Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

MrsMM24,

Thanks for asking! So far so good. No spotting. HPT lines are getting darker. Feeling sick and tired, but not so bad right now.

I'll get an early scan next Friday and I'm hoping there will be a heartbeat. Especially since I've already told just about EVERYONE that I'm expecting.

MrsMM24,

Thanks for asking! So far so good. No spotting. HPT lines are getting darker. Feeling sick and tired, but not so bad right now.

I'll get an early scan next Friday and I'm hoping there will be a heartbeat. Especially since I've already told just about EVERYONE that I'm expecting.
It's so hard to keep secret when you want to shout it from the top of a mountain. Good luck. Sending positive thoughts your way...

Hello,
My partner and I are trying at home. We are getting a shipment Sat. Super excited but also nervous after reading many of the posts in this thread.

Just as a note of encouragement. My professor at school is 44 and just had a baby 2 months ago! This was 16 some years after her last pregnancy. I hope I'm still fertile at 44!

Hello,
My partner and I are trying at home. We are getting a shipment Sat. Super excited but also nervous after reading many of the posts in this thread.

Welcome to the group!!! FX for you and we would love for you to keep us updated of any developments :)

HP123- Loved your story! That's hilarious!

Dodgegirl- I'm with Nimyra. The book I've read to prepare for all this, "The New Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception, Pregnancy, and Birth" basically says the same thing Nimyra said, or at least very close to that. If you want to save money and get started soon, I would say try the home version.

Ticking- Hope you have a healthy baby by now! Can't wait to hear about it :)

Cristynshell- I'm pretty new to all this too. Last night was our first insemination. You can read about it below.

Nimyra- Wishing you good luck with the sticky :) I'm sure once we get the :bfp:, I won't be able to keep it a secret for long either! Also, I wanted to say thank you for the suggestion to use the Clearblue Digital. If I was still using the Wondfo, I probably wouldn't have started inseminating yet because they still haven't really looked positive. I'm sticking with the digital from now on!

Ok, ladies, we did our first insemination last night after getting a smiley yesterday morning. Sorry ahead of time if there's any TMI in here, I'm pretty open about this stuff! We went to our donor's house and ate dinner together, hung out for a little bit. After a while he went in and did his thing (we used an artichoke hearts jar) while we watched TV. As soon as he finished we took the donation and left, drove to our house about 10 minutes away. We got all set up, pillows under my bottom and a towel. We put a large suitcase at the botton to rest my feet on. I inserted the syringe, my wife pushed it in very slowly. I then removed the syringe very, very slowly so I didn't pull everything back out. The whole thing was just nerve-racking because we wanted to do it the right way! We tried to be intimate afterward for a big O, but it was just too weird and I wasn't relaxed. I did eventually have one though. After that, I rotated to each side for about 20-30 minutes (still propped up). Then I went to sleep. I checked my cervix this morning and it's still open, so we are going to do another insem tonight. After that we will be in our 2WW! Wish us luck!

Hoping for a sticky bean for you, Jury!

I booked my tubal reversal today. My donor and I will start trying in May.

WANTNUM2 CONGRATS!!! Wishing you a H&H 9 mos Hun!

CRISTYNSHELL GL FXD! Welcome! :dust: for your journey!

BRANDI YAY for booking and planning insems!!!:dust:

NIM YAY!:happydance: as though lines continue to get darker! Excited and will be thinking of you on Friday for that early scan Hun! I know the anxiety you are feeling....:dust:

TICKING the suspense.... updates???

LESBIANMYSTIQ and HP123 I hope that my processes can be of some help. And yes, we are all different, I have used more than one method. We have used IUI and we have used frozen shipped sperm. I go into much greater detail in my journal, feel free to read in there and take whatever information and links that you want. Although the journey has been rather long, the journal doesn't reflect that length at all. I will ask LESBIANM this, I understand that you are using OPKs, but how do you know for certain you are OVg? OPKs only indicate the OV surge, which is indication that you MAY OV within the following 12-36 hours. Are you also using temping, an U/S by doc? OV pains, CM and CP are not enough to know alone. I used the CBFM, which was used with inserting sticks into the monitor (they are pricey but I purchased mine on eBay for much less) this monitor was recommended by the FS that we use. We also used OPKs and internet cheapies at the same time and let me tell you, they often did not agree. The temps however 9 out of 10 times matched the monitor results and for a period of time I was also receiving monitoring and U/S by our doc that also matched the monitor 9/10 times. I am something of a statistics person so I believe in doing all the things and letting the majority rule :haha: That being said, the doc informed us that during an IUI we insem the morning after a + on the OPKs, and the following day. However, when insem naturally or using at home method, he said that the best was to do 2-OV, 1-OV, OV and OV-1.... Those are the best days because of the travel the sperm have to do. You only need one. Also to note is that your vaginal fluid could be rather hostile which would make it a little more difficult for the swimmers.

I would be elevated pretty high in the docs office for 15 mins after IUI (they get placed further up) but at home I would elevate for 30 minutes. This is AFTER I inserted the softcup immediately after removing the syringe. I have also gotten a BFP by transferring the swimmers directly to the softcup and inserting. I have gotten an Org right after and at times, not done that. I have gotten preg 4 times, we have a beautiful DD, 2 MCs (various stages/reasons, none related to the method of insem) and now this preg. Because I have never just insem'd one time, I cannot pinpoint actual fertilization, I can say that 2 of times, I only had 2 donations, one time, this time, on the actual day of OV! Again, I have written in depth, TMI, pics, links, etc on my journal and I think you can get more info as well as the daily tracking, vits, items, etc that I used. I don't mind stalkers at all so stop by.... I hope I helped some, and I am positive that with the experience of the other ladies here, you can get some great info that will work for you. NIM and LUNA were some people that I followed when I joined the site and DW and I had already been trying by then for about a year so, take in anything, try everything, and you will see a BFP no doubt!GL FXD!:dust:

Sorry ladies been too busy to update but yes she's here
Born at 10.47am and weighed 7lb 2.5ozs
Will update properly as soon as I can x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 24
Thanks for updating ticking :thumbup:

That photo has just made me well up, she's beautiful! Welcome to the world Aubree, BIG hugs to you and your mummy :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->