Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

How cool that we have the founder the thread here!!! Good luck! Good luck to all you ladies receiving donations and in tww.

I had a temp drop and some light bleeding today. If this is AF, it's early and my cycle is shorter than normal. Anyone know is evening primrose may mess with cycle?
I will schedule hsg tomorrow, hopeful donor will be available for donation even though it will be earlier than previously expected. I suppose this is what I get for being so impatient.

I just wanted to come in and say thank you to all of you who offered lots of encouraging words and support over this past week. I'm so happy to see so many stories of success after a loss. The MC is over now and I'll just be waiting for ovulation. I feel a little guilty for being ready to jump back in to it but I know I'm emotionally okay. I'm still sad and heartbroken but know God works all things for the good, even if I don't understand it. If my donor is still on board, I'll be back in the game for the next egg whenever that will be. I assume my body will get back on track pretty quickly since it was *such* an early loss?

So yesterday when I met with M, I sent him a text when I got to his apartment. He made him donation into a sterile cup and put the lid on, and then left the sample on his counter at room temp. Then I came up to the apartment, and sucked it up into the syringe, inserted it near the cervix, and pushed the sample in, then put my pants on with a pad and left a few minutes later. When I got home two hours later, I "helped myself".

Was the sample left for too long? Did I help myself too late?

The month I got my bfp I didn't even do that at all...I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Luna, your avatar is precious :cloud9:

Grassroots :hugs: if I remember rightly, the month after my early MC, everything was as it should have been with my cycle and it certainly was in August when I tried again.

Firechild, when I first started taking EPO, it made me ovulate early.

Brandi, the timing for the sample sounds fine. Re the orgasm, I'm sure if there was still sperm by the cervix, which I would think there would be, an orgasm would help them on their journey. :thumbup:

Good luck all :dust:

Hi ladies I managed to get 2 insems done this month and my ov felt pretty strong after taking soy isoflavones from day 2-4 and now I'm 8DPO but not a single symptom. I've never had a BFP and I'm worried I'm out already because I don't feel anything :(

It's not about what you are feeling now, it's more about comparing what you feel now to what you normally feel. Some women normally have symptoms and then have nothing with their bfp.
I had cramping and some lower back pain around 5-7dpo, which is really unusually for me. The lower back pain was my biggest indicator bc it only happens with AF. Then I had nothing until 10/11dpo when I started to feel slightly crampy and bbs hurt like AF was coming. The only reason I tested was bc my temp went up at 12 dpo when it always goes down around then.
Don't give up just bc you don't feel anything...that can be a sign too!

I'm just worried that I orgasmed too late. With my first donor baby, we did everything the same as this time, EXCEPT that I didn't orgasm right away, and I didn't keep my butt propped for 20 minutes.

Guess time will tell. November 7 is my tentative testing date. AF is due November 9.

I seriously wouldn't worry. The sperm had started to travel up, so you may have helped it up there and maybe picked up some guys who didn't make it in! Like I said, I didn't even O at all the month I got my bfp, so I don't think it's crucial. There were months I did and didn't get a bfp. You got lucky the first time getting preggo on your first try, I really hope you are that lucky again :)

I hope so too, but I have more against me this time around. My tubes were tied for two years, and I just had surgery a month ago, so we'll see what happens.

GrassRoots,

Not only will your body be back on track, but with such an early loss, it will be more fertile than ever. I would actually plan to get extra donations this month -- and starting a few days earlier than usual, because the hormones still in your system might make for an earlier ovulation (this happened my cycle after chemical) -- which is also a sign of a healthy egg.

Lots of sticky babydust to you!

Thanks! Hes an imp!

So,bfn at 6dpo lol. Lucky I have cheapy tests to feed my adiction!

So I think I lied to myself when I said I wasn't going to focus on whether this eggie sticks this month and just carry on as usual. I said I wasn't going to worry and such...

yeah...I WANNA PEE ON A STICK NOW!!!!! :brat:

November 7 needs to hurry up!

I'm the same lol, I just want to know either way already!!

Noah is 21 months now and is gona love being a big brother!

Attachments

• 1000730_10153395584430175_106071094_n.jpg
    1000730_10153395584430175_106071094_n.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 1381507_10153321760140175_561705287_n.jpg
    1381507_10153321760140175_561705287_n.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 1236427_10153184473100175_295952101_n.jpg
    1236427_10153184473100175_295952101_n.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online