Cooking our little Christmas cakes - late Dec babies

Glad all went well ttc! i'm still waitin on a date for mine boo hoo!!

i'm only due the day before you kiwi! hope your scan goes well!

Hi Hattie, Welcome and congrats! have you tried ebay? thats where i've been looking and what about Dorothy Perkins? they go up to a 22.

also wanted to saythanks to Emma and JayDee

as I'm 184cm I need some long trousers:rofl:

sorry... gpt this all the wrong way round I think...

so here we are...

Hi all,

can I please join you?
My EDD isthe 26th, so it def. looks an x mas pud.

Had already 2 scans as I had a miscarriage a year ago and as soon as I found out (7weeks) I wanted to make sure everything looks good and I could see the heartbeat, which was a great relief... but there was not much more to see... with 10 weeks I had my 1st appointment with the mw - told her no bleeding and low and behold on the same day a bleeding started... so I was straight on the phone again thankfully got the scan 2 day later.Bean was so actve and wiggling around that is was really hard to take any pics.

waving with the little buds and all sorts of twisting and turning - absolutely wonderfull to see.

Now my bf and wanted to make sure that everything will be ok, so we opted for a nauchal scan ( excuse my spelling) so much looking forward to see bean this friday.

:wave: Welcome Hattie and BigBean! :wave:

Emma, hope you get your scan date soon. That must be frustrating having to wait.

BigBean, your nuchal scan is the day after mine! I'm counting days and hours now.

As for clothes, I can second the ebay suggestion. As I'm looking for petite maternity clothes, I can always cut off extra length from my trousers and send them over to you tall ladies :plane:

Urgh, i'm having a rough day so it looks like you guys can have my rant,it was my bosses birthday party today so of course my ex was there as we met at work, i have no issues with him, we get on great nowadays but i really dont need his friends saying things to me, one of them, my friend too, asks me how i'm going to cope, so i replied "well i'll just have to wont I?!" to that i get a reply, "well theres no point in him being with you if he doesnt want to be with you is there" (in quite a nasty tone!) i know this, do i look stupid? do i need you to point this out to me? am i not just a fucking bag of emotions right now, i wasnt fucking aiming the "i'll just have to wont i" at him, i was just pointing out a fact.... now that he doesnt want to be with me does not change the fact that hes the father of my child and he needs to put some frigging effort in, but even so, i was not thinking about him with my reply and i did not need to be thinking about this shit when i was trying to have a good night out! so FU!

okay that sounds so pathetic when i re-read it, i dont know why i'm annoyed, just over-emotional i guess..... hes still an arsehole.

Hello Hattie and BigBean, can't believe there are even more Christmas (ish) babies in the group :)

Glad the recent scans have gone well, and looking forward to seeing some more good news by the end of the week.

Emma - I don't think your rant sounds pathetic, I think your ex and his friends need to grow up a bit. Hope they don't hassle you any more.

Random question - is anyone here going to fit into normal, easily available maternity clothes? I've counted the recent posts and we've got tall, petite and larger ladies (apologies if I've missed anyone).
Anyone any good at sewing? Maybe there is a market for reasonably priced, bespoke maternity wear - ha ha

I am wishing we had a scan coming up too! We are not having a nucheal scan - it sounds like it is much more common to do them in the Uk maybe? It got talked about at the drs but we were told that most people dont do them where I live - unless you are very concerned and are thinking you would terminate the pregnancy. Which I cant see myself doing with an odds kind of thing esp. So not another scan til 20 weeks! (our other one was 8+5 so huge waiting time there!)

I am going to have a hard time with maternity clothes too as I am a bigger gal - about size 20 here in the u.s.

Welcome to the new girls! Emma - sorry your having to go through such bs right now - not what you need with all the hormones raging right now! Hope these guys start growing up soon!

Our first one is 12 weeks (unless you have a history of MC)and then 20 weeks... i'm so bored of waiting, i'm 12 weeks now so gimme my dates damnit!

Yeah, i'm over last night, i just wasnt expecting him to come out with it, it was almost like he was saying, now hes not around, you should abort, thats what i got from parts of the convo, i think maybe i misinterpreted his comments (well at least i hope so!) and i'm well known for overthinking everything anyway!

