Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Congratulations :) I'm so glad that you wanted and got a little boy :D

Congrats, Grassroots!! Super excited for you!!

Jury, I've been concerned the whole time that it may be a progesterone thing. I very clearly ovulate every cycle (even if it's a bit irregular), and my temps aren't too bad... so I wanted to give it a bit before I went to the doctor, because, to be honest, I'm not a fan of docs. But I caved and did make an appointment, and I'm going in on the 9th. Plan to ask for a progesterone test and a pelvic ultrasound to see if we can find the cause of the spotting.

I'm thinking the Vitex is doing something good, though, because my temp went up pretty good after I O'd this month (usually have a slower rise), and it stayed nice and high until a huuuuuge drop this morning when AF arrived... generally I have a slower decrease, too. So that's encouraging!

Maybe I'll get a BFP for my birthday next month!

Those of you who order frozen sperm online, what site's do you use? X

2moms2be-Progesterone was my prob. Luckily it's just a blood test to check. Hopefully the vitex will take care of it for you!

I posted a blog about how AI works on my blog. Would love comments and such
https://weforgotthesperm.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/so-erm-how-does-it-happen.html

Beth Terri- Are you in the US? We went through California Cryobank, they are the largest so have more donors than the others ( especially open donors which was important to us) and multiple locations throughout the country. One of those locations was near us so i didnt have to pay the $200 for shipping every month, just a $50 pick up fee and i drove it to the clinic myself. If you buy more than 10 vials you get 3 years of free storage for future family planning ( though after writing all this realized you already have children so that may not apply) They also have a sibling registry so you can find their other half siblings if you want. There is a limit to how many families can use the same donor, so you know there will only be a few siblings. Most people I know went through them. I have friends that went through xytex and were just as happy with them. I don't know much about the others. Our clinic had given us a list of the most reputable cryobanks in the country. We went through and had done research on each one and in the end chose California, it had the most to offer us, even though i am sure the other banks are good too. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Oh sorry, hopefully someone can answer your question!

Hi Beth, you can order sperm from Cryos international sperm bank, or from the European Sperm bank (I assume, because I haven't tried this one myself). Hope it helps!

:kiss: and :dust:

I've had donors do that to me too..with set dates and everything. That's why I got back up donors (wouldn't use them at the same time of course) but was the reassurance of still being able to try is a donor went AWOL or something. Sorry that happed to you :/

yay congrats on the lovely boy!!:)

I'm being nosy. I've had no luck making a baby and already had two go at IUI but that's expensive and I don't have money to keep doing that so I'm researching the home insemination route now.

Hey ladies! Here's my baby at 26w2d in 3D. Third trimester today. He's my second donor baby.

Attachments

• UC BABY_0002.jpg
    UC BABY_0002.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 4
  • UC BABY_0029.jpg
    UC BABY_0029.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 5
Hi deafgal- I went through a clinic using donor sperm, but I hope other people can answer your questions. Lots of women here have had luck doing this at home. Good luck!

Hello my wife and I are starting ttc again after taking a break we are using a known donor doing home ai now my question I have soft cups but will they actually increase my chances of getting pregnant?

Hello my wife and I are starting ttc again after taking a break we are using a known donor doing home ai now my question I have soft cups but will they actually increase my chances of getting pregnant?

Some people have had great luck with them, some not so much. I don't know if there are any actual statistics on them. I've done AI both with and without, and no success yet. I like the softcups as they reduce the mess, but I can't really speak to their effectiveness.

They sure make in-the-car insemination a lot easier though ;) LOL

Well if it saves on the mess I'll give it a go luckily our donor comes to the house so we don't need to worry about doing it in the car lol

I didn't use a softcup for either of my donations. Just made the deposit, and put on a pad and left that on for the day. Conceived on the first shot both times.

Wow, babyandbump has certainly changed hasn't it? I haven't been on this thread since last August. Been rather busy as after only one month of TTC with a donor through AI, I got my BFP! I'm now 32 weeks pregnant with a little girl. :happydance:

Baby dust to all you lovelies out there :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->