Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

mizcee-I don't have an answer to your question, but I really hope everything turns out ok for you. Thinking of you...

Mizcee, I think 5.5 weeks is still quite early. I would just take it easy but don't worry too much. My dr. told me not to even think of getting a scan until 6.5 weeks or so because she didn't want me to get worried if they didn't see much. Will be keeping you in my thoughts.

Hello!!!

Those of you who have used a known donor... What was your initial meeting like??

I'm terrified of the prospect of him coming over for a chat type thing...i have severe social anxiety and find chit chat/small talk impossible :/

Sorry to post and dash!
Thanks in advance!

Hello!!!

Those of you who have used a known donor... What was your initial meeting like??

I'm terrified of the prospect of him coming over for a chat type thing...i have severe social anxiety and find chit chat/small talk impossible :/

Sorry to post and dash!
Thanks in advance!

I often find the first meeting awkward. It helps me some to prepare with a list of questions or topics you want to discuss. Things like, "have you done this before, what have your previous experiences donating been like?"
"what sort of relationship are you looking for going forward"
"What can you tell me about your family's health/mental health history?"
"Do you have any risk factors for STDs (such as multiple sexual partners, NI donations, etc)?"
"How would you like the logistics of donating to be handled?"
"How much notice do you need to donate?"
"How many times a month are you comfortable donating?"
"How would you prefer to handle reimbursement of expenses?"
"Do you have any questions or concerns about us?"

And then if you run out of those sorts of topics I usually switch to chatting about work and hobbies. People usually love to talk about their hobbies or jobs.

Good luck!

people also like talking about their children if they have any or nieces, nephews, etc. So that's a safe topic too. :)

Hi DD, as you know I have bad SA and for the donors I used, I never had an initial face to face without them donating, we discussed everything by e-mail first and then, when we both knew we wanted to go ahead with things, we met up for the donation. As you may recall from my journal, for one of my donors I had to travel by train for 4 hours with a change over and that was the WORSE my SA has ever been, it was terrifying; I even drove there and back once which was a 4 hour drive!!! BUT, for me, when something is this worth doing, and you want/need it that bad, you push the boundaries, you push through the fear (it isn't easy) and you do what has to be done. Thankfully, here I am blessed and 6 months pregnant :) Good luck :thumbup:

DD, I don't want to teach my grandmother to suck eggs (you US folks may not know what that means :winkwink:) but the book "Feel the Fear and do it anyway" by Susan Jeffers can be a great way to give you the boost you need to do just that, feel the fear but do it. Even if you've read it before, it can still help to remind yourself of the things within it :thumbup:

MIZCEE Take it easy Hun! Relax and try to wait it out. 5.5 wks is super early for scans. Alot of people don't see much at that time and even have spotting. As well, your numbers can't determine how far along you are, that is why there is a range for each week because some people have high numbers naturally or low. And there is the multiples thing, that creates pretty high numbers. It is however a plus that your numbers were high. Hang in there, thoughts, and prayers your way. Try to relax:dust:

LEAH so good to hear that you joining back into the "loveliness" of TTC and TWWs... GL :dust:

:wave: to all the Ladies here and :dust:

well got my positive digi opk this afternoon bout 3pm n doing donation bout 9pm tonight is that ok? we are doing three donations in a row and we did a donation Monday. is this good enough ??? I am temping to and he said were going to do the donations till ov is confirmed

Leah! Welcome back! Good 2 see you...

So... Crazy waiting game here. I'm at day 10 or 11 dpo here, depending on if you believe my o-cramps, the Clearblue monitor, or Fertility Friend.... ( go with your gut, I think!)

In any case- I have had mad symptoms and just feel diff this time! have been sick in waves, plus all sorts of odd cramps. sore bbs. sleepy neyond belief. ultra picky with food and my wife's cologne smells different, too. so... totally think this time I'm prego.

