Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Yea the day before ov is fine, this time I did it 5, 3 and the day before, but with one pregnancy it was 3 days before and it still worked!!! good luck girls!!

FAITH, sounds like this is a good cycle, having the swimmers waiting before egg drop yeilds better results. You are in the egg chase Hun.... FXD! :dust:
TICKING, GL FXD! It sounds like you timed things juuust right! :dust:
MAMA, so sorry to hear that you broke your wrist, I hope the healing process speeds up. :hugs:

NIMYRA, GL with the donor. Where did you find this one, if I can ask?

AFM...Nothing new to report but you can...stalk my chart!! Not feeling so well today though, I think that I have a little bug. Of course I dare not take anything harmful so I am waiting it out... Infact, the Robitussin probably did me some good as I started taking that for OV and of course the baby aspirin. I am continuing on my vitamins so, this shouldn't last too long.

Good luck Ticking!!! :)

MM~ I hope you feel better. :hugs:

Mama~ Ouch. I hope your wrist heals very soon..

hey ladies ~ Can i bump in??

I am ttc with DH - however we have to do insems (dh can't ejaculate during intercourse ) so he gives me a sample and i insem. We are trying to follow some sort of SMEP plan also using opks to track o....so far no luck, but i can really use the support of this thread moving forward as i tend to have many questions...

right now i'm at the end of my TWW and i'm pretty sure AF is on it's way but we shall see...

Good Luck ladies and thanks for letting me Bump in..

K

well my temp dropped quite a bit this morning so im not sure that this month has been sucessfull x

MM24, Wow, your temp skyrocketed today. It sure must be some kind of fever or flu. Have u started the SMEP already?

Ticking, I think your temp drop is just the normal 2nd estrogen surge. Heaps of pregnant charts on FF get that so don't worry.

Faith, you probably know this already but just for some PMA, all u need is JUST ONE strong swimmer and there are millions on that sample. Even if some of them died during the shipment, you still have several millions left. As long as the semen is nourishing the :spermy: some of them are bound to survive.

Pink, good luck with the SMEP. Your donor is a real gem. This could finally be your month.

Mama_of_one, hope your wrist heals quickly and u can join the TTC-'fun' soon. :baby:
___
AFM, I'm 6DPO and I would say that I have never felt so positive about my chances. I feel like I'm going to get that :bfp: soon. Well, psychic Gail predicted that I'll conceive by December 2011, but she also said that October is the turning point of my life..

well i went to my DR's this morning for advice, showed her my charts and she wants a blood test done to check my LH levels, and another test (progesterone??) done if my period does turn up.
she then said they would give me meds to ensure ovulation every month (boost fertility) but not until 1 yr after last depo which is april, not that far away really

we spoke about OPK's and she said they are evil little things as your LH surge can be missed so easily, and that me charting my temp has helped and that im checking my CM shows my body is doing something

statistics show fertility returns and most people fall pregnant between 6 and 8 months of last injection and i'm at 7 months since last injection so she feels i need to relax, have the tests and take it from there.

i told her i was using a donor and she was shocked, i'm the first she has met that is TTC with a donor but can see that our timings are right so cant see why it wont happen

fingers crossed :happydance:

Ladies...I'm confused and I'm hoping you'll be able to help me...

This month will be our first month TTC. I always presumed we'd get donations on O-2 and O...however now its coming to working out the logistics I don't know how I can because I'm not regular...can't only message the donor when the CBFM says peak...and that's going to be O...so we'll end up with donations on O and O+1 :( maybe even O+1 and O+2 seeing as our donor wants 24hrs notice!

Those of you who have had BFPs...have you received donations on the above days with any success? I'm worried.

Any advice??

Personally, O+1 or 2 is abit late, since the egg will be already gone :( Are you only using the CBFM? Cheapies tend to get gradually darker over a few days so u have abit of notice, but the cbfm can go from low to high in a matter of hours. Maybe that way u cud kind of 'predict' in advance when u'll O? Rather than only having the 24 hours notice?

DAY, I think that LUNA is right, 0+2 is too late, the eggy only lives 48 hrs total. I think that you should probably be contacting donor when the monitor says high, statistically, it is better to have the swimmers in before the egg drops.... GL

TICKING, GL with the bloods I hope there is a surprise!! GL

LIAN :hugs: Thanks, yeah, I indicated on my chart illness and fever, so hopefully it figures it out to help with OV. I am still SMEP'n starting in 2 days regardless. We can't let the donations go to waste and I am sure to OV in there somewhere!!

AFM...Nothing new to report but you can...stalk my chart!! Feeling a little bit better today. Had a fever and took tylenol to lower it. I am sure my temps will be garbage but I have other OV monitors, not as accurate as temps but SMEP is the way this month sooo...

Personally, O+1 or 2 is abit late, since the egg will be already gone :( Are you only using the CBFM? Cheapies tend to get gradually darker over a few days so u have abit of notice, but the cbfm can go from low to high in a matter of hours. Maybe that way u cud kind of 'predict' in advance when u'll O? Rather than only having the 24 hours notice?

That's what I thought :(
Yeah only using the CBFM and this month (first time using it) I got 10 highs before my peak so if that continues next time its not really practical to be messaging the donor when it gets to high. But equally, I have no way of knowing whether I'll get the same number of highs, I could get 3, 5, 10 or more so have no idea when to expect a peak other than when it arrives. I've never had any luck with cheapies before...can't remember whether I had the 10miu or 30miu...but I never got a positive...just loads of differing darknesses.

