Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

TTC, totally know how you feel, we have been TTC for nearly 2 years with a MC in there. It doesn't get easier, but the end result is the GREATEST! :hugs:

PINK, hope they can get some answers when you take the charts/tests. Keep us posted.

DM, welcome to the TWW! :wave: I hope it proves successful for you! FXD :sust:

DAY_DREAMER, welcome back to TTC, GL and :dust:

LIAN, I am so so sorry :hugs: AF is here, it is late, but I wonder could OV date be later than you thought and this is IB? I hope you will gather the strength to continue on, as I can see that you would be the most awesome mom! FXD :dust:

FAITH, it actually could be IB. I have seen on many threads some women getting IB 9/10DPO... FXD :dust:

C.30, :hugs: I hope you feel better Hun!

TWINS, I agree with TTC, some women do spot during OV. As well, C.30 is correct, I have had cramps using softcups, not every time, but a few.

I am 12DPO Hard not to test today, but we want to be sure and closer to my wife’s b-day is great. I am trying to remain relaxed, symptom spot, and pray!!! Current SSing: increased creamy CM, bbs tingling every now and then (symptom I always get with both previous preg and AF is SORE)…. My appetite was large last night and I was ready to eat this morning as well. I have no other real symptoms though so I am just WAITING… :wacko:

*My PMA: NO AF = one day closer to ???*

:hugs: That sucks lian, I know exactly how that feels. It will happen for you! :flower:

Sorry, faithbabies, I hope that's not AF attempting to show her face.

Good luck when you start, day_dreamer. :)

Twins~ I have had a streak of red before and it was when O was due, so maybe? I get cramps with them too but they don't last very long.

MM~ I will. :) Happy early birthday to your wife, what a great gift that would be! :D

c.30~ Lots of :dust: your way for your next insem day!

Hi :blush: i hope you dont feel im butting in but i wondered if you had any pointers for home insemination for me? Im not using donor im doing home insemination because sorry if its tmi but i get very sore very quickly so i wouldnt be able to do it enough to get caught and also my OH can take a long time to *ahem* finish which adds to me being sore and also he was starting to feel pressure that he had to finish the job quickly so then was finding it difficult to finish the job!!! Sorry for all the info just wanted to put straight why we have chosen to do it this way. I just wondered if there was a right or wrong way to do it and saw this thread and hoped you all wouldnt mind me butting in :blush:

Hi piglets, welcome :flower: :D

Just did a quick search through the thread as knew there was a link where people posted a 'how to'; hope it helps some

https://www.babyandbump.com/assiste...-artificial-insemination-success-stories.html

Hi ladies.. welcome piglet! Cramps are gone and now I have been burning all day and have a slight headache.. nothing seems to be working and I'm in a haze of dreaming all day. Not letting myself stress so I will be in a calm state. I am not sure I will be able to wait the full 12 days to test.. but I know its best to wait.. right?

Funny story for everyone... last night we left the donors house and I still needed to have my legs up and my hips up a bit.. my fiancee Jen had me lay down in the back of the loaner car.. (2010 dodge avenger... loaded and leather) and had me stay in that position for 30 minutes.. funny thing is my mom said if I am anything like her, all I need was a back seat of a car. Haha.. let's hope I am like my mom!!!

Have a great Friday!

PIGLETS, welcome, I responded on the thread that C.30 mentioned, so I hope you saw it. And just some 411, NOTHING is TMI on these threads :haha:

TWINS, these are some early symptoms (but some AF symptoms mirror preg as well). Tylenol is all that you can really take for headaches, and that sux cause it doesn't really work, hope it's getting better. It IS best you wait to test, 1) trace LSH can still be found 1-2 days after OV, 2)implantation has to occur and that's within 2-5days, 3) so you don't have to experience some of the sad, negative, stressful feelings that come when seeing a bfn. That is an AWESOME story, good thinking Jen! Now you guys can tell your LO that when its their turn after it works!! :haha: Welcome to the TWW!!!

Thanks for responding! Yeah we had a great laugh about the car thing. My mom just called me and she said she was actually going to write down the nursery rhyme she wrote for me when I was born. Then she started to sing it and I of course started balling. Lol. Thanks for the welcome and I am glad to be part of the TWW.. we are crossing our fingers for us all.

LOVE that story TwinsFan, made me smile when I really needed it :D

MM24 That would be an awesome bday present for your wife to get a positive. Good luck and lots of baby dust.

twinsfan, thats a lovely story! keeping my fingers crossed for you and welcome to tww :)

hey mrsmm, really hoping u get that positive as the birthdsy gift. how awesome would that be?

lian, sorry abt af. stay positive for next cycle ok?

My lovely ladies, thanks a lot for the 'condolences.' I think AF is really here, sparse bleeding is increasing..

MrsMM24 - Fxed that this will a bday present to your wife! Rooting for you.

Ebelle - thanks again, I'm trying to be strong.

