Consultant meeting today - we are going natural!!!!!!! YAY!

Lea8198

Reaction score
After a large daughter that got stuck previously (8lbs 13) I had my consultant meeting today to discuss this big boy. He is in the 75th centile and predicted to be around 9 or 10lbs when he comes at full term. We have been debating birthing options since day 1 but today my consultant feels we are good to go with another natural birth:happydance::happydance: I am nervous due to his size but so glad we do not need to think of a c section right now....

Soooo I get a stretch and sweep at 39 weeks :happydance: We might have a week less to go...YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to god I don't go overdue though.......:dohh:

I can't believe I only have 7 weeks left (maybe 6!) - whoo hoo!

Better pack my bags......:haha:

Good for you hun i have my consultants appt next week some time not sure when need to give them a call to confirm, but i am hoping i can go natural but i also want my tubes tied so they can do that the same time as a c section, had a bit of a rough delivery last time so tbh not bothered either way but its nice to know isnt it xx good luck xx

I'm in a similar position to you... My first I couldn't push out and ended up with c section. He was 9lbs 10.

I have a consultants appointment in a few weeks time, I think they want to scan me to see size and then we make our decision. I really want a vbac, but am scared of going through labour again, only to fail at pushing her out.:cry:

Did you discuss such a scenario with your consultant? I went a week over due with my son, if induced earlier do you think that makes a big difference in size? Is there anything else you'll be trying this time to help deliver naturally?

I'm in a similar position to you... My first I couldn't push out and ended up with c section. He was 9lbs 10.

I have a consultants appointment in a few weeks time, I think they want to scan me to see size and then we make our decision. I really want a vbac, but am scared of going through labour again, only to fail at pushing her out.:cry:

Did you discuss such a scenario with your consultant? I went a week over due with my son, if induced earlier do you think that makes a big difference in size? Is there anything else you'll be trying this time to help deliver naturally?

Sorry you have the same dilema. I have been worrying about it for weeks! She did come out naturally in the end (I did not need a section) but very worried that we could have a further 1lb to contend with....I tried to get another scan (they gave me one at 31 weeks) but they would not give me another as they said it's harder to guess weight as they get bigger. I really wanted one :( I hope you get one!

They basically said there will be more midwives present during the pushing stage to help if need be. She seems to think he will come out fine. I hope she is right....:wacko: I have to discuss birthing positions with my midwife as some are more helpful for people like us having to give birth to a big baby! All 4s and leaning over the back of bed were 2 she mentioned. I have appt with my midwife next week so she may add something else to that. I think it will help a little size wise but as DD was 8 13 at 39+6 I am sure he will be around the same if not more at the same term. She tried to reassure me that weight gain is slow at the very end of pregnancy but maybe that was to make me feel better lol!

I am going to be buying my raspberry leaf tea capsules, do lots of walking, sex, curries, pinappples etc as soon as I hit 37 weeks to try and ripen things up so my sweep works at 39 weeks. She did not discuss what happens if I got to 40 weeks or 41 weeks as I don't think she thinks i will get there but I assume I will have another sweep? I will start getting very nervous if I go overdue.

I didn't have these worries with the other 2 as I was not aware of these problems.

Let us know how you get on with your meeting. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply. You sound really happy and confident... Which I'm sure is half the battle!

At my consultants appointment I'll be 36 weeks... I do so hope it's good news and she isn't a biggie! I'm only a small person, but my husband is 6ft 4. I'm kind of hoping that as this is a girl she'll take after me and not my husband which my son obviously did! No one could believe I carried such a big bubba!

Anyways.... Some days I feel like I'm going to be lucky to get to full term! I've had so many aches and pains and just a funny feeling that she's going to come early.... I just pray she will come out healthy be it naturally or section.

Good luck with everything x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->