Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

hp good luck hun i hope it goes well xxx we are cd 17 and looks like ov day was today as temp dropped abit lower. so hoping goes high tomorrow but doing it again tomorrow as did it today so its been a busy time as done it cd 8 cd 10 cd 11 cd 14 cd 15 cd 16 cd 17 and going cd 18 and cd 19 i was 2 days late for af last mnth but think had chem pg so cud b reason behide late ov.

That's a lot of inseminating! Lol We have agreed to 2-3 donations a month with our donor. We are trying not to inconvenience him too much since he has a wife and 2 kids. I'm hoping I can be good about the timing...

I'm a little irregular, but in the past I have ovulated between CD16 and CD20 (except last month when it got a little crazy and didn't happen until CD41). I would like to get opinions on this...should we try to do one before I get the positive OPK and then do one the day of (in the past I get a + the day I actually ovulate, although this month I'm going to do 3 OPKs a day instead of 2 and hope to catch it earlier)? I was thinking if I haven't gotten a + by the 16th, maybe we should do one then and then do the second one the day of the +. Or, should we wait for the + and then do one the day after as well? What do you ladies think?

I didn't know I would be terrified and excited all at the same time. I can see from the all the posts on this thread that this is an emotional roller coaster ride. My partner and started our journey in August. Like I did with my last pregnancy, I began tracking my cycles using the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor. Unlike OPK's the monitor tracks your whole cycle and gives you low, medium,high, and ovulation days. As you begin to use the monitor, it learns your cycle and begins to track even better. However, this time around, and nine years later, I never received any high or medium days.

So, I called my OBGYN and she ran all the full panel of tests. My cd 23 progesterone test came back at 5.6 which explains why the monitor was not able to track any high days or Ovulation. I have a good egg reserve and my FSH was great. I also had a ultrasound to rule out anything physiological and a very small cyst was found on one of my ovaries.

The plan is to start Clomid after the cyst is gone. My ultrasound, which will tell me if the cyst is gone, is tomorrow. If it's gone. We'll start the Clomid in Feb. and inseminate. If it's not, we'll wait.

I am so nervous! This time around we are buying sperm and that makes me nervous. Last time I didn't do a lot of research and just used the monitor for three weeks. The first time I O'd we inseminated with a known donor and then I was :bfp:. Simple. I have a handsome eight year old to prove it. O:)

I have read a lot of post on this thread. Is there anyone else buying donor sperm? If so, could you give me some advice about how you time your purchase with your cycle?

Thanks for listening (reading). I am glad I found a place to share my worries and ask questions. We are not telling but a handful of people we are going to start trying and do not have anyone to ask the "logistical" questions to.

Welcome HP123--

I am buying donor sperm this coming cycle, 3 vials to be exact. I wait until after the first day of my cycle to contemplate buying it. I have an iphone app ("get pregnant") that shows me my high fertile days and with that knowledge I'll have my vials at least 2 days before that. The tank is only good for 7 days so I have to be mindful of that.

hehe it does seem a lot mummylou but if you both can do it you can never have enough!!

Jury3 the cycle we got our BFP we inseminated on CD 11 ( day of smiley) and day 13 ( about 45 hours after smiley) good luck xxx

Mummylou123-It is a lot, but that's a good thing! We don't have that option, so we REALLY have to make sure we time it just right! I would love to have the option to inseminate that much if needed :)

Mwaah-do you get the smiley the same day you ovulate? Just curious. I have been getting my + the day of ovulation (with wondfo strips) and we wouldn't insem until that night, so I'm afraid that would be too late. I am using the Clearblue digital this cycle in addition to the wondfo and I am going to test and extra time later in the evening, so I'm hoping to get a smiley the day before I O so we might be able to get an insem in a little earlier too. I'm sure I'm just over-thinking it, I just want it to work!

Well you do only need 1 sperm, timed as right as you can which is why the clear blue ov tests, which smile at you, and/or the CBFM can take some of the stress and guessing out of when am I going to/have I ovulated - for me they did anyway! When I got pregnant it was with 1 donation timed as right as we could, OV-1.

I've known people, using this method, get pregnant ov + 1 (day after) jury so that evening donation can work :thumbup:

I didn't know I would be terrified and excited all at the same time. I can see from the all the posts on this thread that this is an emotional roller coaster ride. My partner and started our journey in August. Like I did with my last pregnancy, I began tracking my cycles using the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor. Unlike OPK's the monitor tracks your whole cycle and gives you low, medium,high, and ovulation days. As you begin to use the monitor, it learns your cycle and begins to track even better. However, this time around, and nine years later, I never received any high or medium days.