PinkorBlue - Good luck to us for this new cycle. Hoping this is much luckier. I am planning to modify my TTC cocktail.

Twins - hoping that that position would help u catch the egg. Yeah, the things we do for a baby!

Piglets - Welcome!

Btw, this may seem like a rookie question, but which day should I record as CD1..

I wouldn't consider yesterday as a normal period, it was just that there is blood everytime I wipe but a panty liner is enough for it. Today, I need to wear a regular pad but still there is no actual flow. More of like heavy spotting.

Which day should I record as CD1?? Should I wait for the actual flow?? Thanks again ladies.

generally u shld record spotting as spotting and cd1 when regular flow appears. hope this helps!

Thanks Ladies! I am soooo hoping. She is getting more anxious than me, I am hoping she doesn't help me cave in to test...

LIAN, even if it wasn't a regular flow, you record CD1 with spotting, you can note that it was spotting, as that will also be helpful when "predicting" your next af and what it would be like. (You won't need to really know about the cycle after this CD1 however because you will have gotten your bfp in Sept!!!!)

Lian- Positive thoughts and :bfp: vibes for you! :)

Hey everyone, hope the weekend is going great for you ladies so far.

AFM- I met with my midwife yesterday and the conclusion is despite what's on my chart, I most likely ovulated around the second or third of August. It makes a little more sense as it does coincide with my average LP. I expressed my concern about possibly mistaking the ewcm I have after cd12 since the color changes. She said ewcm can be clear or semi-clear and is still normal but I can look into EPO again and take it next cycle to see if it that makes a difference. She reminded me that fertility awareness isn't perfect and all I can do is the best I can. Trying to conceive can be a frustrating process but it will be worth it in the end. The plan is to start opk testing on cd9 from now on and see when a positive shows up. My donor is waiting for the thumbs up and has been great about this. We joked that I shouldn't have teased about the possibility of Oing early before wishing him a happy vacation. :dohh: lol

Hey girls...

lian -- :hugs: Sorry the witch got you!

MM24 -- Fingers crossed for you & everyone else in the TWW... my partner included! Hope this is our month! Would like to see lots of bump buddies around here real soon!!!

TwinsFan -- Hope you caught your backseat baby!! Loved your story! On one of our trips to meet the donor, the hotel was booked... no rooms available!! So he did the deed in a nearby restaurant bathroom... and my OH inseminated by herself in the back of our mini van... while i drove home... and our 4 year old sat in the row ahead of her watching Spongebob! :dohh: Maybe we should all team up & write a book about the misadventures of AI with donor sperm!! But at the end, we'll all be holding our little miracle babies...... and it will give other's the PMA to keep trying! :happydance:

Conversation i had with OH while laying in bed the other night:

Me: "The girl's on BnB were talking the other day about how they sterilize the syringe after insemination... and then use it again... for the next insemination."

OH: (silence)

Me: "Why do we keep throwing the syringe away & buying a new one everytime we inseminate???"

OH: (silence)

Me: "I never thought of cleaning it, and using it again.......... did you??"

OH: "No." (silence) "How come we never thought of that??!!"

:dohh:

Lol........ i learn so much from you guys!!!!! I know i don't post nearly as much as i used to..... i think after 2 years of TTC & 2 years of disappointments..... my enthusiasm has dwindled a bit..... but i am so grateful for all the advice & support i get here. I really appreciate all of you & i am rooting for all of you... :flower:

Hi Ladies, I have a quick question which may be slightly off topic regarding exercise and ttc...at the moment, I dont do any exercise but would like to start; I just wonder how or if it would affect my fertility if I start now and have never done it before (if that makes sense)

I'm not talking about a gym or running, I have some good dvd workouts which can, because I've tried them, really build up a sweat. Weight wise, I'm not too bad at the mo, around 11 stone and I can carry that off well because I'm tall (and I'm in the 'healthy range due to my height) but to be honest, I wouldn't mind losing a few pounds; I am the ultimate chocoholic and I'm trying to cut it out of my diet again but I'm thinking as long as I eat healthily and exercise I can still treat myself to the odd chocolate snack.

Anyway, any advice grateful :flower:

Thanks Ebelle, MrsMM24, Pink, and Ruby.. AF is in full-force today, very painful cramps which I never had before. Oh well.. :wacko:

I have a question about this whole sperm donation business - I have been done 4 failed cycles with my donor friend and because my blood-tests are quite good and donor's SA are also normal, I just don't know where it's going wrong.

So today, I actually met a new donor and we talked about it, and he seems to be very professional and nice overall. He is also very flexible and really wants to have a child as well. But I don't know -- somehow I'm hearing my future child's voice saying like "No, that's not my father!" Sorry, if this is too ridiculous but have you ever felt that way??

As you know and based on my obsessive posts, I really wanted to be a mother so badly but when I was scheduling my O-dates with new donor, something was holding me back, like I wasn't even sure why I am doing this.. Sorry girls, I just badly needed some advice. Thanks a lot. This thread is a source of my strength no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->