Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Congrats Leah. I'm so chuffed for you:flower:

I'm just hoping for a little advice ladies. I don't chart so i usually count the day after my +ve opk as ovulation. Anyway at 9dpo, 10dpo and 11dpo I had spotting which is why I told you all that I thought I was out. However yesterday and today(12&13dpo) I've had no spotting at all. This is really out of the ordinary for me! The spotting usually gets heavier and heavier until AF arrives. I'm scared to do a hpt as I had already convinced myself I was out this month and I don't want to get my hopes up then have them shattered again. What do you ladies think? I have been taking a vitb50 complex to help with the spotting this month. Advice please!!!

I'm just hoping for a little advice ladies. I don't chart so i usually count the day after my +ve opk as ovulation. Anyway at 9dpo, 10dpo and 11dpo I had spotting which is why I told you all that I thought I was out. However yesterday and today(12&13dpo) I've had no spotting at all. This is really out of the ordinary for me! The spotting usually gets heavier and heavier until AF arrives. I'm scared to do a hpt as I had already convinced myself I was out this month and I don't want to get my hopes up then have them shattered again. What do you ladies think? I have been taking a vitb50 complex to help with the spotting this month. Advice please!!!

If you're not charting and therefore can't read temperatures, I think the only way you'll know for sure is to test.

Yeah I know for a fact they'll be all for it and supportive as soon as I get pregnant but I feel like until I actually get that bfp that they won't actually acknowledge what I'm doing and think it's just a waste of time.

I get what you're saying about the extra pressure too, that's why I only told a few of my family and friends. I see you have a partner so you can support each other but I'm single so I would probably feel pretty alone right now if I didn't tell anyone what I was doing. I'm just thankful that I have such supportive friends who reassure me that what I'm doing and what I'm going through will be worth it in the end, which I know it will, I just wish my parents would see that too x

Support is so important. I'd go bonkers without my wife! You really need someone to share with, so I'm glad at least your friends are there for you. And your family may come around sooner than you think, too... though family is always the toughest, in my experience! Fx and xoxoxo

I started my new ttc journal. Would love some stalkers https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...-bit-pixie-dust-laura-amys-ttc-1-journal.html

You're far enough where a HPT should be accurate... but if you're afraid of the bfn, I'd say wait and see if AF shows. Vitamins could be helping, or you might be bfp :) I'd probably wait it out, but I'm the sensitive type :p

I agree with the other girls, either you'll have to test or just wait and see if AF shows. When does AF usually show up?

Well I tested and I'm not sure if it was positive or if its my imagination from squinting for too long! I'm going to go out today and get some of the CB digital ones that say pregnant or not on them. DH looked at the test and thought there was a very faint line but neither of us quite believe it so definitely need to retest! Still no AF yet so I'm definitely late now!
Thanks for the advice ladies:flower:

Ooh, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! Don't suppose the line would show up in a pic, I love looking at other people's tests :winkwink: the best of luck!

@2moms2be

Yeah hopefully they'll come around sooner rather than later, I'd hate to go through all of this without their support.

My best friend stays with me the week that I do the inseminations though, she's really great, although she almost throws up every time she has to suck the semen into the syringe. :haha: I've told her that I'll do it when we get back home but she doesn't want to waste any time so she sucks it up into the syringe on the way back from the donors house so I can inseminate as soon as I get back.

Thank you, FX for you and your wife too xxx

OK so I've been secretly lurking in here and since my partner and I are still WTT, I haven't felt right posting since I'm not really in your boat yet-though definitely plan to be. I just had to pop in here and congratulate Nimrya and Leah on their respective BFP's-I was so excited to see them I actually squealed, I've been following your journeys and am so glad that you lovely ladies have had success. It is well deserved! Wishing you both sticky healthy beans :D

Well folks....this week may go down in history as the most exciting week ever! We were married yesterday in a beautiful ceremony and had a lovely time with our family and friends, we go to the Dr today to make sure that our little peanut is in the right spot, and my baby sister is being induced on Thursday and my new nephew will be here. I could just pop from all of the joy.

Okay. I'm so confused.

I've been using the Clearblue digital OPK's, started Monday, which was CD10. All negative. Today is CD12. My body is giving me lots of fertile signs... lots of CM, my CP is high and it feels soft... everything looks like I'm in my fertile period.

It's still early for me. Last cycle, I O'd on CD15, but before that, it was CD18/19 and once, CD27! So I'm a bit irregular.

But I'm getting negative OPK's... even on the digis... aren't they supposed to detect your rising estrogen, too? So that you know O is approaching? Used cheapie OPK's Monday evening and yesterday evening, and those were negative, too.

Our donor is an hour away, so to make this convenient for him, we're going to get a hotel up there for a few nights. We're thinking we'll stay Friday (CD14) and Saturday (CD15) nights, and try to get three donations... Friday night/early Sat morning, Saturday evening, and Sunday morning. That gives us two more days to see if I get a smiley...

I just don't know what to think. I don't want to miss it by waiting too long (can I trust the smileys, do you think?), though I think it's still too early. I also don't want to do it too early and then have to keep doing this for weeks. UGH!

