Constantly Hungry?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by YorkieMom, Feb 1, 2011.

1. YorkieMom

YorkieMom Well-Known Member

I've 10 weeks, and for the last 2 - 3 weeks, I've been hungry ALL the time! Today for lunch I had a pasta salad from M&S, a bag of popcorn, a piece of cheese, some fruit and some cloudy lemonade. I was still starving, so ended up reaching for the closest thing I could find, which happened to be a handful (ok - 2 handfulls) of peanut M&M's from a gigantic bag that a co-worker had on their desk from the States.

2. CamoQueen

CamoQueen Mom of 2 & 1 on the way!

I can completely relate, I could just eat all day if I let myself! I caved and bought a big bag of peanut butter M&Ms yesterday (my favorite) and I have had to fight myself to leave them alone!:haha:

3. NatashaZ

NatashaZ Well-Known Member

I'm at 6 weeks and my appetite is already getting out of hand. I bought healthy snacks so at least when I do feel like eating everything in sight, it isn't AS bad...

...I did buy 1 box of cookies though!!

4. bumpno1

bumpno1 Well-Known Member

Im eating constantly and couldnt care less! the way im looking at it is Im not normally this hungry so the baby must be needing it!haha

I atleast eating healthier snacks so thats one thingg i suppose

5. Mama627

Mama627 Mom & Preggo w/ #2

I'm hungry all the time too, but nothing ever sounds appealing... except for laughing cow cheese wedges and wheat thins, I swear I could live on that. I force myself to eat healthier things, but it stinks to be hungry for nothing in particular. You ladies that can stomach M&M's right now are lucky. Anything chocolate is terribly unappealing. :-(

6. kazb25

kazb25 Well-Known Member

omg wait till your in 2 tri u will be eating then i tell ya, right now at 1.25am in morning i am eating some pistachio nuts and i cant get the shells to open quick enough

7. ttcmikeandme

ttcmikeandme Paul Henry is Here!

Mine goes back and forth, I have periods where I want to eat everything, then 6 hours later I feel like I might vomit at any moment.

8. redrose89

redrose89 Well-Known Member

I am eating everything!! I feel like a bottomless pit sometimes!

9. DarlingMe

DarlingMe Well-Known Member

You dont get peanut M&Ms overseas? Those are my favorite, and Reese's peanut butter cups. Are you drinking enough water YorkieMom? Your body often confuses those thirst and hunger signals. Maybe the baby is just craving the carbs too!

10. Aster

Aster Pregnant and loving it!

I am always hungry, I haven't had sickness just a bit of nausea if I dont eat fast enough! vicious circle!

11. cheerios

cheerios Mum to 3 boys + 1 girl

Me too! Always hungry! When I wake up to pee at night, I need to eat before I can sleep again!!! Think maybe that's why I got a feeling this is a boy!!! Wahah, boys eat more than girls, no?