Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

So sorry ticking. :hugs:

Sparklie, I have the exact same thoughts on those women on Ashliee's thread.. Btw, don't worry about the softcup spill. The best swimmers have gone in so it's not really impossible -- all u need is just 1 :spermy:

MM24, I think O is near so get those donations lined up :haha: I never thought u have such a long luteal phase, your last cycle was 18 days. Is it possible u have Od later than CD18? If so, then it could be worthwhile to do more inseminations for a couple of days after +OPK just to be sure about it.

Dodgegirl, we'll all be here for u when u start trying. Somehow I feel that all girls here are my TTC buddies :happydance:

Ruby, I already got AF a couple of days ago. Is your OH already late? Could be a good sign, really hope this is IT for you!! :thumbup:

Pink, :dust: I hope u get that BFP!!
_____

AFM CD3 here and AF is still wrecking havoc on my life and my emotions. I'm glad all of the girls here are very supportive of each other. It really means a lot especially for single women like me.

Its ok hun, but got good feeling about this cycle,
Have said all along that it'll be december so heres hoping!
Going to start my opk's from end of period the egg isnt getting away this time!
Come on Santa bring me a BFP for christmas x

Hope your right hun. I always said I'd get preg in April when i was ttc callum. I was right.

Well going to be testing 5 times a day lol
3 times a day with cheap internet opk and twice daily with clearblue,
And just ordered an ovulation microscope

X

good luck for December ticking, if Father Christmas doesn't bring you a baby bean then I'm going to smack his backside :D

Dodge girl, I've told 6 of my closest friends and my parents and they are so supportive, if they love you then they'll be there for you and it makes this journey a lot easier.

I'm finding myself so much more chilled this cycle, I haven't even wanted to test early, last month I was testing every day lol.

2mommies, good luck with your 2ww, I've got everything crossed for us all

mm24 good luck, hope you o soon and have plenty of strong swimmers in your donation

xx

already spoken to my donor and we are starting donations on cd10, donations on day 10, 12, and 14.... (and days 16 &18 if needed)

my donor is a star, feel so lucky that he is so open and flexible as my ovulation pattern is between days 11 and 19
that lil egg isnt getting away this month!!

Eeeek, we're having our first meeting tonight. A no obligation drink and a chat! Do you ladies have any advice for me? I've already asked a lot of questions as we have both been in touch via text and chats on the phone.
I'm a bit scared, next cycle all depends on this meeting :shock:

my advice hun is to trust your gut instinct, its usually right :happydance:

you'll have to let us know asap how it went, good luck xxx

Sorry Ashilee u have had to deal with all that crap! I just put my 2 cents in!!

AFM: I'm hopefully getting the cast off this Thursday for my broken wrist can't believe it's been most 5 weeks already! Cant wait to be able to be free and start exercising and getting on track to start TTC!

I agree with Ticking, if something doesn't feel right then trust your gut, it's nearly always right, I first met my donor on insem day and I knew almost straight away that he was the donor for me.

Also make sure that your donor is willing to undertake or has undertaken sti tests, my first one was all talk but when it came down to it he wasn't going to get tested and I really think he thought he was going to get his leg over, silly man lol.

Good luck, fingers crossed that he's the one and I can't wait to hear about your meeting.

xx

Just realized u two hv the same avatar!! Lol. Kinda confusing u really hv to look at the name ;)

Yah trust your gut i agree !! U must feel comfortable with him too !!

PINK, EXACTLY! I had to write a little something though :haha: Yeah, I hope I OV soon! FXD!

2MOMMIES, definitely looks good for OV today for you. couple more temps and crosshairs should appear on your FF chart. The BD pattern was timed nicely. :dust:

TICKING :hugs: sorry that AF flew in, but glad to see you getting ready for next cycle:dust:

LIAN, yes, I have OVd later, I don't think FF shows many chart passed, but the last cycle was LP18(OV18), before that LP15(OV17), and the one before (1st after MC) was LP20(OV21). As you can see they varied. So I set up donations between CD16-23 to cover the bases as I have mine shipped and use a clinic for 2. I hope I OV today! FXD!

BEAUTIFULD, GL with your donor meeting, I am sure all will go well. :dust:

MAMA_OF, GL with getting that cast removed...

AFM...Stalk my chart.... CD17, Another donation in about 2 hours! 2 down 3 to go!!! CD17, CD18, CD20, and CD23 here we come!!! CM is looking good still and softcups are working lovely! Hoping I OV tonight or tomorrow! FXD! Until then...watching my chart closely.... :paper: continuing temping, charting, WAITING.... GL FXD!:dust:

OH got her period. We are out. Again. No Thanksgiving BFP for us! Is there a smiley face that stomps their foot & pouts? B/C that's how i'm feeling right now. grrrrr

I just posted a doll house for sale on an online yard sale, and when my 4 year old saw the pic online he said, "You can't sell that! That's for my sister when God decides to send her down!"

