Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

So, I had the positive opk Wed night. My temp still has not gone up. It's starting to really bother me. I've never had a positive without Oing that day or the day after. This is were the home insem starts to get complicated bc I don't want to keep asking our donor for donations when we agreed to only 2-3 a month (he's done 4 now). However, if I haven't O'd yet, what am I to do?!? So frustrating...All of my signs point to O except my temp...

Hey jury3- have you ever continued to test with opk after your + to see how long your surge is? If you are struggling to release the egg the your surge lasts several days. This may have something to do with the temp shift. I'm not expect though. The known donor thing must be difficult because you are dealing with people not banks that are happy for you to do it as many times as you want for the money. :/

I agree with Elliottsmum, from your chart Jury (the temps), it looks like your body tried to OV but didn't. You have lots of good EWCM there and your CP is open so that gives the sperm you already have a good chance of getting to the fallopian tube and then chilling out, lol, before that egg comes down :haha: (that's apparantly what they do, they rest and build up strength in the fallopian tube while waiting for the egg, the wonder of mother nature!!!!) I would explain to the donor how you chart looks and continue with the OPK's if you can. Maybe if you don't want to put the donor out, get a donation every other day til your temps confirm ov, with your fertile cm, I'd think this would still have you covered. Having said that, if you explain to him, he may just understand and be willing to donate until OV is confirmed. GL, hope you OV soon and heaps of :dust: to you :)

Thanks ladies! I did an opk yesterday and it was an almost positive. That's the only other one I've done though. I'll see if temp rises tomorrow. If not I'll see if he's willing to do another...

I am ridiculous. Every little twinge near my uterus, cramps, gas, or whatnot, I think "Is that implantation?" I tell myself, "Breathe Deep. It will happen when it happens." My breasts are sore and I can't remember them being sore for this length of time before AF, but I also don't remember them being sore in the first few weeks of my last pregnancy. I should have kept a pregnancy journal. I do remember them being very sore (it even hurt to take my bra off) during the first trimester. I'd like to say I'm just more in-tune to my body but I am pretty sure all of my "symptoms" are only felt because I want this so badly.

I never got a positive OPK this month even though I took the Clomid. I did get EWCM and my cervix was open. The likelihood that I am pregnant is slim to none. We decided to go ahead and insem this month on the slight chance that something actually did happen. We chalked it up to "practice" for both us and our donor who is shipping from Ohio. I figured it was best for all of us to have a nice practice round even if the chances are pretty low.

Speaking of shipping, it was only $34 for overnight shipping. That made my day. I was expecting no less than $60. We just have to keep him supplied with TYB and I feel we can keep inseminating until, a.) We give up or b.) he wants to stop.

Regarding not ovulating, I started using progesterone cream. I have read loads about it. When my OB calls to talk about my cd21 day progesterone test, which I am taking on day 23 (tomorrow), I hope to discuss this too. I don't think I O'd (if I did at all) until day cd18 anyway which means that checking my progesterone on day cd21 would not be accurate. Right?

The TWW sucks. :growlmad:

well girls I got my crosshairs this morning donation Monday Wednesday and Friday and ovulated Thursday!!!! have I missed my chance. im 3dpo according to chart https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e3e61

Mummylou23- miss your chance?! No way. You insemed the day before and the day after. You did it just right. Wednesday I'm sure was good timing, made sure the swimmers were right there waiting for the egg and Friday for good measure in case the egg snuck past Wednesday's boys. GL and try not to symptom spot on your 2WW. Hah!

well girls I got my crosshairs this morning donation Monday Wednesday and Friday and ovulated Thursday!!!! have I missed my chance. im 3dpo according to chart https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e3e61

I agree, you are spot-on with timing, no worries! Now it's time to relax and let mother nature take over! GL!

I am ridiculous. Every little twinge near my uterus, cramps, gas, or whatnot, I think "Is that implantation?" I tell myself, "Breathe Deep. It will happen when it happens." My breasts are sore and I can't remember them being sore for this length of time before AF, but I also don't remember them being sore in the first few weeks of my last pregnancy. I should have kept a pregnancy journal. I do remember them being very sore (it even hurt to take my bra off) during the first trimester. I'd like to say I'm just more in-tune to my body but I am pretty sure all of my "symptoms" are only felt because I want this so badly.

