Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I think a lot of guys who do AI only honestly tend to be the most honest. <3 They're only looking to help us conceive, and not looking for anything in return. Bless them.
They are also afraid of a woman getting clingy. Especially young women conceiving their first child...lets face it, we all know a girl (or five) who sleeps with a guy twice and thinks he's their soul mate.
Also, they have no chance of contracting STDs. We take the risk, sure...but they're not willing to. And nobody can knock them for that.
Also, a lot of donors I've encountered are either homosexual or married/LTR. Their SOs, male or female, are kind enough to allow their men to give us a chance at having a baby. I wouldn't want them to have to turn the other cheek about sexual intercourse either.

So i totally, completely, 100% respect AI only donors for all these reasons and more!

with all respect i think NI donors can be just as honest

there is NOTHING there for us other than my desire to have a child, and his desire to help.
it really truely is not about sex, my donor offers AI if i wanted it but i requested NI as to me it is the most natural way, no messing with pots and syringes just MY personal preferance not his.

you can get good and bad donors whichever way that donation happens, I have heard from a woman who used an AI donor i had considered and despite them doing AI he started hounding her and demanding to see the baby once the baby was born,

it happens regardless of how the donations take place :thumbup:

Oh, I hope I didn't offend! It was not my intent. I do completely understand...
I found my donor (or he found us) through an online group, and so through the group I have read horror stories and dreams come true using both AI and NI donors. You never know what you're truly getting yourself into, and so those of us who have found wonderful donors are extremely lucky! <3

Oh, I hope I didn't offend! It was not my intent. I do completely understand...
I found my donor (or he found us) through an online group, and so through the group I have read horror stories and dreams come true using both AI and NI donors. You never know what you're truly getting yourself into, and so those of us who have found wonderful donors are extremely lucky! <3

i feel blessed with my donor as we get along so well, we can chat like old friends, no uneasiness at all

:happydance:

Hi all, I hope everyone's doing ok with donations and 2ww's :thumbup:

I was just wondering if any of you single ladies have journals? With the exception of topaz who I already stalk :blush: Seeing as I'll be a single mum, it'd be good to have a little insight into the daily routines, what it's like taking care of a newborn alone etc etc... xx

Hi TTC, I do have a journal, but as you know and can see, I am not single... Good luck... How are you feeling today?

PINK, how are things going?

TICKING, how have things been since donations?

Good Luck to everyone in whatever manner you choose to concieve. I of course will still be doing AI or IUI.... In doing so, even in the clinic, we insert an Instead cup. There is little to no leakage. We use to use the syringe but upon learning about the cups we haven't since. Gently pressing is difficult for us.... It does work however.

How is everyone else that I may have not mentioned?

AFM...AF surprised me on Saturday, a little early and did not come in roaring like a lion as usual, it was so very strange. But, on a different note, she has made it very easy to track, 1st of the month... I hope to be in the egg chase by mid-month and test right at the end, near our daughter's b-day! Trying now to build up all that hope I had in Sept!

I'm good thanks MrsMM :thumbup: 4dpo and still staying chilled, no symptom spotting here!

I'm sorry to hear about AF but it's good to know that you're already gearing up for the next two week wait! xx

TTC~ Hope you find some journals, that's a great idea! :thumbup:

MM~ I know it's not over til AF shows but with all my pre-AF symptoms in place, I'm preparing for next O. I'm starting to wonder about the sperm meets egg plan myself....

Hi PinkorBlue, you are still in the race!
MrsMM-I am happy to see you are staying the course mentally..

AF-Showed up sunday morning for us.. Prepairing for this month BIG-O.

That egg will meet her match soon!

Baby dust to all!!!

Hey Ladies just checking in i have been offline because i have been extremely sick since 2weeks. i am now 8 weeks and i am still extremely sick.. i have morning, Noon and evening sickness, my vision has gotten worse and looking at a computer screen makes me nauseous. i have the nose of a hound dog i can smell everything i can no longer wear perfumes or oils i cant even stand my body soap and the non scented soaps smell like vomit. my Urine smelt of beef but i later found out i had a UTi my dr said your urine doesn't stink. i said my urine smells like beef and broccoli. she said maybe your senses alerted you to what was wrong. I have not had a meal since i was 2 weeks. today was my first sandwich i held it down i have crackers water gingerale my prenatal vitimin and zofran. my wife stink ( Not really) I just cant take sweat she has to be straight out the shower and its not really getting better.i just think i am getting better at dealing with it. i can sleep for about 18hrs a day all day and like i said i am kind of huge for 8 weeks as i know i didnt have flat abs before i was pregnant but i will post a pic tomorrow to show you what i mean. like i said i had found out i had a uti about 2 weeks ago i went to the er i was having pains and they did a sonogram, So i ask the dr one baby or two he said once sac mrs tiller but when you go to to your 12 week and have your sonogram things can change. so if it is twins they would be identical since i have only one sac. one night i was in so much pain i could have sworn something was wrong i was on the toilet for 4 hrs crying and TMI ALERT I was constipated and once that cleared it was diarrhea central. i didn't realize i didn't go to the bathroom since insemination... Anyway Ladies i am glad to know you all have not given up. This is my first pregnancy being this sick & this bad i have 2 children 9 & 8 and i have never never never been thru this. but happy and thanking god every day i am pregnant i just want to eat without feeling like it should not be in there.

