Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hi ladies,

c.30 - if I haven't said it before, I'm sorry your donor has caused you this hassle, but it just shows that your baby wasn't meant to be conceived by him. You'll find someone better :hugs:

To everyone who's still in the two week wait, I have my fingers firmly crossed!

I was wondering, all you girls who use the syringe, and then put in a softcup later... do you orgasm before or after putting in the cup? I'd be worried that, when inserting the cup, I'd be somehow blocking the cervix so the swimmers can't get through... or am I being silly? I'm open to trying it this cycle... new donor, new method :haha:

By the way, I was chatting to a few other recips on the forum I met this new donor on, got talking to a new lady on there, we chatted for a couple of days. Only yesterday did we both realise that we're using the same donor! She had her donation from him today and she's told me he's really nice, quite quiet but polite, well presented. He knows what he's doing which is reassuring. How good would it be to be bump buddies with a woman whose baby has the same biological father as mine?! Some might see it as weird, but we both think it's quite cool. We even talked about meeting one day if we both conceive by him.

Can I just ask where everyone finds their donors? OH and I are feeling really downhearted about the search for a donor. Always was my least favourite part of ttc!

Hi Tegan,

check on freesperdonorregistry.com and https://www.free-sperm-donations.com/

GL Hun!

MM24- Just remember you aren't out until the witch shows. And you do have good symptoms it sounds like, but I can understand with the mc the concerns you have.

Tegan's Mom- We have actually been very luck with our donor search we have 2 possible donors and met both through a local PFLAG organization. Oddly enough it was my Mom who found both of our donors. She was so cute with her passing conversations of "Hey my daughter needs a sperm donor you interested?" Gotta love Mom.

:hi: Welcome back Tegans Mama! Happy to hear about your upcoming wedding!

MrsMM24 - if FF is correct, u Od on the 9th and you are currently 13DPO so u still have hope for that Aug :bfp: It's quite clear from your temps that you have Od and in fact 6-7DPO looks like Implantation. Unless that is when you really ovulated, but hopefully no, because u would have missed the egg, right? Fxed for u.

Hi Tegans Mama, I'm kinda new here. Best wishes! :hi:

C30 - maybe u are getting busy weeding out the donors right now.. good luck.. still there's some time before your O'date. :thumbup:

Twins - wow! your mom is so open-minded. gotta love that! I envy you, because I cannot mention even a hint of this process to my Mom.

AFM, the witch is gone and I'm starting a cycle w/o Soy. Hoping to O early enough. Also, been chatting w/ another potential donor just in case I want to cover all bases and my friend is not available.. Makes me feel like a total sl*t :blush:

TTC- I think that would be pretty cool to meet up with her!

Lian- Nothing wrong with having a plan B ;)

Tegan's Mama- Another freespermdonorregistry member. :)

Twins- What an awesome mom you have! :thumbup:

Tegan's Mom- We have actually been very luck with our donor search we have 2 possible donors and met both through a local PFLAG organization. Oddly enough it was my Mom who found both of our donors. She was so cute with her passing conversations of "Hey my daughter needs a sperm donor you interested?" Gotta love Mom.

That is simply too awesome!

We joined FSDR and there are actually quite a few donors in our area :) Not feeling quite as hopeless this morning :lol:

Twinfan thats great that your mum is so open minded!

Lian - There's certainly nothing wrong with having more than one donor! the more the merrier :lol:

I had 3 donors one month! As long as none want contact with the baby then its fine!

I had 3 donors one month! As long as none want contact with the baby then its fine!

That's actually what I'm thinking - and also it would be a surprised who the father is. But I can immediately find out once I give birth because the 2 donors are of different ethnicity. :happydance: Now, I feel like a female dog (b*..) used for breeding purposes. :haha:

:hugs: welcome back Tegan's mama:) good luck to ya:)

mrsMM...still hoping for your bfp:)

afm...today is 14dpo and AF was due to arrive yesterday and i'm thinking she is almost here...i'm not spotting much yet today but allthe other crampy signs are here...probably just going to have a 29 or 30 day cycle this month instead of 28...happens sometimes. I already ordered my preseed and instead cups for this cycle...so i'm ready:)

thinking of you all...fingers crossed for anyone in 2ww and prayers for us fixing to try again:)

Lian.. :lol: about the ethnicity! At you'll know though! We had two donors for Tegan. Both similar colouring. NO IDEA who her donor was :rofl:

faithbabies.. thanks for the welcome. Hoping af doesn't show for youxx

LIAN, yeah, that's how I am reading my chart as well, and if I OV that late on CD&, we definitely missed the eggy... :sad1: FF changed my OV date on it's own as I got +OPK 2 days before they suspect OV. I hope that the soy is helpful and you catch that early OV and egg! We found another donor to add from FSDR, so we can cover more bases next time.

TEGANS, YAY! I knew that site would prove helpful. GL

FAITH, since FF changed my OV date recently, we are on the same schedule, 14DPO... However after this morning, I am gearing up to be ready for next cycle when we return from our trip...

Sooo... I tested, FRER... BFN! :sad1:
14DPO, CD34! Longest cycle ever!! Current SS: very tired, BLOATED, no appetite, , but it leaves. I guess I am just waiting now to see if AF ever shows….

I have been reading alot on BnB about ladies getting late bfps, so I am thinking that since there is no af, we could still be in the running...

Wondering now if I am still in this chase... :af: temps still lingering highly.... Guess I am still waiting...

We joined FSDR and there are actually quite a few donors in our area :)

There are, aren't there!? I thought of you when we registered on there a couple of months back...after thinking 'oh bugger, bloomin typical' at having moved to our current donor-black hole! :D good luck!

Just a quick question ladies:

Aside from the usual (health, availability, contact, method etc etc), what questions do you usually ask your donors?

xx

Thinking of you, MM, I know how hard waiting is. :hugs: I'm the type who gets late bfps, so absolutely, you aren't out until af appears. Which she better not... ;)

TTC~ I usually ask them what they do for fun? What's their sense of humor like? Just to get an idea of who they are. :)

Sorry but I really disagree with this.

What happens when the child grows up and they ask about their father? Even if you have agreed no contact the child still has a right to know who their father is.

Also what happens if the child is diagnosed with a genetic condition? You will need to inform the donor as other children will be a risk and you won't know which one.

On top of this you will need medical history etc.

There is just too many issues that could pop up and too many potential issue's for a child if you use multiple donor's.

Imagine if you were told that your mother has no idea who your father is?

Just a quick question ladies:

Aside from the usual (health, availability, contact, method etc etc), what questions do you usually ask your donors?

xx

I wrote out a full questionaire covering contact, health, family history etc.

I am happy to email it to you if you like and you can alter it how you like?

I spent months and months thinking about all possible issues and questions so it's pretty detailed.

Do any of you ladies use the clearblue smiley face OPK's?? I'm looking at buying some but don't want to waste my money if they're no good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->