Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I cannot say enough about how much this board helps me! Dr wants to schedule hsg next cycle- says he can't see anything that should prevent me getting pregnant: all blood tests are normal, I have great follies, egg reserve is good, donor's swimmers were tested and great, cervix opens around o, gobs of cm. So, he wants to check tubes for blockages- and he said that after hsg you are very fertile. Got any input on this? I don't know anyone who has ever had this done.

We have tried softcups in the past, and they were very uncomfortable and would not stay in properly. We are gonna do some more practice next cycle before we start inseminations. Anyone know why they may not fit properly?

Prayers for some bfps this month for all you girls waiting!

I've heard that you're very fertile following an HSG. Never had one myself, so no first-hand experience, but hey -- something to be hopeful about :)

And I agree with ace re: the softcups... are you sticking them up far enough? I can't feel them at all when they're in properly, but until that point, they're extremely uncomfortable. My problem is always getting them back OUT :wacko: I've never put them in myself; DW always does it, because she can see what she's doing and get a better angle, haha. Do you do it yourself? If so, maybe a little help is all you need.

I've never used softcups. My youngest is a donor baby, and after M made his donation, I used a medicine syringe and sucked up the donation, made myself comfortable on two pillows under my butt, then inserted it as close to the cervix as possible. I then let the donation go and left the syringe in while I "helped myself out". I then took the syringe out, put a panty liner in my underwear and went about my day. Two hours later, I had a shower and 10 days later, I got a BFP.

That was on the first try.

I've heard that you're very fertile following an HSG. Never had one myself, so no first-hand experience, but hey -- something to be hopeful about :)

And I agree with ace re: the softcups... are you sticking them up far enough? I can't feel them at all when they're in properly, but until that point, they're extremely uncomfortable. My problem is always getting them back OUT :wacko: I've never put them in myself; DW always does it, because she can see what she's doing and get a better angle, haha. Do you do it yourself? If so, maybe a little help is all you need.

HEYY!!! How are you!?!?! hows this cycle going for you so far?? I see your temp is staying up.. thats a good thing :) :happydance:

HEYY!!! How are you!?!?! hows this cycle going for you so far?? I see your temp is staying up.. thats a good thing :) :happydance:

Hey you :) I'm 8DPO today, and hanging in there. Not much to report. Temps where they should be, and my nipples have been super sensitive & sore for two days now... which is unusual for me. But otherwise... just chillin' in the tww!

How are you?? Wedding is so close now!!! Are you a raging bridezilla yet? ;)

Hey you :) I'm 8DPO today, and hanging in there. Not much to report. Temps where they should be, and my nipples have been super sensitive & sore for two days now... which is unusual for me. But otherwise... just chillin' in the tww!

I'm glad your having some type of symptoms that your not use to having.. keeping FX that its a good sign :)

:haha: Who me Bridezilla NEVA :rofl: We stayed up late last night started working on center pieces and other decoration type stuff and I managed to wrap my brides maids gifts... didn't go to bed until around midnight and had to get up at 3:30am for work :wacko: .. Needless to say im EXHAUSTED lol.. but I know it worth it..

I got excited that my FF told me I O'd same time my apps said I O'd so now i know that my body is kinda synced with it.. can't wait to try for next month :dance: I want a little turkey :haha:

so when is AF do to be late?

I'm glad your having some type of symptoms that your not use to having.. keeping FX that its a good sign :)

:haha: Who me Bridezilla NEVA :rofl: We stayed up late last night started working on center pieces and other decoration type stuff and I managed to wrap my brides maids gifts... didn't go to bed until around midnight and had to get up at 3:30am for work :wacko: .. Needless to say im EXHAUSTED lol.. but I know it worth it..

I got excited that my FF told me I O'd same time my apps said I O'd so now i know that my body is kinda synced with it.. can't wait to try for next month :dance: I want a little turkey :haha:

so when is AF do to be late?

Wedding planning is so consuming! But you're right -- it'll all be worth it when your day comes together. I'm so excited for you guys :) are you doing the big name change?

AF will officially be late the 30th. My LP is 14-16 days (it's weird that it varies; I know), so that'll be 18 DPO. I will start to spot a bit at 12DPO (Thursday the 24th), so if that doesn't happen, I'll be suspicious :)

My update.....hands are shaking, can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ddo062888/20131021_092047.jpg

My update.....hands are shaking, can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ddo062888/20131021_092047.jpg

OMG yaaaaaaay!!!! Congratulations that is AMAZING!!!!!!!!! When did you test/how many DPO????

YAY!!!

Grassroots!!! Congratulations that is WONDERFUL!!!
You must be over the moon.
Have a H&H 9 months yipppeeee!!

What did you do differently this cycle? We are all super eager to hear :)

Grassroots!! Congratulations that is wonderful news.

Did you do anything different this cycle regarding insems, supps etc.

Congrats again!!! You must be so excited :)

APologies I just posted twice --- thought the first one didn't work :)

Congrats GR, a very happy and healthy 9 months and beyond to you :D

Thanks, y'all. I had been testing up until 12DPO and gave up, honestly. Wasn't seeing anything so I quit. AF was due on Saturday, no show. No symptoms. Sunday I took a test and didn't see a second line right away so I went back to bed. Noticed a second line when I woke up a couple hours later. Took another test, w/ crazy faint lines - took two more yesterday afternoon, same thing. Took another this morning, another crazy faint line on an IC. Took the digital figuring it was gonna be negative, and it was +!!!

This was my mid-afternoon pee after holding it for an hour or two max. Concerned that the line is so faint, though. Shouldn't it be much darker at this point?? I'm 16dpo!! 15dpo at the earliest. And I've had a little brown spotting this afternoon, too, which is scaring me :( Not enough to get on my undies, only when I wipe, so I'm just crossing my fingers

This was the FRER this afternoon:

https://s11.postimg.org/qhwxbv4lf/1374840_10201616684517409_1612548801_n.jpg

Some people never really get majorly dark lines. I always thought a 'pregnant' on a digital was a really good sign though cos I think those tests are less sensitive, at least that's what I've read.

I agree with ticking and brown blood can be old blood. Also, there was a lady in here who's kept in touch in my journal, who had a real rough start to her pregnancy, lots of bright red blood but she went on to have a healthy baby.

Have you made an appointment to see a dr?

Lots of sticky :dust:

I spent half the day in the ER and found out I am already miscarrying :( So heartbroken

GR that is AWFUL. Honey, I am so, so sorry.:cry::cry::cry:

Major hugs coming your way. Be gentle with yourself in the coming weeks.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->