Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

As it turns out I did get a massive leak when I removed the syringe. But I'd kept it in for around 30 minutes so the strong swimmers should've been well on their way already. I hate the syringe method... if there's no BFP in two weeks I'm going back to my lovely softcups :haha:

Cheryl - I've just posted in this journal but I'll say good luck again for this month's donations! :hugs:

MrsMM - I hope you get your answer soon... hopefully it'll be that elusive BFP rather than the stupid witch! xx

CD1 today for me! Onwards and upwards. It's actually not as upsetting as I thought it would be (though I expect it will quickly get old!)

Lots of baby dust for next cycle, Tegans! :hugs:

I tried the syringe method this cycle on the last day of donations... yeah, propped hips and everything and still quite a mess. :dohh: :rofl:

MM~ It's going a little bit faster this time yay, a symptom has finally appeared. Progesterone just turned the heat up so I've been feeling hot since yesterday.

Cheryl~ :happydance: So glad you found a donor who worked out and hope you see a :bfp:

where do you get your softcups from? I'm considering maybe using one this cycle to keep it all "in" :lol:

Cheryl, I read your journal. :thumbup: Seems like u found a wonderful donor. It must be frustrating to missed out on last cycle but as they say in 'normal' relationships, "T'was well worth the wait."

Emma, I also have some problems with the syringe method. 30 mins is a long time, those swimmers are probably making their way inside your tubes. I can't stay still that long as my brain starts playing tricks on me that I needed to go to the bathroom. :wacko:

MM, you are not yet out.. Your temp is still way above your coverline and higher than your 2nd estrogen surge.
_______

AFM, I'm feeling much better and I think I'll be ovulating next week. I'm also wondering whether I should just go for the syringe or the Softcup method. My problem with the syringe is that my muscles down there tend to tighten up when I'm pushing the plunger (sorry TMI). Hence I don't think I'm squirting it into my cervix. As for the softcup, my only complain is that I can't insert it while sitting down or squatting otherwise some semen pours out forward.

I just hope I'm doing it properly.

Tegans Mama - I've always bought the cups on eBay, a box of 6 :thumbup:

Lian - I'm the same when I'm using the syringe. I don't know whether I'm shooting it in the right direction :haha: I'll definitely be sticking to the cups if I don't get my BFP this time!

How are you getting on pinkorblue? xx

PINK, that is awesome! Looks like you are fully in the egg chase!! GL :dust:

LIAN, I am glad to hear that you are feeling better and looking forward to OV, let's catch this eggy!

TEGANS, I had to get my from a drug store, but I see that there are plenty places online to buy them, try https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/extra-sensitive-pregnancy-test.html under FERTILITY Aids.... GL!

AFM… 15DPO, Temps took a huge dive.... Still not sleeping as good, probably just sad. I actually read alot of encouraging words from quite a few of the ladies I communicate with on BNB yesterday and it made me feel soooo much better heading into Oct. Not so discouraged as I wait on AF.

I hope that you all are geared up for a good weekend.

Just had another donation - read more about it in my journal ;)

PRAYING for a temp rise tomorrow, lol, if not, possibly got another donation lined up for sunday. This donor is a real good 'en, really pleased I've found him after all the other dissapointment :thumbup:

TTC~ Pretty good, looking forward to the weekend and eager to see what next week will bring. How about you? :)

MM~ :hugs: I hope your weekend is a good one, any plans? I'm a WWE fan so I have a pay-per-view to look forward to.

Cheryl~ FXd for you!!!

I'm good thanks. This cycle I'm taking the relaxed approach so I'm just taking it easy really :thumbup: xx

Feeling slightly confused today! Just did an OPK and it's negative, I mean the 2nd line is darkish but in no way is it as dark as the control. I had my positive on thursday but my temp still hasn't risen so I'm presuming I should OV today. My CP is wierd this month, can usually feel it really open but at the moment it's very high, not too soft and almost closed. I got donations yesterday and thursday so if I OV today that would be O-1, 0-2 - praying that that's good timing.

