Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Thank you so much. I know nothing about miscarriages, this is my first so I'm really not sure what to expect and heartbroken that this will end up putting me even farther away from a baby. :( I am so sad.

I am so sorry :hugs:

I had a miscarriage 2 months before getting pregnant with Deanna (I took the following month off ) and it is just awful.

Ace is right, be gentle with yourself. We are here for you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

GrassRoots- I, myself, have not been through a miscarriage, so I do not have much to offer as to what you may experience physically. I have been through a loss due to premature labor. There really aren't two woman who experience this grief the same. There are lots of online support groups, and may even be groups that meet in your town (your dr office may know how to contact them).

For all you tempers, I am in need of advice. I cannot temp consistently. When DH is on days (he works shiftwork), I get up at 430am because it's the only time we get together. Most other days, I am up at 7am. How accurate will my chart be if I am using a temp adjuster half the time of more?

Oh, Grassroots, I'm so sorry. :hugs: What an awful thing to go through. Take good care of yourself, and know that you are being thought of <3

As for me... started spotting today. Bright red, and a day early. So it's looking like cycle #3 is a bust. All day long I've just been wanting to cry for no reason (thanks, hormones) -- at least now I've got a reason :dohh: Well. Chin up, and keep on keepin' on, right?

Grassroots so sorry :( that is absolutely heartbreaking.
Sending you love and healing.

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement, girls. <3 Hopefully I'll be back in the TTC-realm soon and have a sticky baby next time.

Grassroots I know it's hard to come to terms with but at least you know you can get pregnant!! I've never had a BFP in my life!!
And they say your body sometimes needs to learn how to be preggy so now your body knows your sticky stay!!

GrassRoots,

The cycle before this current BFP I had what I consider a chemical pregnancy... I had squinter lines that darkened enough to call it a real BFP then started fading again the next day. Started bleeding 2 days later.

Then the very next cycle I had a strong ovulation and another BFP.

Sometimes I think our bodies do that... The egg isnt' quite strong enough one month, but then the body gears up properly and you get a better egg right away.

I'm sorry for your loss, but hopeful that your sticky bean is coming soon.

Blessings~

Oh yeah I've heard you're more fertile after a miscarriage. But you don't need to think about that right now or take time away from mourning this baby. Just when you're ready.

You are more fertile for 6 months after a miscarriage,
I had a missed miscarriage (baby dies but body doesn't show it so isn't found out until a scan detects it) my baby had died 3 weeks before we found out, I had to have an operation to remove the baby and 7 weeks later I fell pregnant with Aubree our first time trying.
Never give up hope x

I always got pregnant the month after a mc too

Currently in the 2ww! Used Noahs donor again,so hope it takes 1st time like he did!

Still struggling with the temping. Had a very rough morning- donor had STD testing this morning and asked DH to come with, but both of our phones died and no alarm went off. DH is concerned that donor might see this as a lack of commitment. He's been trying to reach donor since, to apologize.
We haven't even began actively trying and already the stress is mounting. We are now considering going straight to iui after the hsg- because of the idea that it might make me more fertile. Gonna practice with some softcups over the next two weeks or so...guess we will just go from there.

We are talking with a donor right now who is a "shipping donor." He's offered to pay all shipping costs which is cool, but I know NOTHING about using shipping donors. Anyone had one? Good experience? Bad?

We are talking with a donor right now who is a "shipping donor." He's offered to pay all shipping costs which is cool, but I know NOTHING about using shipping donors. Anyone had one? Good experience? Bad?

All I know is that using shipping can get expensive, take longer to achieve pregnancy, and add a few steps to the process. We have never used a shipping donor, but we did consider it, so I did some research. KnownDonorRegistry.com has some good information about using a shipping donor. You can also find donors who ship or recipients who will answer questions you may have. Sorry if this wasn't much help.

I'm baaack!!! So happy to see you guys are still here chatting!!! :happydance:

Guess what we just did today - for the first time in a VERY LONG time!!

We sort of took a couple year break from TTC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->