Humff :(

This month I got a peak on CD26 but its been a 40 day cycle which is quite long for me...if I aim for that and then O early im gonna miss it anyway as donor needs 24hrs notice. waaaaaah

Thanks Lian, he really is :) and I hope so!!! Your chart is looking good, FX you announce a :bfp: very soon!

HI ladies .. im hoping someone can help me out with a answer lol ....im goin to be doing a home insemination on the 17th of this month ....my sperm donor stated that his sperm is Really really thick would that be a problem when i go to inseminate myself? and being that he stated that its so thick would i have problems drawin it up in the syringe? or let it sit for a few mins to see if it liquidfy sum? (someone told me that might work) i hope someone can help me out

hello ladies!

im new to bnb but have been stalking for a few days. so i figured it was time for me to post.

me and my wife are planning to IVI or ICI. can any of you tell me which has a better rate of sucess? we tried IVI last year but our donor had LSP. all 3 times produced BFN.

i've been charting for the past year and getting my body ready. we are finally ready to try again. what i need advice on is which at home process is better? what is the best consistency is best for his swimmers? and what at home kit did any o you use. also is it better to do BD before insert?

i would appreciate all the help i can get.

goodluck to you all:flower:

Ladies,

Can someone help me out here! Just started my period today (hopefully my last visit from the :witch: until July-ish!!!), trying to work out a good date for the insem this month. Didn't get to do the first one last month as donor was abroad, hopefully he will be around this time.

I seem to have a short LP. Cycle this month was 27 days, I think I ov'ed on about day 16. I have attached a picture, would someone check it out and give me your opinion. These were the OPKs for a few days, I missed day 13, but would I be correct in saying my surge must have been sometime on day 16 - that is the darkest line I got, then 24 hours later there was no line?

https://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/heidi85louise/SDC10652.jpg

If that's correct, I will set a date with the donor for 27th Oct (day 16), subject to OPKs. I will be moving on the 28th so it's a really bad time, but I just want to get this ball rolling now!

My thinking was that even if I get the surge on day 17 or even 18, at least the stuff will be there waiting, and if it's a little too late then so be it.

Thoughts???

HI ladies .. im hoping someone can help me out with a answer lol ....im goin to be doing a home insemination on the 17th of this month ....my sperm donor stated that his sperm is Really really thick would that be a problem when i go to inseminate myself? and being that he stated that its so thick would i have problems drawin it up in the syringe? or let it sit for a few mins to see if it liquidfy sum? (someone told me that might work) i hope someone can help me out

no matter how thick it is its still a liquid i will go in the syringe or you can just put it in a softcup and insert the softcup but you dont want to just leave it there sperm is not meant to be outside the body long.

Ladies,

Can someone help me out here! Just started my period today (hopefully my last visit from the :witch: until July-ish!!!), trying to work out a good date for the insem this month. Didn't get to do the first one last month as donor was abroad, hopefully he will be around this time.

I seem to have a short LP. Cycle this month was 27 days, I think I ov'ed on about day 16. I have attached a picture, would someone check it out and give me your opinion. These were the OPKs for a few days, I missed day 13, but would I be correct in saying my surge must have been sometime on day 16 - that is the darkest line I got, then 24 hours later there was no line?

https://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/heidi85louise/SDC10652.jpg

If that's correct, I will set a date with the donor for 27th Oct (day 16), subject to OPKs. I will be moving on the 28th so it's a really bad time, but I just want to get this ball rolling now!

My thinking was that even if I get the surge on day 17 or even 18, at least the stuff will be there waiting, and if it's a little too late then so be it.

Thoughts???
Well looks like your first detection of a surge was on the 15th and and 16 those were your 2 prime days you also want to remember even with a short cycle your surge days can change i have a 24 day cycle a 12 lp but i O once on the 12 and when i got pregnant i had O on cd 9 so i took donations the 8 ,9 and 10. so just make sure you keep testing you can tell him you may need him around the cd 14 to 16 to give yourself a window if your surge day changes this way he will be prepared to available those three days.

hello ladies!

im new to bnb but have been stalking for a few days. so i figured it was time for me to post.

me and my wife are planning to IVI or ICI. can any of you tell me which has a better rate of sucess? we tried IVI last year but our donor had LSP. all 3 times produced BFN.

i've been charting for the past year and getting my body ready. we are finally ready to try again. what i need advice on is which at home process is better? what is the best consistency is best for his swimmers? and what at home kit did any o you use. also is it better to do BD before insert?

i would appreciate all the help i can get.

goodluck to you all:flower:

When a donor has Lsp that makes it harder for your because there sperm count is low, but if you want to continue with the donor you may need to inseminate more then once. maybe day before o day of O hoping that at least one of the strong ones make it. I did a @ home insemination but i didnt use a kit. i just used a softcup. a bit of preseed near my cervix for extra cm applied with my hands and then i just inserted the softcup but there are other methods the woman on here use but the softcup was better for me because i needed to be able to get up and move around and know that the sperm would still be position around my cervix and not running back down,but thats what was best for me I also took 3 donation and keep the cup in me a total of 12 hours each and yes i gave my self stimulation so that my cervix would drop into the cup and aid some of the sperm.

well ladies my temp has gone back up today!
im 5dpo had tiny bit spotting yesterday and day before

i refuse to symptom spot lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back