Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hi everyone,

I've been a missing person... and my siggy is out of date. But anyway, I'm back to searching for a sperm donor. We are thinking of starting TTC again, but sadly our last donor moved far away. I have been emailing potential donors and am meeting one who seems promising tomorrow for coffee. Here's hoping he seems good in person too.

Hope everyone is doing well.

TwinsFanMTB, the couples I know use Mommy and Mama or variations thereof. I know another couple who will be ttc soon, and one identifies as male more than female (not transexual though, just very butch) and she wants to be known as Dad.
I think whatever works for you will work for you. :)

Kahlua - congratulations, hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months :hugs:

Day_dreamer, really sorry you're having donor issues, that really annoys me that he's changed his mind at the last minute!! Hope you can sort out the issues before you OV.

Ifoundmysoul - congratulations, h & h 9 months to you too :hugs:

Ticking, GL with donations :dust:

MrsMM, hope you have a great weekend :thumbup:

Nimyra, nice to see you :thumbup: GL with donor search.

Hello to everyone else too :thumbup:

AFM, 8dpo today, will be testing tomorrow. Have been crazily SS this month as my journal will show ;) but things seem to be good for me at the mo on the TTC front. Feel very positive about it this month, have even thought "this could actually be my month" considering my chart looked pretty good! I've found a really good donor who has been great so far, hopefully I won't need to use him again ;) but if I do, I think this one's with me for the "long haul" - IF there is one - and I think that's helped with the positivity. Having a few sleeping issues at the moment, went to bed late last night, about 1am I think and it's now just gone 7am and I've been up for half an hour. Doesn't matter though, will catch up on sleep later today if need be.

Hope everyone has a good weekend :)

I'd like to have it ticking, please :flower: I like to keep up with what goes on in there just in case things don't work out with TC. He's only in the UK for a few more months and if I don't conceive before then I'll have to find a new donor... xx

here is the link

https://forums.tadpoletown.co.uk/

my donor gave it to me a few days ago :thumbup:

thanks alot ticking! :hugs:

oh great news nimyra, good luck finding a donor, shame you cant use the same donor i love that my boys are full brothers, not that it really matters.

Hi ladies, thought I'd say hello, I've been reading this thread for days now and managed to get up to page 200 (so far lol).

I'm 37 and single and have just advertised for a donor on a couple of sites, got one reply and I'm now waiting to hear back from him.

I do have a question for you all, what ovulation sticks do you use? Are the expensive branded ones better than the cheap ones from ebay?

I look forward to chatting to you

sprinkling lots of baby :dust: to everyone

the ones of ebay didnt work for me i used superdrugs own they always seemed to be buy one box of 5 get 1 box free

Ah I like bogofs lol, thanks for the info, I'll pop into my local tomorrow and buy some.

sparkliem I had my best luck with Wondfo brand ovulation strips off eBay. They never led me wrong. Plus, the last batch I bought came with hcg strips too, and that's what I used and got my first faint line at only 9 days past ovulation! For such inexpensive tests, they sure are sensitive.

Welcome back Nimyra! So exciting that you're going to TTC again! :happydance:

Welcome, sparklie :flower: Wow, you're brave for reading the entire thread! I attempted it when I first joined but gave up in the end :blush:

AFM - 9dpo and still not symptom spotting... I'm actually quite proud of myself for staying stress free this cycle. I don't plan to test until the first day AF is due.

:dust: to everyone else who I've missed! xx

Welcome sparklie, good luck with finding a donor. :thumbup:

Ticking, your cycle is really fast! As Emma said, it only feels like yesterday when you had your 1st donation. Well, fxed Gail is right for u. :thumbup:

i think it's because my period arrived a week early :cry: i was gutted but got over it and moved onwards and upwards.
gail predicted a BFP this month but i have a strange feeling it's gonna be december x

I used ebay cheapies to track ovulation and as they got darker i used the clear blue digital (the ones that show the smiley face).

Good luck!

getting some "aches" in my groin tonight, done 2 OPK's today one AM and one just now both neg, not due to ovu til monday but done one donation already (yesterday) so spermies there hopefully waiting if it does happen tomorrow unless i can get donor to be available tomorrow night

I always used ebay cheapy opks and usually got a bfp at 7/8dpo with the preg tests that came with them! I always got good positives with them too.

Nimyra yaye for ttc again! Its weird how much I miss taking my temp and poas, I never thought Id be lying in bed feeling my baby kicking away tho!

I feel like a crazy person again. A week ago I was just saying mayyybbbeee its time to give it another shot. And today after meeting an awesome donor I'm like, must have another baby now! Only I'm also really paranoid. I really like the new donor and I'm paranoid that I came on too strong and that he'll change his mind and not help us and we'll be back to the drawing board. A lot of potential donors just stop emailing... usually after I ask how their wives feel about them donating.

Please tell me to chill out and that it will work out if its meant to be.

hey ladies i will catch up and do personals later..sorry but i needed to share/vent lol and ask advice...
should have gotten my lh surge today, but didnt..it's close but not there yet and shipped donation arived around 1pm so we inseminated( my first time to put semen in cup and do it that way..worked great, no spillage!!) and i've contacted donor he said he will ship again monday if i need him to...if i get my lh surge tomorrow would tuesday be too late to insem? i kinda hope i dont surge till monday so a tues donation would be good timing...ugh every month this stuff gets all awkward..why cant it just go smooth? to top it off he only put one ice pack and tho it was cool when it arrived the vial of semen was barely cool..he said it should still have lots of swimmers because the TYB they were swimming in prolongs their life etc but i cant help but worry!!! :wacko: Soooooo i'll keep yall updated! :)

I think you are brave doing the shipping thing. I want to say not to worry, but I'd probably be worried too. Do you have to pay another $200 for another shipping kit because your timing was off?

maybe your test strips just weren't working and you did surge.

Goodluck, faithbabies. Hang in there.

nimyra...thank you! yeah i feel brave trying shipping lol well my hubs not comfortable using local donor..the only one we considered is a couple of hours away and i have three kiddos now and we dont have anyone to leave them with as we live away from family...our shipping donor has alot of success with it so that's why we feel comfortable doing it...and no he said i dont have to pay him for the new kit, just shipping to get to me...i used a cheaper type test from Dollar General which are always pretty accurate for me and also a more expensive brand i think it's clear blue easy...the faint lines actually look darker on the cheaper brand but still negative...i usually get my lh surge 11 days after my period ends but last month and this month i'm on clomid and it's making me ovulate later:( thanks again, fingers crossed anyway :) and good luck to you as well, it's exciting getting a donor and getting the process started again :)

Hi, I hope this is the right place to post my questions.
I'm new here, and I feel a little bit confused so I hope someone will help
me. A close relative asked me to donate my semen to her partner so
they can have a baby that will have both their genes. I'm completely new to this kind of situation. Is there someone who have used semen from a relative or that have donated to a relative? I guess I would really like to help them but I want to know ...your opinion . please be honest. Thank you very much
Franco

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->