Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I got a bfn at 11 dpo with this little one. All signs seemed to point to a try again next time cycle. Stopped feeling bloated, temps went down, ect. AF day came and went, got a bfp at 14 dpo.

I hope this is the case for you, Ruby! xx

Hello everyone,
We are new to this thread. Me and my wife are ttc with our first attempt at home yesterday using a 10ml syringe using a known donor. She had a positive opk on Friday night and again yesterday evening 1 hour before insemination. Woke up this morning with a negative opk so hopefully we caught it!!!
We are excited but nervous and don't want to be too positive just in case.
My wife is the one ttc, she is 27 and i am 25, no medical issues so fingers crossed!!!

Good luck Kerry!!! We used a known donor also, let the TWW begin!

Thanks PinkorBlue - but sadly, the :witch: got me! :cry: Such an emotional roller coaster!! Ugh.

Welcome Kerry! Sounds like excellent timing!!

Awww, :( booooo to that lousy :witch: getting you, Ruby. :hugs: :hugs: I hope your next cycle brings your bfp. :flower:

Good luck kerry! Aw ruby that sucks :(

Im so sick! I forgot how bad all day sickness is :/

So, I think I've found a known donor! From going to using a bank, to joining a co parenting forum and now approaching someone all in a day, this is big news!
He's beautiful inside and out and already has children so I know he's fertile!

I've been planning on using soft cups; getting him to put his stuff into the soft cup and then inserting it - all without use of syringes, could this work? I'm a moon cup user anyway so ok with using them. It just seems like the most fuss free way!

So, I think I've found a known donor! From going to using a bank, to joining a co parenting forum and now approaching someone all in a day, this is big news!
He's beautiful inside and out and already has children so I know he's fertile!

I've been planning on using soft cups; getting him to put his stuff into the soft cup and then inserting it - all without use of syringes, could this work? I'm a moon cup user anyway so ok with using them. It just seems like the most fuss free way!

Good luck! That's exactly how I got my wife pregnant! I felt like the syringes not only didn't get it all but was damaging the swimmers, so after two failed attempts we just used soft cups and got pregnant that cycle :)

Good luck! That's exactly how I got my wife pregnant! I felt like the syringes not only didn't get it all but was damaging the swimmers, so after two failed attempts we just used soft cups and got pregnant that cycle :)

That's amazing news, thank you! And congratulations on you and your wife's pregnancy, not long now!

Any incites on how to handle messaging back potential donors? I've started to have some replies to my 'ad' and most of them have been 'hi do you need a donor im available thanks.' type messages and a little part of me just thinks NONONONONO! right away, as I just can't deal with that sort of inane, inarticulate conversation... but then, I really want some swimmers, and these could be good men... Do I trust my gut or at least give a generic 'get to know you' reply?

Majorly hoping my known donor comes through and then none of this matters... but at this stage I can't put all my eggs in one basket! (pun totally intended lol)

So, we are 12dpo and my other half did a clear blue digital and got a bfn :(...

I know its probably still early but trying to stay positive is getting hard :(

So, we are 12dpo and my other half did a clear blue digital and got a bfn :(...

I know its probably still early but trying to stay positive is getting hard :(

Digitals are less sensitive and sometimes take longer to show positive. Good luck!

Gonna start trying this week for baby #3 with my donor (number 5 for me). Should O in the next day or two!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"