must be awful! :hug: I hope u can find someone new soon.

PinkorBlue -- can you be getting IB?? I checked your FF chart, it seems like you are on 9DPO and you marked L on the Menses.

Faith, MrsMM24 -- Thanks for the words of encouragement. I feel so depressed when I woke up today, temps are still high, but at 11DPO and no temp dip other the one at 5DPO, I just feel like I'm out already. I went to the bathroom and took one IC, and I wasn't surprised to see the :bfn:. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: I just don't know where it went wrong.

:flower:

As for IB, that's what I was hoping but it got more red and heavier as the day went on, and now it's more of a medium than light.

Hey ladies quick question. We are getting ready for our first insemination tomorrow. Thanks to my lovely Aunt the nurse we were able to get sterile sample cups and only what I can describe as horse size needless syringes. Due to the concern I saw in my partners face over the size of said syringe I went to the pharmacy and picked up your everyday kids oral medicine syringe. My question is; the syringe is still in it's wrapping, can I use it directly out of the wrapping? Is there anything on there that might hurt the sperm. I'm just worried that if I wash it, it won't be dry in time for when our donor show. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

you can use the syringe directly out of the package, as that is probably most sterile anyway! I hope that helps and good luck with your insem!

Yeah, if the stringe is in the wrapper, its sterile and you can use it immediately! Hope this helps and good luck!

Sorry Ruby, that's why I didn't want to go into detail on here, never even thought about his name! :dohh:

Lian - Yeah, I won't be having anything more to do with my donor/friend I'm afraid. But it looks like I've got myself a new donor... I work fast :winkwink: Well, he got in touch ages ago when I wasn't looking, but he's agreed to help me conceive now. He's got the right features, he's got a high IQ, but what I love most is that he's a family man with kids of his own, he really seems to know what he's talking about. I've checked him out again online and all is well there. It's just a matter of sorting out times and dates for donations (the boring practical stuff which always stresses me out!) xx

LIAN, I hope you're feeling better emotionally today. :hugs: Totally know how you feel, as I am not sure I OV this month now, starting to doubt it.... I hope you see some nice lines later this week Hun! :hugs: :dust:

TWINS, yes, use it right out of the wrapper as they package them sterile. Good Luck with the Insem!!! FXD!!! Chase that egg! :dust:

AFM, I am 10DPO! I am super nervous, and I made it worse. I had the urge to POAS, however, I didn’t want to use the only HPT so I used an OPK, ummm, why was it pos??? Definitely stopped my POAS urge, but now I wonder why it’s pos, makes me feel like I should be focusing on Sept. Getting the “donation” shipment arranged etc… :sad1: My temp went back up so I just don’t know. I felt a little sick (nauseaus) this morning, no cramping, and no sore bbs…. Not sure if I should be thinking I don’t want AF, I mean, my cycle could be crazy because of the MC so… :shrug: But, for right now, no site of AF = one day closer to ….???

hey mrsmm, i saw in a few other threads whrre ladies who had positive opk got their bfp a few days later. hoping this is the case for u! fingers acrossed and baby dust!

Hey ladies quick question. We are getting ready for our first insemination tomorrow. Thanks to my lovely Aunt the nurse we were able to get sterile sample cups and only what I can describe as horse size needless syringes. Due to the concern I saw in my partners face over the size of said syringe I went to the pharmacy and picked up your everyday kids oral medicine syringe. My question is; the syringe is still in it's wrapping, can I use it directly out of the wrapping? Is there anything on there that might hurt the sperm. I'm just worried that if I wash it, it won't be dry in time for when our donor show. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Syringes we used are about 11cm long and we would put that all the way in, and use straight from the pack. Although they are long, think 10 ml syringes, we only ever got 1 or 1.5 ml max at the one time.

Good luck!
Legs up!:flower:

I always had a positive opk before an IC, good luck!

good luck all u ladies who r waiting to test bt dont worry about the tests not always workin early on some tests r duds + sumtimes it takes a lil longer 4 a bfp i no someone who could get a bfp wen she wud have bin 8/10 weeks + she was pregers with twins dont mean 2 rain on ne1's parade it is meant 2 b a positive as long as the witch stays away ur all still in the game
xx

Well ladies our first insemination is done......not as scary as we originally thought. Our donor was super funny I was explaining all the charting and things you have to track and how each time is like a 25% chance. He was very shocked that we couldn't just pick a day to get pregnant, but what do you expect from a boy and a gay one at that. Everything went well. Now that the syringe has been used am I right in assuming that I can just wash it out with dish soap and let it dry? Or is there another method that is best. Once again ladies thank you so much for your help and Baby Dust to everyone!

MrsMM24 - thanks for comforting me.. Fxed for you that the +OPK will translate into a +HPT in a few days. I checked your chart once again, what happened at 7DPO when your temp skyrocketed. I still think 8DPO is your Implantation day and you're just entering a triphasic pattern.

