Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I'm baaack!!! So happy to see you guys are still here chatting!!! :happydance:

Guess what we just did today - for the first time in a VERY LONG time!!

We sort of took a couple year break from TTC!

Do Mine Eyes Deceive Me?!?!?!

RUBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy to see you. Did you just get a donation?! Congrats!!

How'd you find the lucky donor? Is he one you used before? (Or are you guys sperm banking... I can't remember now)

As you can see I'm expecting again... this time after a loss which is a whole different ballgame. But I'm hanging in there. Bought a fetal doppler this week which I'm obsessed with... Its hard to only use it once per day (and I know even that is a bit excessive). It helps me feel more reassured though.

I used a different donor this time (and it was a different one yet again with the baby I lost). So far so good.

How's everything going with work and your little (not so little now) man?

I'm off facebook for good, but hope to still periodically be in touch with Erin (Epdttc) although its been a while now.

<3 Baby dust for this month!

Welcome back Ruby! Although I'm no longer trying at home, I still stalk this thread and have asked about you.

Hi Cranberry!!! :wave: That's so cool that your baby was born 11/11/11! How neat!

Em, I was so sad when I realized you were no longer on FB - but glad we can now re-connect! Erin is still on my FB! Why did you decide to deactivate your account?

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! Lots of baby dust for a long healthy 9 months!!!

We tried so many times with donors we found online & with frozen sperm shipped to the house - and my partner & I both tried!! We spent ALL of the money we had saved & were so disappointed. I guess we sort of gave up! But we both want a baby desperately!

Oddly enough, a co-worker of my partner offered to donate to us a few months ago!! Just randomly!! We were unsure bc he is in his 50s, plus OH thought it might make for an awkward work environment -- but after a lot of debate & discussion -- we decided to give it a try!

We had one donation yesterday. Hopefully, next month he will be available for three days in a row!

WOW, the very lady who started this thread, I've often wondered how you were!

Great too see you again, buckets of baby dust your way :dust:

I used a Doppler for reassurance too Nimyra, it really helped until she was regularly kicking away at me :haha:

Hi c.30! :wave:

Nimyra - I had rented a Doppler when I was preggo too! It was very reassuring! It's nerve wracking not knowing what's going on in there for 9 very long months!!

Hi Ruby! Welcome back... I feel like I'm meeting a celebrity :rofl:

Wishing you lots and lots of luck this time around :thumbup:

I feel like I'm meeting a celebrity :rofl:

Yep, I reckon she is. If it wasn't for Ruby starting this thread, I and many other women wouldn't have found it through googling, wouldn't have gotten the VAST amount of knowledge and support it offers and possibly wouldn't have found out that this method existed. :thumbup:

Hi ruby! I don't know you but hi just the same!

As for me, I am ecstatic today because the donor we have been talking with, who I'd all but given up on because he stopped responding, and who lives within an hour drive, finally got back to us today and wants to meet tomorrow! Yay! So I don't have to resort to shipping after all, hallelujah!

OPKs are getting steadily darker. Weird high temp today but I remember waking up in the middle of the night with my heart racing and feeling panicked... Don't think I slept too well last night which probably explains high temp. Hopefully it goes down tomorrow. Having loads of CM- feels very wet and is creamy colored. So, I think it's safe to say I'm getting there!

Hi ladies!!!

So I'm doing my first post-tubal-reversal insem in the morning. I am sooooo beyond and excited. My daughter took on the first try so hopefully this one will too. I just took an OPK and it is VERY close to positive. Based on how my cycle should have been, I should have ovulated today but it was two days late, so I'm set to ovulate on Monday.

Fingers are crossed here!

ace28 - Happy to hear that your donor contacted you!!

I forget now about CM and timing - When is the best time to inseminate?

On Wednesday my partner had sticky discharge
Thursday it was more white and thicker
Thursday night she had the biggest glop
Friday it was mostly clear wetness
Now today (Saturday) it was all dried up

Sorry to be so graphic - but which day (if only able to choose one) during that process is best for insemination. Which day would indicate ovulation?

Thanks Ruby!

https://www.likeamustardseed.com/2013/01/05/cervical-mucus-essential-for-natural-fertility/ Hope this helps!

Ruby,

I'd go for clear wetness.

I got off facebook because it was too much drama. And I needed a bit more privacy. Mostly the drama though.

I wish the Doppler could totally reassure me... I'm also feeling intermittent cramps, irritation (being treated for BV but not totally cleared up), and worrying constantly about cervical length. Wish I could get a grip.

All the same, the Doppler does help.

K ladies, help me out. I THINK these are FINALLY my positive OPKs. Are they? Please?

The top was taken at 10:00pm Oct. 26. The bottom at 6:25am on Oct. 27. It's 6:30am Oct. 27 and I'm leaving in two hours to go meet with M and enter the TWW The picture was taken at the 3 minute mark for the bottom one.

Attachments

• 20131027_062948.jpg
    20131027_062948.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1
I'd go for Friday too Ruby.

They look positive to me Brandi, good luck :dust: :thumbup:

:happydance: We inseminated on Friday - so that's good! Yaayy!

Brandi - Looks like it's pos & perfect timing! :thumbup:

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->