Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I've used KDR with success. Fair warning, I also encountered two jerks, so if someone is acting inappropriately be sure to report them to the moderators.

I've used KDR with success. Fair warning, I also encountered two jerks, so if someone is acting inappropriately be sure to report them to the moderators.

That is so refreshing to hear! Well, not about the jerks but about the success! We are having a change of heart about using the spermbank. We are feeling more and more strongly towards finding a known donor who would be willing to be contacted in s

Lol... Ah hem. What I was saying was...

Having donor who is willing to be contacted in some way when our child is older or another similar sinario is definatley beginning to feel like the better option. So I have been searching on KDR. I have learned soooo much! I made a decision to ask my bestie if he was serious about donating tonight. He has mentioned it to me a few times but we never really talked about it. I told him about my research and how I was looking for a known donor but wanted to give him first dibs ( so to speak) before I began looking for someone else. We decided not to decide tonight about anything and will begin talking further. I am sending him info via email and then we'll chat on Saturday. I love him - even if he is not my donor. :)

My donor and I keep in close contact, but have agreed that Anberlin is not going to know about him, as my ex-husband is who she knows as Daddy, but if she happens to find out the truth, I won't lie to her either, and I will let her know who her biological dad is. However, we have discussed and agreed that there will be no planned meetings or contact between her and him until she's 18.

It's good, because I have been able to ask him questions that have come up with Anberlin, like when she had a severe allergic reaction to strawberries, I was able to ask him and find out if there was a family history or not. He is great that way, and we also just have random conversations. It's like we've been good friends...who have met face to face only twice. He will be the donor for my next child too.

well i finished my last insem today. now i guess its just the waiting game!

hi girls what do you think to chart looks like ovulated yesterday

did it cd 8 cd 10 cd 11 cd 14 cd 15 cd 16 cd 17 cd 18

Anyone know much about OPKs? I've never used them before, but I felt O pains yesterday so, curious, I picked up a pack and peed on two sticks a few hours apart.

I still have my tubes tied, but they will be untied soon. I want to start tracking my cycles to see if they change at all after my tubes are reversed.

Attachments

• 2013-01-16 23.14.31.jpg
    2013-01-16 23.14.31.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 10
Thanks Laura! This is HUGE for me. If I O on CD13 again next month, it leave me pretty confident that I'm still O'ing when I always O'd, which will make insemination easier for me to schedule.

Well, I got my smiley a few days earlier than expected! Today is CD13 and I had my smiley this morning (I was expecting more like CD15 or CD16!). That was with the Clearblue Digital. My Wondfo from Amazon wasn't quite as dark as the test line, but it was darker than yesterday. Luckily, we are going to get our donor contract taken care of today and our donor has agreed to start tonight! Very excited, this is our first TTC! Very nervous as well!

Well, I got my smiley a few days earlier than expected! Today is CD13 and I had my smiley this morning (I was expecting more like CD15 or CD16!). That was with the Clearblue Digital. My Wondfo from Amazon wasn't quite as dark as the test line, but it was darker than yesterday. Luckily, we are going to get our donor contract taken care of today and our donor has agreed to start tonight! Very excited, this is our first TTC! Very nervous as well!

Good luck with everything and I hope you catch the eggy! :happydance:

Welcome to all the new faces, I feel like I have been a part of this thread forever. I always come in here to check on you ladies. Anyway, here is the following things that I can say after being around for so long...

TICKING YAY!!! I will be in here much more to hear your news!!! GL Hun! Can't wait to meet the LO!

MIZCEE18 This is my 4th pregnancy all with donor sperm and insemination... Never heard of leaving the syringe in, that is a foreign object so I wouldn't go that route too often, of course I am saying this after your finished your last insem... But I have used a doctor as well and I can tell you that they take it out immediately. I think that you could benefit from using softcups. Get about 4-5 pillows or anything to elevate you high, remove the syringe, and then insert the soft cup. It is easier when you are at an angle as well. A pad will only catch your swimmers as they leave your body as they are designed to stop spillage in your clothes so I would say that isn't as useful either. If softcups are not comfy, I would prop myself up very high and stay there 30 minutes. Also consider if your cervix is tilted, if that is the case you will insem and then prop yourself up on your stomach. GL!FXD:dust:

MUMMYLOU Maybe you aren't as familiar with this process with lawyers and such because in the US same-sex relationships are not widely excepted, in fact as a same-sex advocate and lifelong member, I can tell you that of all 50 states, there are only 9 states recognize it, and in those states there are only about 4-5 that allow for inseminations that will not hold the male donor responsible. If the donor is from a sperm bank then that trumps everything, but if it is a known donor they are responsible in many states. As a married woman with a lovely DW, a DD and another DD on the way, I can say going through the lawyer and everything is stressful but mandatory, especially when establishing rights and when the spouse goes through the adoption proceess. I did not have to do the same because we shipped to our home, but also we are married and live in a recognizable state. There are many days and have been years that we wished we lived in the UK....

MRS_BROWN89 GL, not everyone and in fact very few ladies feel OV pains, doctor proven thghat many feel that pain monthly thinking it is OV and it turns out they haven't even OVd yet. I say temping, U/S, charting, etc, will be better for predicting, GL!:dust:

LESBIANMYSTIQ & HP123 That is exactly the plans we did, we did IUI for such a long time, we have had 2 MCs, we began shipping to home, to cut down on some of the costs. I know that it works, I know that IUI works as well! I wish you luck and hope you see a BFP sooner rather than later. I want to make sure I let you know that the Clearblue Fertility Monitor made all the difference for us in helping to pinpoint our OV, in fact it was used in conjunction with U/S and they were spot on. The sticks are great, but can get costly. The monitor was an investment. In the end, we used less on the monitor and the sticks it needed, than we did on all the OPKs that we used along the way. FXD!:dust:

:wave:How are the rest of you Ladies doing and feeling in here this week? NIM, how's that bean coming along?

I would just like to say thank you to all you ladies who gave advice. I have been following this thread since October 2012 and received my BFP with everything I have learned here.

Babydust to all xx

LESBIANMYSTIQ & HP123 That is exactly the plans we did, we did IUI for such a long time, we have had 2 MCs, we began shipping to home, to cut down on some of the costs. I know that it works, I know that IUI works as well! I wish you luck and hope you see a BFP sooner rather than later. I want to make sure I let you know that the Clearblue Fertility Monitor made all the difference for us in helping to pinpoint our OV, in fact it was used in conjunction with U/S and they were spot on. The sticks are great, but can get costly. The monitor was an investment. In the end, we used less on the monitor and the sticks it needed, than we did on all the OPKs that we used along the way. FXD!:dust:

Would you mind giving me the details on your insemination process?

I'm inseminating in less than two weeks and have tried before to no avail. I'm using OPKs by Clear Blue and am certain of when I ovulate, so I'll inseminate O-2, O-1, and O. I know every woman is different but it doesn't hurt to ask for advice :)

Well you do only need 1 sperm, timed as right as you can which is why the clear blue ov tests, which smile at you, and/or the CBFM can take some of the stress and guessing out of when am I going to/have I ovulated - for me they did anyway! When I got pregnant it was with 1 donation timed as right as we could, OV-1.

I've known people, using this method, get pregnant ov + 1 (day after) jury so that evening donation can work :thumbup:

I used the CBFM 9 years ago and inseminated on the evening of the morning I got the ovulation sign. My sweet son is now 8 years old! . :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->