Daisy - I'm not having a nuchal scan either, because it's not standard where I live, so I'm waiting for 20 week scan as well. Do you have a date booked in? I do: 3 August (which is 20 weeks 1 day) - can't wait to see bubs looking like a proper little person and find out whether it's a boy or a girl, do they do that in the US?

Emma - glad you're feeling better, at least next time you see them you'll be ready for their comments, sounds like they are ******* (insert your own choice of word) and caught you off guard a bit.

JayDee - it actually makes me feel better that it isnt standard everywhere! The tech who did mine at 8+5 said my next one will be between 18 & 20 weeks and that we should decide by then if we want to know the sex! We have decided we want to know so hopefully we will be able to see! We also decided that if we cant see we might spend the money to have a private scan (since we would have to wait til after that scan we're going to wait and see) I think it costs between $150- $200 here. I dont have my scan booked yet - Im guessing it will be booked at my next appt in 2 weeks. Last time they booked my scan it seemed like I could get in whenever- they were not even close to all booked up so will have no problem with that part.

Im wondering what anyone thinks about the advantages of having the scan at closer to 18 weeks vs. waiting for 20 weeks. Do you think that the baby will look a lot different or just bigger? When would you choose to have it if you had a choice?

Well the nuchal scan is not standard over here as well, and it is a pivate scan, so I have to dig in my pockets and pay GBP150 - but I think it is well worth it, as tbh - we cannot image living with a disabled child... I know it sounds hard - and I would prob. think twice about the whole thing if I know that our small would be somehow disabled...

Anyway... the san has been brought forward:happydance:... tomorrow eve - I'm counting the hours..now... making sure my better half will be there as it is the first time he will see the bean.:hugs:

Plus... reassurance as I had some brown discharge over the last three days and I am really starting to worry again. I thought all this would stop after twelve weeks

Amerikiwi... hope eveything went ok with your scan... any pics?:hug:

DaisyBee I wpuld think it is better to wait as you always can see more - I would imagine - but then I don't know as this is hopefully the first pg which is going through. It is worth waiting (coming out of the mouth of someone, who is going to have a scan tomorrow):dohh:

Btw - anybody got a bump jet? I'm still feeling too normal! The only sign are some bigger and hurting boobs... apart from that... still fitting in my "normal" baggy jeans and working trousers .o(

Thanks for the welcome. It makes it all feel extra special with baby due at Christmas.

Thanks for the ebay suggestions about clothes. It's a real pain that most high street stores go up to 22 which for tops is fine but I'm such a pear shape that the hips and thighs don't fit. especially on jeans And if I just get bigger sizes from Evans I look like I'm wearing tents. I might be larger but I still want to look good!

Emma, I hope you don't mind me saying but it sounds like you're better off without your ex if he can leave you and bump like that. I hope everything works out for you.

Is anyone else still feeling sicky? I didn't get any nausea until 10 weeks and it's gradually increased so the last couple of days have been constant feeling sick and gagging on and off. I'm nearly 13 weeks and it doesn't seem to be getting less.

The nuchal scan is quite common in NZ. We don't get a standard 12-week scan (nor dating scan) unless we choose to do the nuchal. Otherwise the only scan you get is at 20 weeks and there's no way I was waiting that long to see LO! I was lucky in getting an extra scan at 8 weeks but that's because the lady scheduling didn't realize that I would be too early for the nuchal measurements. :happydance:

Only one more sleep till my scan!!

Bigbean, good luck for your scan too!

Hattie, sorry to hear about the late onset m/s. Hope you feel better soon. Mine started at 5-6 weeks and peaked at 8-9 and has now finally settled down. I still have the occasional puke but it's more like once a week as opposed to multiple times a day.

Daisy, I'd probably try to wait until the 20 weeks. Bubs will be bigger and since you want to know the sex, it would increase the chances of the tech getting a good view to determine the gender(assuming LO cooperates as well)

Emma, sounds like you are keeping strong in light of an immature, irresponsible Ex. Sounds like unless he is willing to step up to the plate, both you and your little one are better off without him.

Jaydee, I like the Christmas cake maternity line idea. Too bad I've never used a sewing machine...

hey guys, i cant remember if i ever joined and if i did i forgot about this thread!
Im due 21st dec - which im so upset about because its so next to christmas. does anyone else wish their date was sooner OR later?? I have had my dating scan when they changed my dates from 18th dec to 21st - but i sometimes still go by 18th, i think its just a small baby. And i have my next scan on the 5th aug when im 21 weeks, ill find out the sex then too! :)
ps yes i am showing and all my clothes are tight and awful!! xx

Hi all

Daisy - baby grows 3cm between week 18 and week 20 (up to about 20cm by week 20) so there is a bit of difference but I'm sure it'll still look like a fully shaped baby whenever you decide to go, just depends how long you can wait I guess.

