Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

He's adorable, Luna!

I'm really trying not to stress over it or anything, but this has been two and a half years in the waiting. It's really hard to to get excited-stressed, you know? August 2010 was the last time I was able to POAS, was the last time I felt the excitement of watching the second pink line, May 2011 was the last time I had that big round belly. Then I had my tubes tied a few weeks later. I spent the next 25 months paying off a reversal and finally had it 26 months after having the ligation. I last held a newborn in January 2013 when my friend had her first baby. I'm ready to do all this all over again!

Luna - Noah is so stinkin' cute!

Brandi - Why do you think you changed your mind after getting your tubes tied?

I was forced into having my tubes tied, threatened by my now ex-husband. Our youngest isn't biologically his, conceived via donor (same one I'm with now) while we were separated. We got back together and he is on her birth certificate, to make a long story short. He said if I didn't have it done, he would take my kids and take off somewhere and would make sure I couldn't find them and would never see them again.

Brandi-That's horrible! I'm glad he's your ex...What a jerk!

I am in need of a little encouragement tonight. It looks like we are going to be waiting until next cycle to start inseminations. I am wondering if God is trying to point us in another direction- maybe I am not meant to be a mommy.

I was really hoping we'd be able to do insems again this month since I will likely be highly fertile due to my early MC but my donor is out of commission for the next 4-5 days and I am assuming I will be ovulating somewhere in that window. Darnit!! :( So I know this isn't something any of us are normally hoping/praying for, but cross your fingers that I ovulate later than I'm expecting to lol!!

Good luck to all those in the 2WW. Grassroots got everything crossed for your late ovulation so you can get a donation in.
CD8 and insemming CD11, 12 and 13 this month. Hope its enough to give me my BFP next month. Im much more relaxed about it this month which is good.

Sorry, Firechild and GrassRoots, that is really frustrating. Hoping everything works out for the best.

GrassRoots, I suppose a last minute shipping donor is out of the question?

Have any of you had any luck finding donors on websites or messageboards?
I am meeting a donor that I found on knowndonor today but I'm looking to find other options for finding donors esp back up donors as they seem to drop out all the time :(

Big hugs Firechild & Grassroots - I'm sorry! Don't be discouraged!! :flower:

It is looking like donor is bailing on us. DH is loosing sleep... I feel crushed. It took months to find this donor, and it really was best case scenario. Don't even know where to go from here.

Re: donor reliability,

The more experienced donors tend to be more reliable, also ones without families/spouses.

I think an experienced shipping donor isn't a bad idea as a backup... I know shipping is annoying and can get expensive, but it's still far less costly that Iui with frozen sperm.

But yeah, dealing with a flakey donor is really hard. Best to find someone more reliable somehow.

I've had some success with the websites, but I try to avoid first time donors.

Still cant believe it. In shock that a little miracle is growing in me right now! Best of luck to all you ladies! May you all get your :bfp: soon too!!

Attachments

• photo-10.jpg
    photo-10.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 3
Congrats Hopeful!!!!

A positive is not possible at 4dpo right?

I took a test this afternoon, after holding my urine for 6 hours (don't ask how), and I thought it was negative. Now, it HAS been 4 hours, but when I look at it now, there is a squinter. But there is a line. It won't show on a photo, sadly, but there is something there.

I'm thinking it MUST be an evap, but I've secretly been peeing on sticks saily since 1dpo and still have those tests and there are no signs of an evap on any of those

Nimyra - I'm so reluctant of shipping donors. Have you seen the show Catfish? How do you prove they are who they say they are? I would be worried that all the info they provide/pics they send/etc are lies. :shrug:

I like the idea of mtg in person better so I can see them and get a "feel" for them. But - it certainly can be frustrating - and it sucks when they "drop out." Sorry Firechild - have you heard from your donor? :flower:

Congrats Hopeful!! :happydance: So happy for you!!!

I would meet them in person first... or at a minimum, skype plus background check. An experienced shipping donor will have references.

Some of the donors who ship a lot are pretty well known around the sperm donor community though, so I consider that lower risk, because you can get multiple references.

Firechild, so sorry about your donor!! :( That is heartbreaking and I am terrified that something like that will happen to us.

CONGRATS, Hopeful! Happy for you!!

A positive pregnancy test is not possible at 4dpo, as far as I'm aware -- could your dates be wrong?? I've heard of them as early as 7dpo, so if you're a few days off...!

As for me, ovulation hasn't happened yet and still no EWCM! If it can hold off for two more days, we should be good! Praying I ovulate Monday! Lol

Donor is definitely out. DH spoke with him this evening.
I live in a small area, and most online donors are at a minimum of 3 hours from me. I work full time, take full time classes, and have two step-children about 75% of the month or more. DH works full time, and frequently picks up overtime. Travel for specific timing is very difficult. Our previous donor, and the one that just changed his mind, were both local.
I have checked into a sperm bank, but it is insanely expensive- and at this time, not an option for us. I'm so tired of disappointment.

I know my dates aren't off. I had a positive OPK on Saturday morning and felt O pains from 4am to 10am Sunday. I O on CD13 like clockwork for at least the last 7 years.

I took two more this morning with FMU and both are :bfn: so I think yesterday is just an evap. But I also haven`t been able to sleep the last two nights. I can usually go from 10 straight through to my alarm and I`ve been up by 2am the last two nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->