Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Exactly. I feel the same way about people with disabilities. My oldest daughter has developmental disabilities and severe medical issues. Her father and I don't treat her any differently than we treat her typically developing brother and sister, and her brother is very accepting of and protective of her and her disabilities, but now that he's in school, "in the real world", how can we continue to teach him, and others, that people with disabilities deserve the same treatment and rights as those who are typically developing?

It's not fair to my daughter to be called names to describe her disabilities, or to be excluded in activities because she doesn't function at the same level as other kids her age (she's only mildly delayed), but hopefully the more people "Spread the Word to End the Word", she can be treated as a societal equal.

Same with those in same sex relationships.

Exactly. I feel the same way about people with disabilities. My oldest daughter has developmental disabilities and severe medical issues. Her father and I don't treat her any differently than we treat her typically developing brother and sister, and her brother is very accepting of and protective of her and her disabilities, but now that he's in school, "in the real world", how can we continue to teach him, and others, that people with disabilities deserve the same treatment and rights as those who are typically developing?

It's not fair to my daughter to be called names to describe her disabilities, or to be excluded in activities because she doesn't function at the same level as other kids her age (she's only mildly delayed), but hopefully the more people "Spread the Word to End the Word", she can be treated as a societal equal.

Same with those in same sex relationships.

Completely agree! I'm gay and a special education teacher....you put it perfectly!

So, I did some research on the At-Home Success Stories thread because I was curious about how many people had used what methods. It's silly I know, but its what I do...So, here are the stats:

There were approximately 43 successful pregnancies reported through at-home insemination. Out of those 43:
74% of these were conceived in the first 3 months
86% were conceived in the first 6 months
20 of them used a syringe (no softcup)
17 used softcups either alone or in addition to a syringe
12 used either preseed or conceive plus
4 used a catheter with their syringe to get closer to the cervix

Hope this helps someone! lol

You really are type A -lol

It's awesome. Was there data relating to frozen/shipped/fresh semen in regards to the time it took to conceive?

I am type A! :blush: I didn't check but I may go back and do that too!

Most of us used fresh... although I think I remember a couple of shipping successes. I can't recall any at-home successes with frozen sperm at least on these threads.

LAURAC1988 GL Hun!!! I hope you get the word out. That is something that we fight for here in the US in each state.... I am blessed enough to live in and near more than one that has legalized same-sex marriage/equality. We are however still fighting in each state to have it a federally recognized thing as the federal government holds more of our laws than any one state alone. GL!

SPARKLELA Welcome back, I remember you and I am wishing you and DW much luck and success in TTC! CONGRATS on the marriage and the new place! :dust:

NIM I haven't written on the success stories, much, because I would have had to write 4 times and only 2 thus far are sticking. We have 1 DD and I am carrying another. We have been successful with frozen swimmers. We have been successful with shipped swimmers. We have not used a known donor at all and we not had a donor come to us or us to them to donate. So I would say all of our swimmers have been frozen and or shipped. If that helps with updating.

Just wanted to check in, I have been self-inseminating at home (DH is infertile) through the known donor registry, shipped overnight on a cool pack (not frozen), had a success last summer and then MC at about 4 weeks, we are trying again this month after a couple months off because of the holidays, etc. I'm cautiously hopeful.

I'm happy to hear some people are having success with frozen. My partner and I tried 5 times in 11' with her and no success. So now I'm going to give it a shot this month. I am so worried I can't get pregnant (no reason, just worried) its starting to give me axiety. :/

LAURAC1988 GL Hun!!! I hope you get the word out. That is something that we fight for here in the US in each state.... I am blessed enough to live in and near more than one that has legalized same-sex marriage/equality. We are however still fighting in each state to have it a federally recognized thing as the federal government holds more of our laws than any one state alone. GL!

SPARKLELA Welcome back, I remember you and I am wishing you and DW much luck and success in TTC! CONGRATS on the marriage and the new place! :dust:

NIM I haven't written on the success stories, much, because I would have had to write 4 times and only 2 thus far are sticking. We have 1 DD and I am carrying another. We have been successful with frozen swimmers. We have been successful with shipped swimmers. We have not used a known donor at all and we not had a donor come to us or us to them to donate. So I would say all of our swimmers have been frozen and or shipped. If that helps with updating.
This was inspiring for me...

We used fresh the first time and now we're using shipped. I am having anxiety about using shipped and it's so great to hear that it is successful.

its been quiet on here for a few days how is everyone I am on another cycle I am cd 8 at the moment and we are doing the smep at the moment so hoping that goes well I got brand new 20 box of clearblue digi ov tests for 15 plus 5 p n p off ebay and she has sent them via yodel so using them this month plus also I am doing temp with a new temper lol the one tht reads like 36.42 for eg,

Hello everyone! My partner and I are using frozen/shipped for the first time next month. The bank we use has an online forum FULL of successful pregnancies from frozen/shipped.

Goodluck!

Good luck, piperdilly!

The update from germany: I'm now well into my tww and am cautiously optimistic... Somehow this time feels different.

Fingers crossed and baby dust to everyone!

Ps-- how do you all link charts and tickers to your posts?

We are about to enter the 2ww again... Baby dust to all!

If you look at the charts/tickers there is usually a share link. I copy it and then paste it under the signature option under User CP on here.

Piperdilly what online bank are you going with? We only have one locally and they are very nice but get really busy so a call back takes a while.
We just got my first +opk today! But the clinic said they recommend 24-48 hrs after. Anyone had success with this?

Fingers crossed and baby dust to you all.

You ovulate 24-48 hours after you get a positive opk. Then the egg can last up to 24 hours. So I would suggest within 24 hours of positive opk...but I'm no doctor! Lol

Jury3- doctor or not I really appreciate the tips. My partner and I have very little patience and a fair amount of anxiety. :/
I guess tomorrow will start our 2WW :)

Good luck! We just started last month, but I'm constantly doing research! I was very anxiety ridden the first month...this month I'm a little more relaxed. Hopefully we'll go into the 2ww together! :dust:

Good Luck to all of you LADIES in the TWW!!! As well as those getting their donations to enter the TWW. I hope that this is your BFP cycle! :dust:

:wave: to all the new joiners. :dust:

hi all,

sooooo i started spotting yeterday :( it continued on all day and by evening i was thoroughly freaked out so we went to the er and had blood work and an ultrasound done, my hcg looked good at almost 14,000 the dr said that was on schedule for about 7 wks (i know i can not be 7 wks yet) and the ultrasound shows to b about 5.5 wks which is right on with my calculations. he saw the sac but nothing inside, which ive read alot online, but he was a little cncerned about it, he said usually something should be visible by then, so for he next 2 days im suppose to take it easy and will retest n do another u/s on the 14th

im so worried :/ ive continued to spot just as much as yesterday, not enough to fill a pad, nothing is really getting on the pad honestly, but there is some every time i wipe. i dont know what to think, the dr said its not great news, but its not neccessarily bad either so i guess we will just wait and see. any of you have anything similar happen?

Guess who's back on the TTC rollercoster?!?!?! WE ARE :)
DW let me know yesterday that she is ready to start trying again. SHe feels physically and emotionally ready to. Her cycle is due in about a week. We will be doing SMEP again. We have gotten all settled into the new house, the nursery is pulled shut and ready to be opened like a gift. I feel like I am walking on clouds. I am ready for my forever baby. I hope all is well. I have missed all of you and our chats durring my time away.

Thinking of you mizcee, lots of :dust: your way :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Leah, that's great news, very exciting :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"