constipation

first alien

Reaction score
really sorry for this thread but i am soooo uncomfortable.
I was wandering if anyone had a good way of sorting htis out. i am eating loads of fruit, fibre and drinking as much as i can. Any other ideas?
Is there anything i can take which wont hurt baby. i'm 15 weeks today and have needed to go for about 4 days!!

Any help gladly welcomed.
:dohh:

I would go to the doctors they may be able to give you something but i wouldnt take anything that they havnet pescribed you. x

Try drinking peppermint tea or hot water with a slice of lemon,

Good luck
xx

Dried baby figs (from tesco) seemed to be the only thing that helped me when i was desperate! I tried lots of things, but had half a packet of these and was moving a couple of hours later!
Good luck!!!

my MW told me senakot was safe however it didn't work for me so i went back to see her and she prescribed me lactulose which is good. i think you should maybe call your MW and ask for something. also i found that 3 weetabix was good.

i know how uncomfortable you are feeling i was in agony with it

Speak to your GP especially as you are unable to go. Lactoluse is usually what they will prescribe as it helps get things moving and lubricates things so it doesn't hurt as much. Also, take a book in with you (helps pass the time), don't strain, you have to relax and let your body do what it needs to do.

Hope you feel better soon!

A tin of sweetcorn helps me!

thanks all just had a packet of apricots so hoping that will help. seeing midwife on wednesday for blood tests so will ask then if nothing else has helped!

My hubby made me drink prune juice! Eww! But, it was the only thing that helped me! And, it was pretty quick to go to work!

I was exactly the same as you! its awful, after 7 days i went to the doctor who prescribed lactalose which after 24-48 hours does work and helps! this is completely safe and wont harm your baby, you can also buy from the chemist if you need it urgently then go to docs who will give you more as I need to take it every day now. Good luck x:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->