Cooking our little Christmas cakes - late Dec babies

Glad all went well with the midwife (bloods aside), I'm going to my booking appointment tomorrow, I'm dreading having blood taken, I've never had it done before and I really don't like the idea of it. Oh well, I'll get over it.

Also think she might shout at me (although I am telling myself off as well) cos I managed to get sunburnt yesterday in my garden! This has never happened before at home, I usually don't even tan here! I guess pregnancy affects your skin.... Never mind, I'll know for when (if) the nice weather comes back. It's only skin rather than red, so hopefully it'll go down a bit my tomorrow.

You'll be fine Jaydee! I love getting blood taken, i HAVE to watch, i find it really cool, lol, glad your scan went well, are you gonna share piccies?!

Glad your appt with the midwife went well ttc! its great that you got on well, i hope i can say the same!

I dont know how i feel on the belly rubbing thing, i dont mind my closest friends doing it but im gettin others doing it and i just wanna punch them in the face LOL

I have my first midwife appointment on tuesday, i wish it would hurry up already!!

on another note, me and the bf are getting on better, i wonder how long it will last? i really didnt expect him to still be around at this point, hmmm...

Yeah, the bloods thing was fine, I couldn't watch her do it though. She also had to strap my arm to get the veins to come up, I felt like an extra from trainspotting!

I've put pics of my scan in Dec stars gallery in 1st tri, but I'll attach on here as well so you don't have to go looking. It's not the greatest picture, baby was jumping about all over, and it was much clearer on the screen. Oh well.

Midwife appointment was ok. Annoyed me because I was sat waiting for about 20 mins after my appointment time (bugs me when I think I was the first person she saw in the afternoon - obviously wanted a long lunch or morning over ran I guess) but she was nice enough. Don't think it's likely that I'll see her again though, as she's actually from another area and was just covering today (although she says she does it quite a lot). I don't really mind, we have 5 GPs at my surgery and you just get to see whichever one is free at the time. Sure they all know what they're doing....

Hope everyone else is ok x

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 3
pinknpurple - sending lots of :hug: and :hugs: your way, so sorry to hear of your news xx

ttcbabyno.1 - I never got my blood taken at my booking in appt, just some general questions and a urine test. From what i've read on here it seems to vary wildly from region to region what kind of service you get!

jaydee - glad your scan went well! my first one is next Friday 12th, can't wait! :happydance:

We still haven't told anybody, will wait till after the scan next week then tell my family (before we go to France on hols, no wine or yummy french cheeses for me - boooo!!) I feel like it's getting hard to disguise as i've put on 1/2 stone and feeling like an Oinker but OH tells me i'm just being paranoid (eating 3 course lunches at work though doesn't help!) am still jogging 2 or 3 times a week but not pushing it as much as I used to

oh i'm so with you on the weight gain, none of my jeans fasten! i bought some maternity ones but they just fell down all night, i cant win, lol...

Cute pic JayDee i cant wait to get mine! i think my midwife thing will be kinda the same, no one seems to see the same person twice, but they do have many walk in clinics which are apparently the same midwifes travelling around and the ones who will be at the hospital, well not all of them of course but at least i might see a friendly face!

Thanks Emma :)

Piemistress, I think it depends how far in you are as to whether they take bloods or not. They took blood to do a full blood count and test for rubella and hepititus and stuff. There is also the triple test, but they don't do that until 15 weeks, so I'd have to go back to (a diffferent) hospital if I want that. Think we've decided we'd rather not know. They don't do the nuchal fold test on the nhs in my region, and I wouldn't want to have an amni-whatsit test so it could just cause (potentially unnecessary) stress if it comes back high risk. Once the baby comes, we'll love it all the same anyway.
I bet you're counting down the days until next week for your scan aren't you? It's the most amazing thing to see that it's actually there! Makes it so much more real....

On the clothes thing, all my clothes still fit, I was expecting them not to by now. I feel like I've put a bit of weight on around my stomach area but I weighed less than I though when the midwife checked yesterday so I guess, if there is more weight there, it's just moved from somewhere else.....weird!

Hope everyone has a good weekend x

I've been working all weekend - which is a nightmare!!! But on a positive front i only have 5 more sleeps (i'm such a child and still count in sleeps!!) 'til our 12 week scan!!! I'm very nervous but excited too.

I've actually lost a stone in weight (which is no hardship for me tbh! Now 12 stone 5) due to the amount of voimitting i've been doing in the last 4/5 weeks, but have definately put on inches around my waist!!! All jeans are v tight and if i wear some clothes that are tight for too long i feel v v sick and lightheaded so i gave in and bought a pair of maternity trousers mail order (they're way way way too big!!! I can't win!)

Sickness is getting a little better - down from 7/8 times a day, and hardly keeping anything down!! to only 2/3 times every few days. This is a huge relief for my hubby who was scared to death that i was going to be hospitalised last week as the midwife wanted to admit me to put me on a drip! LOL

Really looking forward to trying to enjoy being pregnant - hasn't happened yet!
xx

ooooooooh 5 sleeps, that will be 4 now right? weeee!!!!

I hope your sickness eases up some more, and it should be doing any time soon!

I have the same issue as you with clothes, the maternity ones are the only ones that are comfy but theyre way too big and fall down constantly!!