As I said before, donor is on standby for tomorrow but surely I should OV today if I got my positive OPK thursday - unless nerves played a part and delayed it...I guess we wait and see (but the waiting's the bit that drives me mad :dohh:)

(by the way, if I don't get my BFP this cycle, I'm getting some smiley OPK's - this guess work is so annoying!)

I don't blame you, the smileys are worth the extra money in my opinion. Plus, you can use them with FMU, that was the big selling point for me :thumbup:

O-2 and O-1 is very good timing, and if I were you, I'd go for the donation tomorrow anyway, just to be safe... xx

Plus, you can use them with FMU, that was the big selling point for me :thumbup:

Oh that's convinced me even more, thanks for the info :thumbup: Been looking around and amazon seems to be the best place to buy them, price and quantity wise.

Think you're right about the 3rd donation, it can't hurt right. I've text donor to see if he can still make it. Thanks :hugs:

Hi Cheryl, GL on your 3rd donation. I just posted on your journal! :thumbup:

Can I get tips on the syringe method? My problem is that I can't seem to find a way to push it gently (according to some guidelines on the net, squirt the semen gently to the cervix). I think I'm doing kegel unintentionally and it is just so tight down there (sorry could be TMI) and I can't even push the plunger. Last cycle, I resort mostly to the softcup method, so this time I just want some variety.

Just my two cents....I had no success with the syringe method. TMI, but my friend downstairs has ALWAYS involuntarily pushed everything out...after BD, and definitely the same after using the syringe. I don't know if that's normal or just me.
With the softcup, it's left in so long that there's no real chance of "losing" any. At least 7/10 of the sperm seem to make their way to exactly where they're supppsed to go, as after removing the cup 10-12 hours later, there's barely anything left, and it's usually just eggwhites.
I used the instead cups for a cycle or maybe two unsuccessfully, because I was only leaving it in for a couple hours. I discovered it was better to leave it in for a while. I often get donations at night, so I would literally "sleep on it." My body is utterly relaxed, and so there's no muscle action going on to inhibit the movement of the sperm.
I also tried to orgasm with the cup in, while sitting up or at least angled in that direction,so my cervix was dipping in the pool of semen.

Anyway....good luck! Things that work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
Best wishes to you!

You're lucky! I'm in a same-sex relationship so not only do I have no interest in NI, but OH wouldn't allow it. I also have that awful leakage issue. (Ew.)
However......have you tried using the instead cups AFTER NI? It does the same, and some people trying with their husbands do the same thing. It holds the semen & sperm all inside, helping them on their way. :)

You're lucky! I'm in a same-sex relationship so not only do I have no interest in NI, but OH wouldn't allow it. I also have that awful leakage issue. (Ew.)
However......have you tried using the instead cups AFTER NI? It does the same, and some people trying with their husbands do the same thing. It holds the semen & sperm all inside, helping them on their way. :)

honestly.........
TMI alert here
but my body seems to be greedy as i rarely leak after sex, :haha:
even with my ex who i was with for 8 years and had 2 children with i was the same
would explain why i have been pregnant 9 times, its just getting the bean to stay put :baby:

I'm good thanks. This cycle I'm taking the relaxed approach so I'm just taking it easy really :thumbup: xx

:thumbup::thumbup:

Cheryl~ Hopefully there won't be a need for opks next cycle :winkwink: but if you do, digi opks definitely worth it!!! :D

Kahlua~ If I don't get a bfp this cycle, I'm going to try having an orgasm while sitting up. I never would have thought of that!

Ticking~ That's pretty cool that you don't leak after, how lucky. :)

Lian~ I wish I had some to give but I only used the syringe once. I just thought of it like a tampon and unfortunately the plunger part got a bit stuck. I ended up pushing too hard at first :blush: but was able to gently push the rest of the sample. I'm so sticking to softcups after that lol. Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->