Contraception, stopping AF

callmedan

Reaction score
What contraception are you on while BF?
I was thinking the mini pill as was on the pill before, but was hoping could use it to know when AF would be as with the pill but reading up on it looks like you just take mini pill constantly with no break? So when is AF? I know BF does stop AF most of the time but not sure how that works with contraception
I don't want anything like the implant as didn't agree with me previously
Thanks!

What contraception are you on while BF?
I was thinking the mini pill as was on the pill before, but was hoping could use it to know when AF would be as with the pill but reading up on it looks like you just take mini pill constantly with no break? So when is AF? I know BF does stop AF most of the time but not sure how that works with contraception
I don't want anything like the implant as didn't agree with me previously
Thanks!

Mini pills often stop or lighten periods, but if you do get bleeds they can be more erratic.

They contain progestogen which is the same hormone as the implant, so depending on what you didn't like about the implant you may not like mini-pill.

Mirena or Jaydess are coils that contain progestogen, but as it doesn't get in to your blood stream (it works locally on your ovaries/womb/cervix) it often has fewer side effects. These also often cause lighter periods or no periods.

Copper coil has no hormones but can often cause heavier periods.

I have the IUC (paraguard) and really love it. They say it can cause heavier periods for those who already tend to have a heavy one, but it hasn't caused any issues for me yet at all. I personally went with it because it is hormone free. I tried the pill before (all kinds of them) and it made me really sick. I wish I'd known about the IUC before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->