Twins - Yes, I just wash the syringe with soap and hot water (not boiling). Then I try to disinfect using a rubbing alcohol then let it dry. Every other month, I also buy a new syringe, just to be safe about it... It's funny that my donor also thinks that a woman could release her egg anytime she wants, or it comes out after orgasm. :haha:

My update: Last night (11 DPO), I had bad cramps and I thought AF is on her way. Also, have been frequently urinating (TMI), and around 11pm, I noticed a pink smear on the tissue paper. Wiped myself again and dug a bit deeper (TMI again), and saw more pinkish blood coming out. Just weird to have AF arriving 3 days earlier as I always have a 14-day LP. Today, AF is a no-show and I might be hallucinating, but I thought I saw a faint shadow of a 2nd line on the IC. :winkwink: Also, temps are still high.

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Fingers crossed for you Lian!!! Hope thats IB for you!

Our donor was super funny I was explaining all the charting and things you have to track and how each time is like a 25% chance. He was very shocked that we couldn't just pick a day to get pregnant, but what do you expect from a boy and a gay one at that.

:rofl: If only it were that simple.... :dust: and hope you see a bfp soon!

Ruby, good to see you back in here, I've often wondered how you were :flower:

Lian, really hope that's IB, FX for you :hugs:

TwinsFan, that did make me smile :dust: to you

MrsMM, hope ebelle's right about the positive OPK, FX!!!!

Afm, FF puts me at 16dpo. I've had absolutely no period pains or bachache which I do every month and is a sure sign that AF is due. I'm TRYING to keep a steady head but this 2ww is a killer, lol. I'm testing again saturday, unless I can't wait that long or of course, AF shows. I do have a dr's appointment for next wednesday, 24th; I suffer from restless leg and I stopped my medication for it when I started ttc and its come back with a vengeance so I'm hoping he'll be able to tell me what pain killer's I can take or if there's anything else I can take. Also, if no AF/BFP he can take some bloods.

c.30 - thanks.. I tried checking your FF chart but it's not linking properly. It just brings me straight to my chart.

:dust: for all of us here.. It's crazy but so exciting!!

Still no signs of AF for me and hoping it stays that way.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php?d=2011-7-23

Is that any better Lian? I think I might have ovulated on the wednesday because I'm sure I felt it whilst shopping, stopped me in my tracks so today would be 15dpo (I think, if you dont count the wednesday). IF I change the setting to FAM which is how I started charting originally, I am 14dpo today....tis all very confusing, lol, but as I said it 'felt' like I ovulated on the 3rd.

Really hope AF stays away for the both of us and anyone else in the 2ww!!

Would you believe it, right after I posted that I went to the toilet and got (tmi) pink, creamy tinge on the toilet paper. Still no PP but think AF may be on her way...time to deal with that!!!!

c.30 - Link is supposed to be of this format..

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/******/

where *'s are numbers. From your chart page, click the SHARE button, then you can copy and paste your link. Maybe you have Od much later and could still be IB?? Fxed for you as well.

EBELLE, Thanks! I been reading that as well too, not sure why that hasn't made me more hopeful. Likely because I am skeptical of the MC changing... :shrug: How have you been?

LUNA, I'm kinda wondering if I should get a more sensitive HPT to test with on test day? I haven't tested, and since it is before my wife's bday when we test, I want to make sure that the news is as accurate as possible...

TWINS, Welcome to the dreaded TWW :wave: FXD that you got everything right on!!! :dust:

LIAN, thanks for checking this dreadful chart... I actually went to bed early the night before 7DPO and woke early so I check my temp. I am going to change it based on the BBT adjuster right now though. 8DPO IB dip, from your lips to... I thought that my dip was 8DPO, but thought that seemed late?? In your case, I think what you just mentioned sounds like you just had an IB dip!!! FXD! The symptoms even slight tinge and you temps sound very promising. Could it be, you and I bump buddies?? FXD :dust:

C.30, NO AF= good sign. I hope they take bloods when you get to the doc if you haven't had a pos before 24th. FXD! I am thinking that your FAM is correct (cannot see your chart though) and these things that are happening now are IB!!! FXD!!! :dust:

AFM…
11DPO today, wow!! In shock I haven’t tested. :haha: I mean, besides the urge yesterday and using an OPK. The uncertainty I feel after seeing that and reading it could be a good sign andreading it has no relevance, stopped my POAS urge! No AF, so I am not trying to worry, because regardless of whether that was pos, I would still have to wait for AF to “get back in the chase,” so I am trying to remain relaxed, symptom spot, and pray!!! Current SSing: Day 2 of feeling a little sick (I felt a little sick (nauseous) this morning lasting 15 mins no vomit, mild cramping through the night, NO sore bbs (symptom I always get with both previous preg and AF)…. Certain MC has done something strange to my cycle, I am approaching what would have been the “normal” end to my LP (13days)

Going to have to go with my PMA: NO AF = one day closer to ….???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->