Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

hi I got another smiley today at around 5.15pm so must of got start of my surge yesterday. as the testl ine on the clearblue digi is very strong than yesterday

Calling all experts... We are going to attempt round 3 of at home known donor insem in a couple of weeks. My question is... This month it won't be a problem because of all of our work schedules, but if it doesn't take then I have a real problem. He gets off work and comes straight to my house at around 5:30 pm. Next month I start my new position at work and will not be home until 10:30 (DH is home by 5:30). Is there any way to make that work? From what I've read, it looks like the little swimmers won't last that long. Is there any safe way to prolong the shelf life until I get home from work 5 hours later? I'm just worried that if this month doesn't take that I'll freak out and I don't want that, so I wanna figure this out ahead of time.
I know if anyone knows a work-a-round for a situation, it's you girls! Please help before I lose my mind! I don't want to have to go to my new boss and ask to take a long dinner break and have to explain AI!!!
Thanks in advance! :hugs:

Calling all experts... We are going to attempt round 3 of at home known donor insem in a couple of weeks. My question is... This month it won't be a problem because of all of our work schedules, but if it doesn't take then I have a real problem. He gets off work and comes straight to my house at around 5:30 pm. Next month I start my new position at work and will not be home until 10:30 (DH is home by 5:30). Is there any way to make that work? From what I've read, it looks like the little swimmers won't last that long. Is there any safe way to prolong the shelf life until I get home from work 5 hours later? I'm just worried that if this month doesn't take that I'll freak out and I don't want that, so I wanna figure this out ahead of time.
I know if anyone knows a work-a-round for a situation, it's you girls! Please help before I lose my mind! I don't want to have to go to my new boss and ask to take a long dinner break and have to explain AI!!!

Honestly, the best way to handle this would be for you to get a donation later at night or in the morning. Is traveling to him an option?

However, if that isn't possible. You *could* buy shipping kits (which include test yolk buffer and cold packs) and store the sperm that way (chilled, not frozen, in yolk buffer) until you get home. It is an option. Expect it to cost you a couple hundred bucks a month and to reduce the success rate modestly (but you'd still be in the game). Also if you are doing it that way, there is no point in doing any early inseminations - just the day after +OPK and possibly the day after that if you have long surges.

Good luck!

Baby4me - as above. Can you not get the donation late that night when you get home? Also, notice in your sig you are taking b complex and b6. You shouldn't take more of one b vitamin than others. The b complex should suffice x

omg well did donation Monday did it weds got smiley on opk on weds afternoon did it that night 9.30pm he couldn't do yesterday but took another opk at 12.10am this morning and the test lines from the digi were solid blue and soooo strong. and had pains this morn an temp rise this morning he is coming this afternoon is that ok and tomorrow am I still in with a chance???

well just done another opk and its a blank circle so my surge as gone I am so upset I have missed my chance

Not necessarily. You don't ovulate until 12-36 hours after a surge. When is donation? Have you had any already?

Just read your previous.

Get another donation tonight if you can, but if not the one from Wednesday should cover you if you ov today. Remember sperm can last up to 5 days in there!

I think some pages back someone said that a donation on OV day and even day after (o+1) can prove successful; I know someone who now has a little boy from an o+1 donation. And as Laura said, you had one on Wednesday so I don't think there's any reason to be upset at all :flower:

I know someone who has a baby from a donation that was on Thursday and ov was Sunday. You haw as good a chance as any Hun, but getting a donation tonight would up your chances more

I agree with the ladies above, you aren't out! You had a donation already, so that could be it. If you do one today that would be helpful too. You O 12-36 hours after positive opk like laura said, plus the egg can live up to 24 hours. I read something the other day that suggested sperm has been known to make it to the fallopian tubes as quick as 15-30 minutes. I don't know how likely that is, but hey, it sounds good!

AFM-I had the positive opk Wed night, was expecting to O yesterday, but no temp rise this morning. So, I'm hoping it happens today. Our donor agreed to do another insem tonight if I want. So, I will probably check my cervix and if it's open and I still have EWCM then we will do another insem. I'm ready to be in the 2ww again, even though it's the longest 2 weeks ever... lol

We have had to do our's around 10-10:30pm a few times because either my wife or our donor didn't get off work until late. Maybe your donor would be willing to do that?

yes he said its fine to do a donation early tonight :) and tomorrow as I told him what I have read on here and hes fine with doing it

yes he said its fine to do a donation early tonight :) and tomorrow as I told him what I have read on here and hes fine with doing it

That's good! We thought Wed would be our last donation this month, but then I haven't O'd. I hate asking for another donation. I think that gives me more anxiety than anything else in this whole process...

yes I hate it too I hate the having to time etc but what else can you do :(

That's good! We thought Wed would be our last donation this month, but then I haven't O'd. I hate asking for another donation. I think that gives me more anxiety than anything else in this whole process...

I get that Jury, the thought of them saying no, I'm busy used to scare me too.

GL and :dust: mummylou

I guess my only option would be for him to come before work, but I have having to make it difficult for him if there was another way, but spending that kind of money seems nuts to me. So FX that he would be willing. I'm certain he won't want me coming to his house at 11 pm. He didn't even want to release his last name for anonymity purposes, which I am cool with. I'll just pray that this one takes. I just hate that I feel like it's too much trouble for him before work, but I know he mentioned doing it if need be.

I discontinued the supplements except for my prenatal. I was hoping they would help, but it shortened my cycle by 2 days and I don't want to chance that again. I probably will take the Mucinex again during insem just to help. I'm also going to try to make an appt with my GYN to see if they have any ideas. I'm wondering if I don't have a serious endocrine issue here. :nope:

But I appreciate all the feedback.

Also, if you have good CM, spermies will thrive for up to 5 days, so I think you are just fine the way it is. Last minute is mostly pointless because it takes awhile for them to get up there to meet eggy! So I don't think the timing is off at all! :dust:

hi girls well my temper brought up err this morning then it flashed up 36.69 so put that in and so I should of ov thurs im thinking yet I had lots of ewcm last night and that's gone now they say you ov last day of ewcm so should ov been yesterday?? also that temp was taken at 5 and I kept waking since then so couldn't do another temp at right time wots best to do not put todays temp in ??

Just put the temp in but put that it was a different time. Will leave circle open

So, I had the positive opk Wed night. My temp still has not gone up. It's starting to really bother me. I've never had a positive without Oing that day or the day after. This is were the home insem starts to get complicated bc I don't want to keep asking our donor for donations when we agreed to only 2-3 a month (he's done 4 now). However, if I haven't O'd yet, what am I to do?!? So frustrating...All of my signs point to O except my temp...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->