I have my first midwife appt today, weeee!! i'm gonna push her to get me in for my scan asap cos i dont wanna wait weeks for it!!!

On a sadder note i split up with my bf yesterday, things have always been tense between us since i found out i was pregnant, he was adamant that he wanted no more kids and he has 3 from previous relationships, but i didnt plan this, i was taking the pill so what has happened has happened, I dont think hes gonna stand by me at all, but time will tell, either way i will cope.

Emma - sorry to hear about you and your boyfriend. Hope you've got some other people around you to support you - hugs x

ttcbaby1 - I count in sleeps as well, but normally only to holidays! Hope the sickness eases of soon and you can enjoy being pregnant.

I'm still just really tired, hoping in a few weeks I'll get my energy back, but I'm still very glad that I've not got any sickness so I'm not complaining too much :)

Jaydee, lovely scan picture! You must be so excited!!

Emma, sorry to hear about your boyfriend. Hope you have friends/family nearby for support. Hope the mw appointment went well.

TTCbaby1, can't wait to see your scan pictures.

In the interest in counting in sleeps, my 12 week scan is in 9 sleeps! So excited. My morning sickness has improved greatly! :happydance: It's been replaced with spots on my chin, but I'll take that over daily puking any day!

Hey everyone - havent been on in a few days so feel like Im catching up on all the news!

Great scan pic Jaydee - it is beautiful! So glad you got to see your baby!
Hopefully everyone else's days are going fast til your scans!

Sorry to hear about your bf Emma. :hugs: Hope you are doing ok.

My sickness is basically gone - its hard to believe! Its weird that it started to feel normal to be sick! I still have all my other symptoms and having lots more twinges in my tummy area the past week -nothing that hurts - but I for sure know things are happening!

Glad the sickness is getting better Daisy and Amerikiwi. I think I'm currently gettting stretching feelings, can't say pains as they don't really hurt. I've been trying to describe to hubby but it's really hard to do. I said it's like a really dull pain, a bit like when you're getting over a hangover, but lower down....

I also found some maternity clothes that I think might be long enough for me yesterday (I'm about 35inch inside leg and have to buy tall ranges of most clothes) - Red Herring in Debenhams for anyone in UK who's not standard height. They do short/regular/long in maternity and long seem really long - yey!! Not buying any yet though, but it's good to know I can when I need some....

Just thought I would pop in as I haven't posted in here in a while... my sickness is back, just thankfully not as bad as it was, it was gone for about 2 weeks :(

Oohh JayDee thanks for that, i'll be sure to look tomorrow, i got some that were a 34" leg from new look, they were pretty cheap at £16! ideally i need 35 or 36 tho, but theyre fine with flip flops which i live in at the moment!

Sorry your sickness came back kirstin, only a few more weeks and hopefully it'll be gone for good eh?!

About the bf, i'm doing fine. it was expected. I made my first post in this thread claiming i would be a single mum and i was right! he did check in with me yesterday to see how the midwife appt went so thats something i guess, at least hes attempting to show an interest!

Emma - I'm so sorry about you're boyfriend. Have you got a close friend/family member around that you can share your highs and lows of the pregnancy with? It's such a magical thing growing a baby, and i hope the break up doesn't take away the magic from the pregnancy for you (don't mean to sound condesending!) You sound like you have things in perspective but having a good ear to listen when you need it is a really important thing in a girls life!

Big hug to you xx

Thanks for the tip Emma - I might check out New Look as well! I'm thinking that, other than black trousers, I'm going to be going for the skinny jeans with calf height boots over the top when I get further along. That way it doesn't matter if the jeans are a bit short (and gives me a good excuse to buy some really nice boots :) )

Thanks TTC, i honestly think i'll be fine, i do have lots of close friends about who are standing right by me and if all else fails, i'll come here for a moan!

good plan jaydee, i'm living in cropped jeans for the most part, just wish we'd get a bit of nice weather so i could wear them more!

Hi ladies... hope you're all having a lovely weekend! We had our 12 week scan on friday... unfortunately little one was too sleepy and wasn't in the right position to get the nuchal measurement, so we'll be having the blood test at 15weeks but our chances of downs syndrome is quite low as i'm 29. Was really lovely to see our little baby again although the picture we got was pretty rubbish i enjoyed watching little one on the screen and baby was getting in a strop at being pushed and prodded to wake up - which my hubby laughted was sooo like me!!! It's trippled in size since our scan at 9 wks - which is amazing!!!

xx

Glad to hear the scan went well TTC1! My 12 week is in 4 days and I can't wait!

Just noticed my ticker. I think I'm one of the latest due in the group and we're all down to less than 200 days till we meet our little ones! Soon we'll all be moving into 2nd tri :happydance:

can I join please? I've only just found this thread but my EDD is 24th December so definately a Christmas one. I've got my first scan on Wednesday so it might change a bit but should still be late December.

Has anyone got any ideas about maternity clothes for larger ladies? I'm a 22-24 and whilst I can get tops from Next I know their jeans don't fit due my big hips and thighs. I'm still ok in my normal clothes but my jeans are starting to feel tight when sitting and don't want to have to wear big baggy clown pants for the next 6 months!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->