Constipation Chronicles

Luckybug

Preggers
Reaction score
Day 7:

I've not had a bowel movement in so long I'm forgetting what the urge feels like. My stomach protrusion dates my pregnancy somewhere closer to eight months instead of ten weeks.

Under the guidance of my ob, taking miralax in hopes to inspire something inspiring. Day two of the treatment and not even a tummy rumble.

Losing hope. If anyone reads this, just know I gave it a good go, but try as I might I can't make the impossible happen.

Right there with you Luckybug. I'm not sure I can face any more brown toast or prune and broccoli shots (Blended. SO gross). And would you take a look at my ticker? It's mocking us. :winkwink:

I haven't heard a lot of stories about pregnant women actually exploding though so I'm hoping it'll be ok. :hugs:

I hadn't gone in 3-4 days when I started benefiber. It has to be taken 3x a day, but it's helped me go. That and a handful of prunes. And majorly upping the water I take, which is pretty hard when it makes me nauseous, but it keeps things moving along.

I'm right there with you also. I've been so constipated that my indigestion pains feel like menstrual cramps. Once I do actually get something moving, it's barely enough to relieve me.
My doctor prescribed colace and it seems to be working so far.
Hopefully it gets better. I would hate to have to take this bitter tasting medicine the entire pregnancy :(

I had it so bad with my daughter I ended up in the ER bc nothing made me go. They said had I waited another day I would have needed surgery. Horrible feeling.

This time it's not as bad but I'm still having trouble keeping fruit and water down with ms.

I poo'd maybe a handful of rock hard lil' turds. (TMI I know)

I downed an entire bottle of prune juice. Took my fourth day of colace, fiber caplets, and my second day of miralax.

My tummy is a rumbling now. I need my tummy to not be so distended. If I don't get a substantial poo by tomorrow I'm going to the ER. :'(

It might just be a late Christmas miracle, but I think the constipation has lifted at least for the next few days. haha

I know how you feel hun I'm so constipated too managing about once a week maybe twice if I'm lucky. Never had it this bad with previous pregnancies. This baby is throwing every symptom there is at me. Good job it's my last lol x

I think I've had everything so far but hemorrhoids. If I didn't have the morning sickness I could deal with the constipation.

After an entire liter of prune juice I'm happily not constipated anymore. Maybe dehydrated haha. Yay!

I feel so relieved.

I've been taking a Metamucil some days. I now have a haemorrhoid to top it all off :(

I have no idea what a hemorrhoid feels like. I pray I never find out!

I've had one before so I'm familiar. It is pretty awful :(

So sorry lucky, but constipation and hemmeroids are like bffs.
Last time round I took a colace gel tab and three large prunes and a cup of medium graded caffeine coffee every day with my oatmeal and it kept things moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->