What do you guys think? I'm stressing! This is our first cycle, and I don't want to make myself too nutty and delay my O even more, sheesh :wacko:

You're just doing the ones with either a circle (negative) or a smiley (positive), right? That's what I use. They only detect a surge in lh. I usually get a smiley the day before O with the clearblue digitals.
I know there are digital options that can tell you as you approach O, but I think you have to use them for a while so they learn your cycle. I don't know much about them though.
Honestly I don't know what to say about when to do the insems...you know your body better than any of us. Let's just hope you don't get a smiley at least until Friday! Sorry I know that's not much help...

You're just doing the ones with either a circle (negative) or a smiley (positive), right? That's what I use. They only detect a surge in lh. I usually get a smiley the day before O with the clearblue digitals.
I know there are digital options that can tell you as you approach O, but I think you have to use them for a while so they learn your cycle. I don't know much about them though.
Honestly I don't know what to say about when to do the insems...you know your body better than any of us. Let's just hope you don't get a smiley at least until Friday! Sorry I know that's not much help...

I'm using the ones that show the circle for non-fertile days, the flashing smiley for "high fertility" days, and the solid smiley for "peak" fertility/LH surge. I've never used them before, only the dip-stick OPK's, so I'm not really sure yet how they work for me. So far, I've only gotten the circle... even though I definitely feel fertile.

I'm thinking I may try to do an insem tomorrow night, too, just in case... going to take a dip-stick OPK this evening, and we'll see. I'm just worried that these digi things don't work so well for me and I'll miss it... but mostly I'm just freaking out because this is so new :p

Bahaha.

Thank you <3

FX for a smiley tomorrow or Friday...

My wife is like, "You need to stay calm and focused," and I'm over here like "I think peeing on a stick is bad for my brainnnnn!" :p

Lol I've never used them, so I'm not sure. It's very scary the first time! You are so worried about timing. I think after a few months of it you start to relax about it lol It would be nice if our bodies could always be consistent so we know what to expect!

I'm using the ones that show the circle for non-fertile days, the flashing smiley for "high fertility" days, and the solid smiley for "peak" fertility/LH surge. I've never used them before, only the dip-stick OPK's, so I'm not really sure yet how they work for me. So far, I've only gotten the circle... even though I definitely feel fertile.

I'm thinking I may try to do an insem tomorrow night, too, just in case... going to take a dip-stick OPK this evening, and we'll see. I'm just worried that these digi things don't work so well for me and I'll miss it... but mostly I'm just freaking out because this is so new :p

Bahaha.

Thank you <3

My wife is like, "You need to stay calm and focused," and I'm over here like "I think peeing on a stick is bad for my brainnnnn!" :p

I am of no help on your questions -- BUT We're doing our first insemination this weekend too!! I'm still waiting for my signs, but I'm only on CD 10 so not expecting anything for another day or 2 anyway. Lots of :dust: to you though!!

leah any news on baby?
well as for me - still nothing - sore nipples hungry more snapy tired
loads of cm etc. hvnt tsted

Bahaha.

Thank you <3

I am of no help on your questions -- BUT We're doing our first insemination this weekend too!! I'm still waiting for my signs, but I'm only on CD 10 so not expecting anything for another day or 2 anyway. Lots of :dust: to you though!!

So exciting that we're so close! I just took a dip-stick OPK about half an hour ago... still negative. This is driving me bananas LOL... I've been taking evening primrose oil this cycle to help with my CM, because I normally only get about two days of iffy CM... and now I'm on my third day of crazy CM, and it's only CD12! I think that's what's throwing me off this time and making me think my body's doing wacky things, haha.

My wife, bless her heart... she's like "relax, and we'll go by the tests, and if they don't work for us this cycle, we'll do it differently next." She's so patient and lovely.

How many insems are you planning to do, and when? And what method are you using? We're using preseed & syringes.... considering asking for a Thursday night donation, as well, just because my body's feeling so fertile. Not sure yet, though.

Wheee! This is exciting! And maddening. Lots of :dust: for you, too!

Bahaha.

Thank you <3

So exciting that we're so close! I just took a dip-stick OPK about half an hour ago... still negative. This is driving me bananas LOL... I've been taking evening primrose oil this cycle to help with my CM, because I normally only get about two days of iffy CM... and now I'm on my third day of crazy CM, and it's only CD12! I think that's what's throwing me off this time and making me think my body's doing wacky things, haha.

My wife, bless her heart... she's like "relax, and we'll go by the tests, and if they don't work for us this cycle, we'll do it differently next." She's so patient and lovely.

How many insems are you planning to do, and when? And what method are you using? We're using preseed & syringes.... considering asking for a Thursday night donation, as well, just because my body's feeling so fertile. Not sure yet, though.

Wheee! This is exciting! And maddening. Lots of :dust: for you, too!

We're doing Friday, Saturday, 2 on Sunday and 1 Monday -- CDs 12 - 15 for me! Our donor is backloading a syringe and we're going to use that with preseed, then a soft cup for good measure!

Your wife is right, what will be will be, that's how we're approaching it, while we don't want it to take forever, it will happen when it's right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->