So, I called my OBGYN and she ran all the full panel of tests. My cd 23 progesterone test came back at 5.6 which explains why the monitor was not able to track any high days or Ovulation. I have a good egg reserve and my FSH was great. I also had a ultrasound to rule out anything physiological and a very small cyst was found on one of my ovaries.

The plan is to start Clomid after the cyst is gone. My ultrasound, which will tell me if the cyst is gone, is tomorrow. If it's gone. We'll start the Clomid in Feb. and inseminate. If it's not, we'll wait.

I am so nervous! This time around we are buying sperm and that makes me nervous. Last time I didn't do a lot of research and just used the monitor for three weeks. The first time I O'd we inseminated with a known donor and then I was :bfp:. Simple. I have a handsome eight year old to prove it. O:)

I have read a lot of post on this thread. Is there anyone else buying donor sperm? If so, could you give me some advice about how you time your purchase with your cycle?

Thanks for listening (reading). I am glad I found a place to share my worries and ask questions. We are not telling but a handful of people we are going to start trying and do not have anyone to ask the "logistical" questions to.

Welcome HP123--

I am buying donor sperm this coming cycle, 3 vials to be exact. I wait until after the first day of my cycle to contemplate buying it. I have an iphone app ("get pregnant") that shows me my high fertile days and with that knowledge I'll have my vials at least 2 days before that. The tank is only good for 7 days so I have to be mindful of that.
Thanks for the advice LesbianMystiq!

Our sperm will come in a box not a tank and will only last 24 hours! I talked to the receptionist of the spermbank and she said we should call when I get a smiley face on the OPK. Then we have 36 hours from then to inseminate. I would call the morning or early afternoon of the smiley day and the box would arrive by 4:30pm. Alternatively, we could call and order it and then drive two hours and pick it up to avoid the $100 shipping charge. We're only buying one vial at a time for the first two months and then we will reevaluate. :)

I am not using OPK's and am using the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor. I am sure any "high" days are considered the same as a smiley face or whatever on the OPK's. Whewww. Are you confused by all that? I might be... :dohh:

I like the idea of the tank much better. Good luck to you!

from WTC to TTC today. My ultra sound went as well as a vaginal untrasound can be expected. I know the cyst is still there. I do not have confirmation from my OBGYN yet, but I did ask the Technician, knowing she could not really tell me, and she said "the one thing I can say is whatever was there last time is smaller than it was" I know this is good news. I am trying to look at it positively. :neutral:

Mummylou123-It is a lot, but that's a good thing! We don't have that option, so we REALLY have to make sure we time it just right! I would love to have the option to inseminate that much if needed :)

Mwaah-do you get the smiley the same day you ovulate? Just curious. I have been getting my + the day of ovulation (with wondfo strips) and we wouldn't insem until that night, so I'm afraid that would be too late. I am using the Clearblue digital this cycle in addition to the wondfo and I am going to test and extra time later in the evening, so I'm hoping to get a smiley the day before I O so we might be able to get an insem in a little earlier too. I'm sure I'm just over-thinking it, I just want it to work!

I usually ovulate about 24 hours after my 1st smiley, i get pain for about an hour so i can tell when it happens. But everyone is different and they say between 12-36hours after the smiley you ovulate. I know everyone says its best to inseminate before O but i think we were successful this cycle because we did it after O. Good luck xxx

congrats mwah xx I had pains 2day so lookin gd 4 ov 2day lots of clear ewcm this afternoon

from WTC to TTC today. My ultra sound went as well as a vaginal untrasound can be expected. I know the cyst is still there. I do not have confirmation from my OBGYN yet, but I did ask the Technician, knowing she could not really tell me, and she said "the one thing I can say is whatever was there last time is smaller than it was" I know this is good news. I am trying to look at it positively. :neutral:

That is definitely good news no matter what the OB says...I hope you get the go ahead very soon!

im deff going to use clear blue digitals next month, but has anyone used the answer brand opks n if so how did u like them?

That is definitely good news no matter what the OB says...I hope you get the go ahead very soon!

This whole process is a roller coaster ride!

This whole process is a roller coaster ride!
Amen to that!

The radiology tech was WRONG! The cyst is gone! My OB just called and gave us the go ahead. We are officially TTC!

well he wont be here till this evening the 17th jan cd 18 and did insem 3am yesterday morning when he finished work. i am hoping he can make later on . I feel tired after all the donations lol

hp123 that's great news that its good congrats and welcome to the game of ttc with a donor I hope you have a short time here and leave with ur wonderful bfp i am hoping this month as worked for me. when are you due to ov etc do you already have a donor or do you have to find one ? I think tadpole and known donor registry and also fsdw is a fab one i know you pay a joining free but their profiles are vetted as far as i remember x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->