• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Never does. I SWORE I was out in November. Not often you get pregnant in the first month after having a tubal reversal, let alone the first month after a tubal reversal AND with donor sperm. And everything that could go "wrong" (I tried to very closely mimic the donation/conception from my first baby conceived via donation), did go wrong. I swore by 10dpo that because I hadn't seen a BFP yet, I was out. All my BFPs happened by 10dpo. Morning of 11dpo, I woke up after a dream of getting a BFP and figured I was just going to wait for AF, and schedule an HSG, and decided that to stop driving myself crazy, I'd pee on my last FRER to get rid of it. Went back after 3 minutes and throw it out and saw a line. My levels were 16. Total and utter SHOCK, lol.

And now I'm 46 days away from my due date.

Hey ladies. Just wanted to pop in and say I got my bfp on Sunday. Second attempt with a new donor. One donation the day before ovulation, 10ml syringe and a softcup. Taking just prenatals. It's been almost two and a half years since we first tried. Keep going! Xxx

Congratulations, that's great news. A very happy and healthy 9 months and beyond to you :D

Congratulations Laura!

I'm currently 16 weeks with mine, time is ticking away nicely now - the first few weeks dragged so much and then just after my 12 week scan did too, but I've started feeling baby occasionally so I feel more reassured.

Good luck to the posters currently trying.

Hi everyone. Ive just joined the forum having seen this link on google! Basically DH and I have discovered that following a period of illness he is now infertile. After much discussion we have made the decision to do home insemination as we have not had much luck being referred for IVF. We currently have a possible donor but he lives 2 and a half hours away. Is this too far? What tips can you lovely ladies give us for improving our chances?? We have been TTC for 2 years already before discovering it wasn't going to happen. Also how did you go about finding a donor?

Thanks muchly!

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been here. Congrats to all these bfps and adorable little ones!! :)

Hi fluffle! I've known donors who are willing to travel up to 3 hours so that's not an unheard of distance. Have you guys discussed if he'll travel to you, or meet halfway, you travel to him yet? Our donor is over an hour from us but he does the traveling. We found him on kdr (knowndonorregistry.com) This is a great group of ladies and I hope you get your bfp soon! :dust:

We haven't really gone too in depth as yet. He is a friend so I'm pretty sure we will meet him half way or maybe do it so we go up to him 1 cycle and then he comes down to us the next. Thanks so much :)

Haven't posted in quite a while, but we are about to TTC our first next month using a known donor, AI at home. Things are getting exciting and nerve wracking!! Met the donor for the first time last weekend (we've been emailing and have skyped before since we've been talking for 6 months now), and everything is set for the second week of July if AF shows up on time and ovulation is on time. So of course, we went hiking last Sunday, and discovered on Monday that Tam was bit by something that left a bite suspiciously like a tick bite. By Tuesday it had gotten more red and we started to worry about lyme disease. So today we went to the walk in clinic and got the all clear (for the most part) but Tam got put on 10 days of doxycycline just in case. I'm freaking out. Our donor is available in early July but will be traveling end of July so we really need to keep the timing as perfect as possible. I'm afraid the antibiotics will make AF late, or delay ovulation... or make it hard to tell her actual Ov day. She is less concerned than I am and took 1 pill already tonight... Anyone have any insight on this? TIA!!

Sorry no insight but just wanted to say me and my oh will be ttc around the same time as you with our new donor. The first one disappeared :( good luck and I hope af comes on time!

Thanks anyhow beth, sorry to hear your first one diappeared but I wish you all the best of luck with your new donor!

We had the tiniest bit of hope that the one insemination from the first donor might have worked (but knew it was unlikely as we were early with it). But her periods arrived today. So onwards for the next try!

Hi guys, I haven't checked in for a while but so happy to hear that this thread is still active, and happy to hear new BFP stories - big congrats.

I've still had no luck at all. I think we've hit the 12 month mark :( DH is in another state so it has been hard to get timing right with distance and our work. Initially I was concerned he had low sperm volume but recently he got tested and he doesn't seem to have a problem which is a huge relief. I think it's going to come down to luck, timing and me now.

I'm still hopeful and will keep trying until we get our BFP.

Do you ladies wait for the sperm to liquefy before inseminating??

Hi guys, I haven't checked in for a while but so happy to hear that this thread is still active, and happy to hear new BFP stories - big congrats.

I've still had no luck at all. I think we've hit the 12 month mark :( DH is in another state so it has been hard to get timing right with distance and our work. Initially I was concerned he had low sperm volume but recently he got tested and he doesn't seem to have a problem which is a huge relief. I think it's going to come down to luck, timing and me now.

I'm still hopeful and will keep trying until we get our BFP.

Hi :wave: sorry it's taking you so long; I got my rainbow baby on my 11th month (15th from the start of TTC) so I know how hard that can be.

The longest I would leave the sample was about 5 minutes; I'd try to use it as soon as poss to be honest.

Really hope you get your BFP SOON :dust:

I've been wondering about this! We usually wait at least 5 minutes or so before inseminating. How long should we wait, and how the heck do we know if it's liquefied? Shows you how much experience I have with semen lol.

Same. I've had him donate and inseminated immediately after, and conceived with the first try both times.

Any of you use soft cups? I recently bought some so practicing with my period now. I was just curious if you did have semen placed in soft cup and insert in you that way? Any experiences out there?

I inserted the donation with a syringe and then put a softcup in :)
Definitely saves on mess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"