My sonogram is sceduled for Nov 8 @ my 12 week mark someone pray this nausea away...

Jazz- I am with you on the all day sickness. The only food I can keep down is bland chicken and mashed potatoes. I am thankful I live in Minnesota home of bland food. I am exhausted most of the day and am also just waiting for the placenta to kick in and take some of this away. We have our 12 week scan on the 24th so we are hoping to hear the heatbeat this time since we only saw one last time. Good Luck hope you start feeling a little better.

MM24- Sorry to hear you are out for the month and hope next month brings your daughter a little sibling!

And of course Baby Dust for all you lovely ladies!!!

TICKING, how have things been since donations?

well AF showed up last week, finished on sunday and due to ovulate next monday,
doing another 2 donations this month, first this friday and then another next monday so hoping Gails prediction that i concieve with a boy comes true

Hi Ladies :hi:

I think I'm 4dpo today, I say think because you can change your settings on FF to theirs, Fertility Awareness or others; FF puts me at 4dpo which from looking at my chart, I agree but FAM puts me as not having OV'ed yet because I haven't "had 3 temps higher than the previous 6". When I started charting by hand, I did use FAM but it was a bit hit and miss knowing when I'd OV'ed so I started using FF when I read about it on here. FF says FAM is for people more experienced in charting and somewhere it says it's for women who have a regularish cycle - that's not me.

Soooo, I'm sticking with FF for now, if I did OV on friday it's perfect timing. I feel like I've OV'ed; my appetite has increased, I'm getting period like pains and I had an awful nights sleep last night due to restless leg - I've suffered with it since my teens but I've noticed I'll get a bad night after ovulation for some reason, I didn't get to sleep until 3am. So hopefully, I'm well into my 2ww :thumbup:

TTC, I am glad you are relaxing through the TWW.... I didn't SS last cycle and will plan not to this one. Especially since we are going to be busy with the SMEP, that should be extremely hard with "donations" but funny thing is, we do sooo well when in adverse situations... :haha: :dust:

PINK, no :af: = good sign, hang in there! But it is good that IF not, you are planning to get ahead for next month, just like me!! FXD! :dust:

MOMMY2BE, sorry AF flew in. On a different note, that means that you are on pretty much the same part of your cycle as I am depending on the length, so hopefully we will get our bfps soon!!! GL :dust:

JAZZ and TWINS, :hugs: so sorry MS has got you down and out. I hope that it eases up soon. My SIL had it terribly bad as well, said it is worse with a boy (hmm, hint) but you are nearing the 2nd trim so hopefully it eases up on you.... JAZZ, can't wait to see scan pics next month! When are you going for scans TWINS???

TICKING, GL, glad you are gearing up and ready for the next cycle. :dust:

CHERYL, yaay for TWW!!! Come check out this testing thread!!:hugs:https://www.babyandbump.com/two-week-wait/730329-come-10-1-10-31-testers.html#post12717859 OCTOBER Thread I hope that you can give us some great pink lines in a couple weeks!! FXD! :dust:

AFM...AF is easing out rather quickly. I was heavy for couple days and light to spotting yesterday and now, spotting.... I am ready though, today I began to finalize "donations" scheduling and shipping, and got all my vitamins, etc (baby aspirin, B6, green tea, folic acid, Primrose Oil, etc... It appears that OV will come in the next couple weeks, plan, plan, plan, that's what I am up to!

Im still with you both on the sickness front, mines hasnt eased up at all, maybe 1 day a week its not as bad just!! Been sick loads yesterday and again today :( Dont worry if ur sick alot tho, I was worried Noah wasnt getring enough nutrients cus Im sick so much but at my 21 week scan he only measured 1 day behind! The doctor said the baby takes everything it needs from us, which makes us worse, so its better to eat something even if u know ull be sick, rather than have an empty stomach.

Fx for anyone in the 2ww or have donations coming up!!

That egg will meet her match soon!

Thanks and I like that attitude!! :thumbup:

Jazz, Twins and Luna~ Hope M/S eases up on you ladies really soon.

Cheryl~ Sorry restless leg kept you from sleeping well. :hugs: Woohooo for being in the tww club!!

Ticking~ Lots of luck and baby dust for your upcoming donations!

MM~ I'm trying to :haha:

I think I'm going crazy. Or i have line eye. AF isn't due til Saturday or Sunday. My temp is up a little. I don't normally temp since I'm really bad at doing it immediately every day the same time, but my normal body temp sits around 96-97. When i have a fever, I'm 99-100. Low temp and all that jazz. I took it randomly this afternoon after having cramps, nausea, being tired and sweaty...and it was 98.3. So on a whim, I took a test. With 6pm pee. And i think there's a very faint line. I don't want to sound like some of the crazies in 2WW, but I've used this brand of test and never once gotten an evap line before.
It doesn't show up in a picture so I can't post it.

But if you see my signature.....honestly, I'm more terrified than potentially excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->