Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

So sorry to hear mizcee, BFNs are no fun. Maybe AF won't show and you can test again in a few days.

I'm 6DPO, waiting to test but impatient still....it's a little scary though!

Hi ladies - School started back up for me this week so I won't be getting on here as much. I've learned so much from everyone. Thank you.

I thought I found a donor through KDR but I am having second thoughts about his, what my partner calls "Sperm Donor Messiah" complex. He is very knowledgeable and know A LOT. He also regulates the site and helps a lot of couples navigate the overwhelming of finding a known donor.

He sent me a message yesterday asking me if we had any major debt. Now, lets be clear, I am okay with a donor asking for proof of financial stability. That is not a problem. However after he asked if we had any major debt, he went into a long rant about how he work with a recipient and they sound awesome on paper and then he realized the were not "using their money wisely". The rant was about three paragraphs long about how this couple should have used their money in a more responsible way. This sent off a Red Flag for me.

What do you think?

It's a big red flag for me as well to be honest! I've had contact with a few donors who had "Sperm Donor Messiah" complex's - great way to put it by the way :haha: and I'd say, steer clear.

Hp, that'd be a red flag for me. Maybe time to look for a different donor...

I 'm in the waiting room waiting for my first scan. I'm so nervous!!! Praying this bean looks healthy.

Good luck Nimyra, hope everything goes well and that you enjoy seeing your little bean for the first time :hugs:

HP I would probably look for another donor. I don't think that's any of his business and I wouldn't want someone who obviously has a complex like that. Trust your red flag feelings!

Nimyra Hope it's all going ok! Can't wait to hear :)

That would be a red flag for me as well. My donor is now cautious, maybe not like that, but definitely wanted to make sure I could afford another baby, because one of the women he donated to ended up not being able to afford the baby and came after him for child support. Despite there being a contract saying she would not hold him responsible, since sperm donation is technically not legal here (even if assisted by a physician), the rights of the child trumped the contract and now he pays child support for a child he's never met. So, I can understand in that situation why he needed to make sure I could afford another child, but to ask about debts just goes too far.

Scan went fine. Baby measuring 6w4d and had a heartbeat of 131. So tiny! I'm still feeling tense and nervous, I hope I calm down soon and can start enjoying my pregnancy.

Nimyra that is so exciting! I can't wait to be in that stage of worrying and out of the 2WW :) Sending lots of sticky bean dust your way (do we have an emoticon for that? lol)!

c.30, Nimyra, jury3, and BrandiCanucks

Thanks! I'm a pretty good judge of character but it's nice to have others' perspectives when dealing with a new situation. I am disappointed about him not working out. I do not have a back up. Now I have to star looking all over again. This is time consuming and I don't really have a lot of that right now! I was trying to get this all in order before my crazy semester of school began. I know from reading everyone's posts that this roller coaster is pretty common. I have 4 days left until the first day of my next cycle. I have three months to try then I have to wait until August to try again. I am trying to plan this around my student teaching which will be this time next year. I might just have to use the sperm bank which we really don't want to now that we have found the KDR. :sad2:

Nim - Glad your scan went well :)

Jury3 The TWW can be hard. Hang in there :)

HP That really sucks, I'm sorry. It will work out for you though! You'll find someone who fits :) What will your teaching degree be in? I'm currently a special education teacher in high school, started out to be elementary ed though.

HP That really sucks, I'm sorry. It will work out for you though! You'll find someone who fits :) What will your teaching degree be in? I'm currently a special education teacher in high school, started out to be elementary ed though.

Thanks for the encouragement. My degree is ELC (EC-MC) K-5. I wish I had chosen ELM 1st -8th. I am starting to like those big kids just as much as the little ones.
I only have one academic semester before student teaching! I am excited to be almost done. It'll be 5.5 years of school when completed. I can't take the 18+ credit semesters like some of my classmates. Well, I could but then I wouldn't be a very good mom. :)

Congrats, Mrs_Brown!!!!

How many dpo are you? Was this your first month trying?

Please update the thread in my signature with your success story and what methods and all you were using. The format is on the first page.

Lots of sticky dust!

I was 10dpo when I tested. Im now 13dpo. This was my 3rd month trying. I will do that! Baby dust to all

Hi ladies! Dw just finished her first cycle since surgery. We are one cycle closer. We decided not to try until the third cycle because of the methotrexate. She will be sound physically sooner but her folic acid and so many others were stripped by the injection. We are eager to start but have lots to do before then. We move into our house a week from tomorrow. We are eager to get in and settled. I have spent hours that would normally be devoted to TTC shopping, planning, and day dreaming about the house. I hope everyone is well and I think of all of you regularly. I'm still here....stalkin as usual. LOL!

Thanks for the encouragement. My degree is ELC (EC-MC) K-5. I wish I had chosen ELM 1st -8th. I am starting to like those big kids just as much as the little ones.
I only have one academic semester before student teaching! I am excited to be almost done. It'll be 5.5 years of school when completed. I can't take the 18+ credit semesters like some of my classmates. Well, I could but then I wouldn't be a very good mom. :)

I used to love the little ones. My first job was middle school and I fell in love! Now I'm in high school, but it's special ed so a lot my students are more like elementary or middle school. Every grade has its positives and negatives, it's just figuring out what's best for you :) I wouldn't worry too much about your degree bc if you change y

Stupid phone!
If you change your mind, you can usually add certification through testing. At least in Missouri you can, that's what I did. Good luck getting finished up! I'm wanting to get my masters but don't want to start in the middle of ttc. Of course hopefully I'll have a baby soon and then I won't want to start it then either! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->