Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

well iknow im out this month (temps dropping so waiting for AF to arrive now)
bought some clear blue smily face OPK's today will get another box when i get paid during the week,
thought if i used the OPK's temps and saliva test it would help point out for certain when i'm ovulating.

when should i start the OPK's??
my chart is still saying i ovulated on cd11 despite my cm not being fertile, so want to make sure i dont miss my LH surge this cycle

I'm 7dpo....trying to hold out for testing on Thanksgiving also. Wouldn't that be a nice Thanksgiving surprise...a nice BFP!!

I'm 7dpo....trying to hold out for testing on Thanksgiving also. Wouldn't that be a nice Thanksgiving surprise...a nice BFP!!

How exciting! Let's all test on Thanksgiving!! FX'ed that there wont just be "turkeys in the oven"! :haha:

:test:

Just seen a trailer for an interesting programme thus week:

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/sperm-donor-unknown

bought some clear blue smily face OPK's today will get another box when i get paid during the week,
thought if i used the OPK's temps and saliva test it would help point out for certain when i'm ovulating.

when should i start the OPK's??
my chart is still saying i ovulated on cd11 despite my cm not being fertile, so want to make sure i dont miss my LH surge this cycle

:thumbup: :thumbup: As far as starting, the instructions from clearblue said start testing on day 6 but you don't necessarily have to. You could use the shortest cycle you've had and go from there. Like 25 day cycle, start on day 8, 26 day cycle, start on day 9, ect. :hugs: for feeling like AF is on her way..

Ruby~ Looks like I'll be 10 dpo by then... I like that idea, I'm in! :)

Firsttimer~ I know the feeling, that's all I've been doing for the past 6 days. :haha:

ashliee - i only managed to get 4 pages in on the thread. although i can c what they were askin they were flat out rude in their approach. in many ways your choices is much better than the hundreds if nt thousands of girls who fall pregnant at 19/20 through 1 night stands and can never tell there children who their father is. at least this way u have made the choice 2 have a child rather then have it forced upon u.

every1 is different + as long as u r safe + secure in the knowledge that ur decision is the right one for u + for ur future child its no1 elses business. same as i no wen me + my DW have our children it wil ruffle some feathers among our families as some may not be entirely comfortable with the idea of the 2 of us raising a child but i dont care as i no that any child i have wil be loved + cared more than anything

sorry for that rant

xx

Morning ladies, I've been so busy lately that I haven't been on here for ages, hope you all get a bfp for Thanks Giving.

I don't think this month is my month, my softcup actually came out halfway after insem and was so flipping uncomfortable that I had to remove it.

Oh well there's always next month and never say never until period pains start lol.

Hugs to all

xx

ASHLIEE, sooo very sorry that you encountered that on YOUR thread. You started it, so they shouldn't have read it and been so rude if they were so "against" it. I am VERY confrontational when it comes to children, so I didn't get to read all teh pages because I am sure that I would have written something that all the ladies on BNB that know me would find out of character :haha:

That being said, they have no idea what you feel, what you want and how your heart aches to be a mother. There are PLENTY of people that are single parents and although there are struggles, they do just fine and their children group up to be even better adults. Until same-sex marriage and rights were altered recently, our daughter was basically considered living in a a single-parent household, so I am very confrontational about single-parenting. She herself never felt that it was single-parenting because DW has been there through it all and remains, but the thought process of OTHERS that want to weigh in on things that do not concern them bothers me. They clearly have other things they should be concentrating on. Like proper research because the single-parent kids do drugs comment was a real problem for me! Anyway, you stay here, we will take care of you and y our feelings as any person should. I am also glad they haven't come up in this thread!!!

*Excuse my rant, I never do that outside of my journal :haha:*

AFM...Stalk my chart.... CD16, OV is definitely approaching... Donationations Tomorrow morning, early!!! CD17, CD18, CD20, and CD23 here we come!!! My cervix has also begun to soften and move. CM is looking good. I was hoping not to OV until CD18/19 and so far so good so I won't complain if OV starts any time this week!! FXD! I have been on my green tea, grapefruit juice, vitamins, eating, and sleep. Until then...watching my chart closely.... :paper: continuing temping, charting, WAITING.... GL FXD!:dust:

MM~ Unless they want a verbal butt kicking, I don't think they would dare try that on this thread. :haha:
Yay for O approaching! :dance: FX for your egg chase and lots of :dust:

Sparklie~ Ouch! I hope some strong swimmers made their way in anyway. :flower:

hey everyone!

I have been a bit quite BUT i have been trying to keep up with the thread! This time of years is very busy for me...school, work, starting a new job next week...crazy BUT ladies I am on my 2 week way! we inseminated on Friday & Sunday! Everything went smoothly and we BD a lot hehehe! This 2ww for us is a bit better than our last...definitely have less nerves and just remaining positive through it all!

I got a positive OBK on Saturday and a huge dip in temp this morning...I was very restless this morning woke up at 2 and had a hard time getting back to bed! Praying and keeping everyone in my prayers and sending tons of baby dust to everyone!!

You guys have made this process so wonderful for me and my lovely partner! I have learned a lot and I am so grateful for this thread!

Big xoxxo to everyone!!

-Lee

hey everyone!

I have been a bit quite BUT i have been trying to keep up with the thread! This time of years is very busy for me...school, work, starting a new job next week...crazy BUT ladies I am on my 2 week way! we inseminated on Friday & Sunday! Everything went smoothly and we BD a lot hehehe! This 2ww for us is a bit better than our last...definitely have less nerves and just remaining positive through it all!

I got a positive OBK on Saturday and a huge dip in temp this morning...I was very restless this morning woke up at 2 and had a hard time getting back to bed! Praying and keeping everyone in my prayers and sending tons of baby dust to everyone!!

You guys have made this process so wonderful for me and my lovely partner! I have learned a lot and I am so grateful for this thread!

Big xoxxo to everyone!!

-Lee

I agree...I'm glad for this thread too. Its nice to not be judged.

Good luck and :dust: for you too!

Oh I've just cottoned on to the thread you're talking about, I read a few pages and didn't get any further as I can't stand rude, nasty, condescending, judgemental women who think that the only people who are entitled to have a baby is them because they're in a relationship with a man oh and a woman should be married before having a baby. And here's me thinking we left the Victorian era last century!

I was going to post but hey they're not worth it, we all know we're going to make great mums whatever our married status, age or sexual orientation.

Ashliee you're a good mum to your nephew and you'll be a good mum to your own baby, don't let them get to you my lovely.

Here's to our BFP ladies

:dust::dust:

I really do love this thread!! All you girls are so great !!! :). Xoxo. I hope u will be there for me when i start TTC ing ;)

Plus i hope to hv ppl IRL that dont judge me for deciding to do this !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->