And the acupuncturist told me on Tuesday that I have the slippery pulse that means either pg (though like everything it also could mean AF is about to start. But AF shouldn't arrive before Saturday... So I'm optimistic?!?

But do I spoil the good feeling with a test?.. This is the question...terrified of a neg. they're freaking devastating...

Hi.

Is it ok if I come and join your thread? I'm not TTC yet - I have another whole year in uni still and then have to find a job, so it would be about 17/18 months before I TTC.

I am single and am planning to get pregnant (hopefully) by insemination, unless I happen to meet someone beforehand. I don't think I would be able to do insemination with someone I knew, so I plan to use a clinic. I would prefer a completely annonymous donation, and be able to do it myself. I have therefore decided that a clinic in Denmark sounds ideal. I'm thinking about travelling there and staying over there for a couple of nights at the right time as I think it would still end up working out cheaper than flying the sperm over to the UK.

We're now in the TWW. I am a hot mess emotionally.

Waiting to be in the 2ww still...should O at anytime. Good luck to you other ladies in the 2ww!

So, I got my positive opk tonight...yay! We inseminated nights ago and are doing another tonight, I will probably O tomorrow.

I know that I've seen questions about which opks to use, so I thought I'd share this info. First of all, let me say that I took opk tests at 6pm tonight and they were both (Clearblue Digital and Wondfo) negative. That was after not peeing for several hours. The ones in the picture were all done at 10pm. I only had one digital left so I decided to do the Wondfo first. The first one was really light, so I did another to be safe. I walked away and came back to one that wasn't quite positive and another that was. So I did one more before I decided to do the digital. It was positive! So, I just wanted to show you guys the difference between the 3 Wondfo tests...same urine, all within seconds of each other. These things play with your mind! lol

Attachments

• IMG_2088.jpg
    IMG_2088.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 9
Thanks Nimyra, I've written those down so I don't forget them :)

DD, I don't want to teach my grandmother to suck eggs (you US folks may not know what that means :winkwink:) but the book "Feel the Fear and do it anyway" by Susan Jeffers can be a great way to give you the boost you need to do just that, feel the fear but do it. Even if you've read it before, it can still help to remind yourself of the things within it :thumbup:

Yeah thanks - I read that book several years ago hoping to gain some wisdom from it, lol - unfortunately I found it over-simplified and a bit patronising :( I wish it were as simple as 'wanting it enough' :(

Thanks Nimyra, I've written those down so I don't forget them :)

Yeah thanks - I read that book several years ago hoping to gain some wisdom from it, lol - unfortunately I found it over-simplified and a bit patronising :( I wish it were as simple as 'wanting it enough' :(

Not simple, VERY tough, but we have to keep pushing ourselves in order to grow - that's my theory anyway :) Good luck, I hope you're able to get over that initial meeting :thumbup:

Hi everyone! Your posts have been so helpful. My husband and I are going to be trying at home incemination (multiple reasons which I won't get into here)...those of you who have done at home incemination successfully I would love your advice and how to. I am very nervous and feel overwhelmed on how in the world I am supposed to do this lol.

Hi everyone! Your posts have been so helpful. My husband and I are going to be trying at home incemination (multiple reasons which I won't get into here)...those of you who have done at home incemination successfully I would love your advice and how to. I am very nervous and feel overwhelmed on how in the world I am supposed to do this lol.

Go to the At Home Insemination Success Stories thread. There are many stories on there with details about how they did it! Welcome and GL!

Mummylou23- do you know how long your surge is usually? If you just got it and you have a short surge and your using fresh go for it. Everything I've read says fresh can last 72 hours. Frozen only 24hrs. So if your have a long surge maybe you want to wait. Good luck!

Sparklela- if you test knowing it maybe too early I say go for it. But if you will be disappointed don't.
I'm only day 2 of my 2WW and have decided its less stressful for me to just assume it didn't work. Wierd I know.

Thank you! I am still trying to wrap my head around all of this. I greatly appreciate the advice!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->