I never got a positive OPK this month even though I took the Clomid. I did get EWCM and my cervix was open. The likelihood that I am pregnant is slim to none. We decided to go ahead and insem this month on the slight chance that something actually did happen. We chalked it up to "practice" for both us and our donor who is shipping from Ohio. I figured it was best for all of us to have a nice practice round even if the chances are pretty low.

Speaking of shipping, it was only $34 for overnight shipping. That made my day. I was expecting no less than $60. We just have to keep him supplied with TYB and I feel we can keep inseminating until, a.) We give up or b.) he wants to stop.

Regarding not ovulating, I started using progesterone cream. I have read loads about it. When my OB calls to talk about my cd21 day progesterone test, which I am taking on day 23 (tomorrow), I hope to discuss this too. I don't think I O'd (if I did at all) until day cd18 anyway which means that checking my progesterone on day cd21 would not be accurate. Right?

I don't have an answer for you, but I feel your pain! I'm not even positive I'm ov'ing. I think my body is betraying me! And while I'm not having to ship it seems even more difficult to ask him to keep coming over to my house! Gosh I hope this will be our month. I start AI a week from Monday.

As for symptom spotting... STOP! It will make you batty. The same hormones that give you preg symptoms are the same ones that give you PMS symptoms. There's nothing that is sure fire early symptom, so don't get too worked up about it. I know that's easier said than done. I am guilty of all these things because we both have so much at stake during this process. Just try to take it easy and one day at a time.

I know one thing... the one time I didn't try to get preg was the only time I got pregnant. I was having fun and being care-free. I think this plays a huge roll in that sperm catching the egg. Just go with the flow to try to avoid aunt flo... that's how I think about it.

For the rest of it, it sounds like you have it all worked out, except the testing part. That I have no idea. I'm almost to the point of going to the Dr. to try to figure out my endocrine issues. I'm just gonna keep praying for a miracle until then.

FX for you!! :dust:

Baby4me- I noticed you're take vit. B can I ask why? I think I have a vitB12 deficiency from taking protonix a PPI but my wife says I'm just crazy. I was worrie it might cause problems with a pregnancy.

Baby4me- I noticed you're take vit. B can I ask why? I think I have a vitB12 deficiency from taking protonix a PPI but my wife says I'm just crazy. I was worrie it might cause problems with a pregnancy.

I was looking for something more official to explain, but here's the short version:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090417123956AARpnOP

I discontinued this month and just taking prenates. But if you are going to try to do it, make sure you take b6 with b complex. the b complex has the b12 in it. The regimen that I found and now I can't seem to find said to take the complex at night, but I'm thinking that's NOT right because that will promote energy, something I don't want right before I go to sleep!!

I don't have an answer for you, but I feel your pain! I'm not even positive I'm ov'ing. I think my body is betraying me! And while I'm not having to ship it seems even more difficult to ask him to keep coming over to my house! Gosh I hope this will be our month. I start AI a week from Monday.

As for symptom spotting... STOP! It will make you batty. The same hormones that give you preg symptoms are the same ones that give you PMS symptoms. There's nothing that is sure fire early symptom, so don't get too worked up about it. I know that's easier said than done. I am guilty of all these things because we both have so much at stake during this process. Just try to take it easy and one day at a time.

I know one thing... the one time I didn't try to get preg was the only time I got pregnant. I was having fun and being care-free. I think this plays a huge roll in that sperm catching the egg. Just go with the flow to try to avoid aunt flo... that's how I think about it.

For the rest of it, it sounds like you have it all worked out, except the testing part. That I have no idea. I'm almost to the point of going to the Dr. to try to figure out my endocrine issues. I'm just gonna keep praying for a miracle until then.

FX for you!! :dust:

I am trying to stop the insanity of symptom spotting. It's hard. I am not buying any PG tests until after I am one week past when AF is due. That I am sure about. I can see myself becoming addicted to POAS and the disappointment could be disastrous for my family. :devil: Mama is no fun when she is crabby. :winkwink:

I am lucky to have a dedicated donor. I believe he wants this just as much as I do. He is one of my closest friends of 20 years. He is willing to make things work during his busy schedule. We are also lucky that the last drop off time at FedEx is 9pm! Those :spermy: only have to live in the TYB for 12 hours!

