Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Day_Dreamer: It sounds like you need to be combining ovulation prediction methods. Tracking my CM has helped me a lot to get a bit of notice on ovulation. I'm also using the ovwatch, which is pricey, but it gives you 5 days notice! Maybe you could look into that.

LezbianMother -- the consistency shouldn't be an issue, just let it sit for 10 minutes and you should be able to draw it up in a syringe just fine.

READY -- I'm a bit confused, but I think what you are saying is that in the past you've done IUIs but your donor had low sperm count issues. Now you are using a different donor and want to know what method is best? The answer depends on whether you are using a live donor or frozen sperm. If you are doing frozen sperm, IUI is best, and it should be combined with ultrasounds to confirm the exact timing of ovulation and/or a trigger shot. That's because frozen sperm doesn't work so well so the IUI is necessary. If you are using fresh sperm then IUI is not worth it. IUI involves washing the sperm which makes the sperm die faster... so again your timing needs to be dead on. With fresh sperm its much better to just get a sample 2 or 3 times in the days leading up to ovulation (and maybe day of) and inseminate yourself using a syringe or softcup. You are NOT injecting the sperm into your cervix... you are just depositing it on your cervix. The sperm will find their own way in.

Hope that helps.

Nimyra - yeah the CBFM is supposed to give 5 days but gave me 10 last time (first usage) and I do track cm too, but again, just not that reliable as can be ewcm for 3-7 days. My temps are all over the place so I gave up!

I've started my cycle, hooray! I'm really excited to be TTC this month.

I started wearing my ovwatch last night, bought some instead cups, and am praying that my donor doesn't back out.

I'm supposed to meet up with the donor next week to go over the contract and std testing. I found this one on FreeSpermDonorRegistry. The site was recently featured in a Newsweek article so there are a lot of new first-time donors on there right now. I'm happy to have a first time donor, but it also raises the risk of him backing out. But probably I'm worrying about nothing.

Nimyra - yeah the CBFM is supposed to give 5 days but gave me 10 last time (first usage) and I do track cm too, but again, just not that reliable as can be ewcm for 3-7 days. My temps are all over the place so I gave up!

Maybe you need a donor who is willing to give you a week's worth of donations. Is your donor only willing to give you one or two a cycle?

Firstly, welcome to all the new ladies on here, nice to see you all :hi:

Nimyra - my donor was a first timer and I quite liked that; he didn't know much about much to be honest but I've answered any questions he's had etc and we seem to have formed a nice relationship out of that. I've talked to some donors who seemed to think they knew my body better than I did so to talk to someone who was almost like a sponge, retaining all the info, was quite nice. GL with this cycle, think it's really exciting you're trying again :happydance:

MrsMM - glad you're feeling better, GL with the SMEP this month :dust: :hugs:

Ticking - hope you have a good 2ww and GL with the no SS ;)

For anyone I've missed out :hi: GL with insems, 2ww's etc ;)

AFM, I'm CD27, 13DPO - I took 3 early tests :dohh: which were all negative. FF is telling me to test saturday. I'm not having any AF symptoms but I am having other strange "symptoms". From my previous charts, I'd expect AF to come tonight/tomorrow but also wouldn't be surprised if she turned up at the weekend. TRYING not to get my hopes too high but this cycle has felt different so lets hope that witch stays away!!!!

Maybe you need a donor who is willing to give you a week's worth of donations. Is your donor only willing to give you one or two a cycle?

I was the one who suggested 2, as he's travelling so far!! I might see how he feels about 3, then that covers 5 days which is better.

I'm CD1 today too but not expecting to inseminate til at least CD20 onwards! Good luck!

I was the one who suggested 2, as he's travelling so far!! I might see how he feels about 3, then that covers 5 days which is better.

I'm CD1 today too but not expecting to inseminate til at least CD20 onwards! Good luck!

My other thought is to use egg whites this cycle (just 1-2 ml along with the donation), since they can help those swimmers live longer if they get there too early. :)

JAZZ!!! How are you two???

:wave: welcome newbies! Glad you posted! GL FXD!

BABYMAKES, it does look like you OVd on 15/16, what is your temp saying?

TICKING... awesome, hope rising temp is a good sign FXD!

NIMYRA! Yay! for a cycle start... looking forward to hearing your good news soon! FXD! and GL with the donor! :dust:

CHERYL, I am following you on the testing thread and here, GL Hun! This all sounds sooo promising! :dust:

AFM...Nothing new to report but you can...stalk my chart!! Heading to a doc appt, so I can get this bug gone and be ready for OV this weekend! Had a fever again this morning, not as high and took tylenol to lower it. I am nervous, we SMEP tomorrow!! GL FXD! :dust:

good luck guys, i hope we get some :bfp: this month :thumbup:

i'm actually doing well with the no SS so far, only symptom i have thats annoying me is my pants are a bit snug as im a bit bloated and "feels" hard (but this could be cos of AF too) but it's annoying cos my pants are digging in :haha:

MM~ Good luck starting SMEP tomorrow, my fingers are tightly crossed for you. :flower:

Nimyra~ Good luck with your donor. I'm considering egg whites myself if I don't see enough ewcm this time. :dust:

:wave: Cheryl sending stay away :witch: vibes for you.

Ticking~ Sounds promising! :)

I decided to make an acupuncture appointment for tomorrow. I realized that what is going to help me stop being a crazy lady this month is to know that I've done everything I can to help be successful. Beyond that, it is in God's hands. So, doing acupuncture will help me feel like I'm doing my piece to help my body be ready to welcome a healthy baby.

I'm feeling hopeful that it will work out with the new donor. Just need to hang in there and try not to obsess.

Thanks everyone for your support. I'm also hoping to see lots of BFPs this month!

15dpo and getting brown spotting as well as low temps and the start of cramping... Joy of joys! :wacko:

I've got my fingers crossed for you ticking and good luck with your donations MrsMM! They start today don't they? xx

i think i'm gonna be out this month as my temp has dropped again today despite a rise yesterday

had bloods done today x

i'm out this month too i believe...been brown spotting for the last few days, just waiting for AF to finally arrive so i can move on to the next cycle...grr.

Good luck to all the ladies still waiting.

k

Hi ladies, me again, I'm hoping one day I'll post something positive lol.

Can you lovely ladies recommend a sperm donation site? I've tried a couple of free ones but the response wasn't very good. I've had 2 donors respond, one didn't want to be sti tested and didn't want his wife to know he was donating (I told him to jog on, as it wasn't right on both accounts) and the the other donor can only do 1 donation a cycle (but he does sound lovely).

I've looked at co parent match (but there's no one in my area) :(

Thank you

Lots of baby dust to you all :dust::dust:

Good luck to everyone

Tadpole, free sperm donors registry, free sperm donors worldwide, baby donor, pollen tree, pride angel.

Good luck!

Sorry the :witch: showed up, TTC :hugs:

Lots of :dust: your way, Mamma...

Good luck Sparklie, hope you find a great donor!

Thanks ladies, I've tried co parents net and baby donor, I'll have a look at the others that you've recommended later tonight x

I can definitely recommend the Tadpole forum (if you're from the UK). I met my donor on there and he's lovely :thumbup: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->