Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Just popped in to see how you ladies were going and it's gone incredibly quiet...

On the softcup front, they can really help to reassure those who need it that the sperm are staying where they need to be. I used them, as did a friend, the month that we conceived through AI :thumbup:

JasmineAnne, lovely to see you, congrats on team :pink::cloud9:

Im 10dpo and impatient!!!! My donor keeps having performance problems,missed 3 months,this month I got 0.5ml, had to mix it with concieve plus to get 3ml. Annoying when I travel 4 hours each way by bus!!

Hi everyone. Ive got a son with a donor who is known to us and he calls dad. He lives quite far away and sees dad about 5 times a year. He doesn't really want anymore. Ive just emailed him asking if he will donate for a second child for me. Really stressed awaiting for a reply. Keep checking emails. Think he is going to say no. Please give me some support.

Im 10dpo and impatient!!!! My donor keeps having performance problems,missed 3 months,this month I got 0.5ml, had to mix it with concieve plus to get 3ml. Annoying when I travel 4 hours each way by bus!!

Hi Luna! Update??

Hope your donor sorts things out!! :wacko:

Hi everyone. Ive got a son with a donor who is known to us and he calls dad. He lives quite far away and sees dad about 5 times a year. He doesn't really want anymore. Ive just emailed him asking if he will donate for a second child for me. Really stressed awaiting for a reply. Keep checking emails. Think he is going to say no. Please give me some support.

Hi Jessica - did he reply back?? Good luck!!

Me and my girlfriend have been looking into finding a donor so she can carry a baby of her own and i think we've actually found one... only its someone she knows. Now he's said he will help us providing were serious, doing it for all the right reasons and we keep it to ourselves that he would be the biological father. Which is perfect for us as we want the baby to be ours, not hers and his iykwim. I'm just worried with him living near by, what if he decides actually he does want to be daddy. Has anyone got any positive known donor stories to tell me??

Hi Jessica - did he reply back?? Good luck!!

No he didn't reply re the child number two request but has emailed a couple of times about his work and general chit chat. He even rang to sort out when he is visiting next but no mention of my request. I think it he is avoiding it. I was too nervous to ask again.

Oh Jessica - That sucks!! I asked an ex-bf (who is now gay) if he would donate and he never replied to my email. Completely ignored it too!! He didn't "unfriend" me on FB but has basically had zero FB interaction with me since I asked him like two years ago! :dohh:

C.30 - Deanna is gorgeous! She looks like a beautiful baby doll!!

Not much longer here now. It sure is hot enough here to have a baby, but still have to bake him for at least 4 and a half weeks

We also just tried our first cycle of at home insemination with known donor sperm :)

:dust:

Been watching this thread for a while now and finally taking the plunge by posting something!

Me and DH have been trying AI at home since Jan with his sperm. Just started spotting this weekend and I know AF is just around the corner yet again. :cry:

I'm finding this whole TTC process so draining. I always figured we would decide it was time and then it would only take a couple of months. To make matters worse several friends have fallen pg in the last 6 months, inc one who had just come off the pill and another by accident. I'm v happy for them but can't help but wonder why it seems so easy for some.

We're using a 10ml syringe to inseminate and I'm then lying with my hips propped under two pillows for at least an hour after. This month we did it three days before ov, day before and day after. I think I have the method down to a fine art thanks to all the advice from lovely ladies on this thread.

I just wanted to finally speak up and vent! GL to everyone else TTC with this method and hope we all get our BFPs soon!

We start at home insemination on Wednesday/thursday this week. I think were probably going to do it 3 out of her 5 most fertile days to be on the safe side. Any tips? Weve got a 5ml oral medicine syringe, is that the right size?

I tried 5ml but was worried that I wasn't quite reaching close enough to my cervix so am now using 10ml. I understand others have used 5ml and it has worked just fine. I think it's just what you feel comfortable with.

Hey ladies. Just wanted to pop in and say I got my bfp on Sunday. Second attempt with a new donor. One donation the day before ovulation, 10ml syringe and a softcup. Taking just prenatals. It's been almost two and a half years since we first tried. Keep going! Xxx

It's exciting when it happens so quickly. I know you've been trying for so long, but second try with the new donor is amazing!!! Prayers for a sticky one!

Thanks Hun. I was shocked. I didn't feel like this was the month x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->