Unfortunately, I know 99% that I was not ovulating. I was having anovulatory periods with all the fun of a normal menstrual cycle but no ovulation! :growlmad: I had all the tests and my progesterone is very low:5.58ng/mL at cd21. What trigger my realization of this and prompted me to talk to my OB was that my CBFM never gave me a peak reading. I was testing for 20 days and had only high readings for most of that time. It was weird. Since then, I've had a bunch of blood work and two vaginal ultrasounds. There was a cyst on my right ovary but it is now gone. I started Clomid with this cycle. I still only had high readings on the monitor but I started checking my cervix and CM daily. I wasn't doing this before. I started temping this month too. If I only went by my body signals and temp, I would swear I ovulated around cd 18 but the monitor says otherwise.
I am hoping my OB agrees to increase the Clomid from 50mg to 100mg and I get a Peak reading on the monitor my next cycle.

The first and only time I have been pregnant was with my son who is now 8 yrs old. We used a known donor and it was our first try at AI. I wasn't as stressed out about it because I didn't feel like time was a factor. Now I feel like every cycle is a missed chance even though my AMH is still in the normal range at 1.78ng/mL. Being on the other side of 35 is a really a game changer.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey! In my opinion, I would get your levels checked soon.

Which one do you swear by? I am currently taking Rainbow Light Complete Prenatal System. They are expensive and you have to take 6 pills a day which are the only cons I have. However, I like them a lot because they are plant based nutrients and have calcium and iron. Also, I can take them in the morning and they don't give me an upset stomach. Because of the expense, I decided today to order The Rainbow Light Prenatal One Multivitamin and DHA 250 Smart Essential Combo 30 Tablets and 30 Softgels. They were $30 ($15/per pack)for a two months supply in comparison to $39 for the Rainbow Light Complete Prenatal System for a two months supply. All the dollar amounts are from a vitamin website that I order our supplements from. I priced the Rainbow Light Complete Prenatal System at Whole foods and it's about $65!!

Definitely did not miss your chance! Sounds perfect actually :) GL!

Which one do you swear by? I am currently taking Rainbow Light Complete Prenatal System. They are expensive and you have to take 6 pills a day which are the only cons I have. However, I like them a lot because they are plant based nutrients and have calcium and iron. Also, I can take them in the morning and they don't give me an upset stomach. Because of the expense, I decided today to order The Rainbow Light Prenatal One Multivitamin and DHA 250 Smart Essential Combo 30 Tablets and 30 Softgels. They were $30 ($15/per pack)for a two months supply in comparison to $39 for the Rainbow Light Complete Prenatal System for a two months supply. All the dollar amounts are from a vitamin website that I order our supplements from. I priced the Rainbow Light Complete Prenatal System at Whole foods and it's about $65!!

Sorry to hear that you don't think you O'd, that's really frustrating... :hugs: Maybe you'll get lucky and you actually did!

I take the rainbow light petites, 3 pills a day. I order them from Amazon, 180 count for $16.93. I've also been taking prenatal dha and vitamin b6 (100mg).

I swear by Pure Encapsulations Prenatal Nutrients. They are about $16 for a month supply (60 capsules). They are the only prenatals that don't make me feel sick. Pure Encapsulations is a really great brand too - high quality.

Hi any update from any one how is every one getting on its rather quiet now since I joined this thread xx

Jury, I see you've had a temp rise so you should get your crosshairs soon :thumbup:

Ticking, when I come into the thread, a post from you is the first thing I see and i saw your ticker, happy 1 month Aubree :flower:

My 4d scan is on Wednesday and I am ever so slightly excited :headspin: :)

Hi ladies, I can't help the symptom spotting.:wacko:
I'm eating my pineapple core and just trying to be calm but I've been having some mild cramping more on the right side, 3 dpo I had a pinching which I've never felt before and I had terrible insomnia 5dpo. I have at least 5 more days before testing. I'm not tempted before that but this waiting game sucks.

I'm pretty sure I delayed my O this month with my crazyness and I haven't
been charting long so who knows when AF will show up.

Jury, I see you've had a temp rise so you should get your crosshairs soon :thumbup:

Ticking, when I come into the thread, a post from you is the first thing I see and i saw your ticker, happy 1 month Aubree :flower:

My 4d scan is on Wednesday and I am ever so slightly excited :headspin: :)

I did get a temp rise this morning! I was very relieved as we did insems Wed and Fri and I'm thinking I O'd Saturday, so it was perfect timing. Officially in the 2ww as long as my temps stay up!

How exciting for your scan! I bet the 4d will be amazing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->