Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

You might talk with your donor and see what they are more comfortable with. We were doing jar, pick up with syringe then put in cup. This month we tried straight into the cup after talking to our donor and making sure he was ok with it. I feel like we waste less of it and it doesn't get jostled around as much when it goes straight into the cup. When you syringe it out of the jar, there always seems to be a little bit of residue left and there is always a very small amount we can't get into the syringe.

I don't know about the trigger shot. How long after trigger shot are you supposed to O? They say sperm should be up there the day before so it's up there and waiting. Good luck!

Sooo congratulations Leah! Ad to your wifey of course. That's so amazing. Xxx

Hi everyone. Things here are going well. (Of course that is the view of the one who isn't getting sick in the evenings) DW is still quite nervous and I don't think she will be able to exhale until we see our bean tucked in the right spot. Tuesday feels like an eternity away but I am reassured by how different this time is from the last. DW simply can't eat and sleep enough. Lol! She wakes up with a rumbly tummy and she isn't typically a breakfast eater. Things to me just seem like they should this time. I just can't wait to have that confirmed and allow the celebration to commence.

Thanks for the info right into the cup were my thoughts as well.
They say usually around 36 hours after the trigger. I was thinking of doing an insemination the night of trigger, since fresh sperm lives longer. Then skipping a day than doing it the following day. Hope I can get this right. Not sure if that timing would be the best?

I love your updates Leah!!! And that is a NICE BFP :cloud9:

They say usually around 36 hours after the trigger. I was thinking of doing an insemination the night of trigger, since fresh sperm lives longer. Then skipping a day than doing it the following day. Hope I can get this right. Not sure if that timing would be the best?

What if you did the day of the trigger and the day after the trigger? I think that's what I would do. If you O 36 hours after, then you will probably O the day after the shot. Then the egg lives about 24 hours, so depending on when you get the shot, that might be cutting it close to missing the egg with that last donation (if you did it 2 days after the shot). Either way I'm sure it will be fine!

What if you did the day of the trigger and the day after the trigger? I think that's what I would do. If you O 36 hours after, then you will probably O the day after the shot. Then the egg lives about 24 hours, so depending on when you get the shot, that might be cutting it close to missing the egg with that last donation (if you did it 2 days after the shot). Either way I'm sure it will be fine!

I agree with Jury. Definitely want to do the day of trigger plus the day after. In fact, I'd get my first donation as close to the trigger as possible.

I've always heard that the #1 best day for insems is the day of pos opk (equivalent to trigger) and the next best day with fresh sperm is actually the day before pos opk.

But I've been doing the day of pos opk plus day after.

Well no af for me at all I had that pinky when wiped last fri and sat an nothing since I had a 18 dpo last month so was 18 dpo (due on) when the pinky stuff happened yet when take something out of ff puts it 5 and 6 dpo when got it. And feeling snappy moody tired and irritated and snappy at oh which I'm not normally lol.

Hmmm this is the part I'm having the hardest time with. Forsure the day of the trigger well evening of the trigger. Then from what I have been reading it takes 36 hours for the sperm to regain itself ( i guess that's what you'd say haha )... so maybe the following evening?

When doing an IUI with frozen sperm I would trigger say Fri night then IUI the next morning around 10am then again the sunday morning at 10am...

We're getting married on Monday!!!!!

:wedding:

It is an impromptu back yard intimate wedding and I am positively on :cloud9:

Congrats Leah! That sounds like a great plan! I love intimate, backyard weddings!

LEAH!!!!

i am so os sososoososo pleased for you!! congratulations! super congratulations. ahhhhh i am on cloud nine for you guys!!

xxxx

Hi everyone. Things here are going well. (Of course that is the view of the one who isn't getting sick in the evenings) DW is still quite nervous and I don't think she will be able to exhale until we see our bean tucked in the right spot. Tuesday feels like an eternity away but I am reassured by how different this time is from the last. DW simply can't eat and sleep enough. Lol! She wakes up with a rumbly tummy and she isn't typically a breakfast eater. Things to me just seem like they should this time. I just can't wait to have that confirmed and allow the celebration to commence.

yayyyyy leah! Im so happy you got your bfp ive been following and I know its been a difficult road, congrats! wishing u both the best!

Aw congratulations Leah! So happy for you.

Good luck Laura, FX for you.

AFM, I had my last insemination for #2 last night and I got a smiley face on the ClearBlue digital ovulation test yesterday morning so hopefully I timed it right.

I'm having some family problems at the minute though, with me not getting pregnant the first month, my parents think that it's never going to work and that it's just a waste of time. They've always been so supportive so I was shocked when they were saying all this to me, it just came out of nowhere. I told them that it might take a while for it to happen and I've even showed them some of the success stories from here but they're still not satisfied that it can work and think it's "pointless". My friends are great and they've been supporting me through all of this but I feel like whenever I tell my parents stuff now about TTC that they aren't even going to care. I'm very confused to why they would just change thier mind about this all of a sudden.

On a positive note though, I'm now in the two week wait again x

Leah, so many exciting things happening!! Congratulations :)

Good luck, Laura :)

And Jasmine, I'm sorry that you're not getting the kind of support you need from your family. This is stressful enough without that added element. They'll change their tune when they're holding your little munchkin, no doubt ;) But its tough in the interim. I'm glad you have friends who are supportive. We haven't told anyone that we're TTC, because I didn't want the extra pressure and questions. I feel like I wouldn't get the kind of backing I'd need, either. :hug:

Yeah I know for a fact they'll be all for it and supportive as soon as I get pregnant but I feel like until I actually get that bfp that they won't actually acknowledge what I'm doing and think it's just a waste of time.

I get what you're saying about the extra pressure too, that's why I only told a few of my family and friends. I see you have a partner so you can support each other but I'm single so I would probably feel pretty alone right now if I didn't tell anyone what I was doing. I'm just thankful that I have such supportive friends who reassure me that what I'm doing and what I'm going through will be worth it in the end, which I know it will, I just wish my parents would see that too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->