My poor baby wants a sibling so bad, it breaks my heart! :cry:

I also was reading those post and I was in such an awww as to how close minded people really can be....she seems to be a great girl and knows what she wants and I support her in her decision, as I was just inseminated friday using donor sperm...I myself see nothing wrong with what shes doing, better than just going out and sleeping with this one and that one and not knowing who the father is...and as far as the staticistic of children growing up in a single parent home dropping out of school and so on, is exactly what it says STATICISTIC, it has nothing to do with age and I have seen alot of people that had both parents in the home throw their lives away...she is 20yrs old not 13 like some of the girls I see now days having babies.. So with that being said I wish you the best of luck in your journey..

Thank you so much! It is human nature for people to have opinions about things like this, as not a lot of women my age are prepared for motherhood, and are more involved with the party stage, so I do understand most of their concerns regarding it!! But at the same time, opinions are just that, opinions! Some of those women were down right cruel! But in all honesty having people act that way, and try to come up with every reason why i could possibly be wrong just shows me how RIGHT this is for me, and how badly I do want this!
Being a mother is something that is too easily made into a sick game between many women, there are many mothers who never think of it as a game, and they are usually amazing parents! The ones who turn it into a big game or contest can be fantastic moms, but they spend so much time trying to one up the other moms that they miss out on valuable time! Its sad! I truly wish those women would take all of that energy, and and bad thoughts and turn it around and do something that could potentially be great for everyone around them! All of that negative feedback I received, could have been replies to moms who have a sick child and need advice on how to make them feel better, or potty training advice, even being a shoulder to lean on for a friend in need, Instead they choose to waste their time acting like a broken record!!
I am just really really happy that this happened to me, and not someone else who could have easily gotten their feelings hurt! I also hope that other young women choosing the same path that I am, find as amazing of a support group as I have! Thank you so much for your positive comments! And I hope that you get your BFP very soon :)

Ashliee~ :hugs: I'm sorry about all those negative posts and so glad you made your way here! :thumbup:

I read through all those posts too... Man, what a headache! :wacko:

TTC~ I figured you were somewhere in your mid 20s or so, I think that's great! You are going to make an awesome mom! :thumbup:

AFM~ I always wanted to be a young mom and had it planned out, my aim was to be in my mid 20s. DH came along and we were NTNP, and I got pregnant 10 months into our relationship and had DS at 18. Age and relationship status aren't indicators of parenting ability. I know everyone has their opinions but sheesh, that thread was doing the most. :nope:

Thank you dear, I am so happy to have been linked to this amazing thread! It is so nice to be able to talk to women in similar positions :):hugs:

ashliee - i only managed to get 4 pages in on the thread. although i can c what they were askin they were flat out rude in their approach. in many ways your choices is much better than the hundreds if nt thousands of girls who fall pregnant at 19/20 through 1 night stands and can never tell there children who their father is. at least this way u have made the choice 2 have a child rather then have it forced upon u.

every1 is different + as long as u r safe + secure in the knowledge that ur decision is the right one for u + for ur future child its no1 elses business. same as i no wen me + my DW have our children it wil ruffle some feathers among our families as some may not be entirely comfortable with the idea of the 2 of us raising a child but i dont care as i no that any child i have wil be loved + cared more than anything

sorry for that rant

xx

Thank you dear!!!!!!:hugs:

Arg, i had replied to everyone personally and only three went through!!!
So I just want to say, I read everything you all said, and I want to say thank you all from the bottom of my heart! Its so amazing to have found such a wonderful group of women! All of your well wishes mean so much to me! I hope you all get your BFP's VERRRRY soon!!! Each and every one of you ladies deserve it :)

Ashliee you're welcome lol, thinking about what those women said has made me really angry, when I was 20 I had my own house, working hard full time as a chef, was financially secure, how many of those women can actually say that they're that stable now?

Ohhh onwards and upwards :D

Rubyrainbows I'm so sorry your oh's af arrived and oh bless your son, he sounds such a sweet sensitive little boy that I want to wrap my arms around him and give him a hug (I know you will have done, just want to give him an extra one)

I think we should seriously recommend this forum gets a smiley that has a bit of a rage on!

Fingers crossed that you get a Christmas baby xx

Well We had our meeting and I'm really not sure :dohh: thats not helped by the fact he turned up 2 hours late :grr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->