I had my first scan at 10 weeks, second one is booked in for 20, and I might pay for a private one at about 30, then I've seen bubs every 10 weeks. Where I live you can get a 4D scan, which gives you a dvd of baby moving around as well as a few pics for about £200 so might do that. Hubby's birthday is mid October, it might be a nice thing to do then.....?

Bigbean - I'm just starting to feel like my podge is getting a bit bigger and starting to show, but I think it's only to me. It does feel a bit hard though, which makes me happy that it's baby not just fat.

Purpledahlia - it's awful to say now, but when we first started talking about having a baby, hubby and I both said we didn't want a Christmas baby, but I guess life doesn't work like that! I don't mind the idea now, in fact I think it will be quite nice, I just hope I'm back home again for Christmas, with due date of 20 Dec I guess I should be if bubs comes on time. My MIL told me that hubby was 4 days late and it's men that determine when babies come out which means I'm having him/her Xmas eve. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be the best Christmas ever either way :)

Amerikiwi - hope your scan goes well, can't wait to see pics x

DaisyBee - I would wait too, anything for a better chance of finding out and better piccies!

BigBean - Yeah, i'm showing - boohoo! everyone thinks im having twins im pretty large already! cant wait for my scan just to find out how many are in there!

Hattie - I agree, I probably am better off without him, though i dont think he'll be non-existant in this childs life, I just cant see him doing that.

Amrerikiwi - weeeeeeeeee you get to see you bean today! dont forget to show us piccies!!

Hi Purple - I'm not really bothered about the xmas baby thing, I get the feeling he/she will stick in there til early Jan anyways!

Hey JayDee - will they not be giving you another scan at around 28 weeks anyway? my friend whos at 22 weeks i think now is booked in for one then?

Still no news on my scan, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the input girls - it will be hard to wait but if there is a chance of a better look then I will try to get it right around 20 weeks. Good timing anyway - we are thinking of a 2 week trip in August so the scan would happen right before then. So hopefully we will know the sex when we are on our trip (incase I do some shopping!)

My belly is harder and my dh and I are noticing my bump but dont think others can tell. Ive always had a little of a gut though with being a bigger girl- so might be a while before its obvious to others. I can fit into my "fat" pants and stretchy pants but my normal jeans arent comfy anymore.

Part of me loves that my baby is due around xmas (dec 23). It is such a magical time of year. My bday is dec 5 and brother's is dec 10, and my moms is dec 30. march must be a fertile time for my family!!! My brother and I didnt like sharing bday parties or having bday presents wrapped in xmas paper. Also sometimes we would get a bday/xmas gift in one which annoyed us too. My mom always said by her bday everyone is partied out but yet anticipating new years so her bday tended to be kind of skipped. So I think that as my baby grows up I will be trying especially hard to not combine xmas things with bday. I have already told my family that I wont be traveling in dec. so we are going to maybe do xmas celebration closer to thanksgiving. We did this last year as my brother has fly home and he decided flying over xmas is a nightmare. It worked well actually!

I didnt realize that it was the dad's side that determines when you will deliever JayDee! That scares me actually - cause dh and his sis were both 2 weeks late! UGHH!

The private scans here are 4d too - with the pics and dvd. One place has a big screen tv that they use and you can bring up to 10 people. DH thinks thats awesome - but I would feel weird I think having an ultrasound with lots of people around. Even if it is our families!

Hi purple dahalia - when i first found out i was expecting a baby in december i was a little hesitant!! I then found out my due date was the 25th, and i just couldn't stop laughing!!! The first thing my mum said to me was 'the poor little thing will get all combined presents from you.... a large present to do both birthday and xmas!' - i've heard this is a complete no no from dec children who are now adults and i'll be making sure i don't do this. We've also decided to celebrate baby's half birthday in the summer so they can have a birthday party with their friends - so i'm not bothered by the christmas day due date any longer! xx

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::happydance::happydance::thumbup::awww::yipee::yipee::headspin::wohoo::finger::loopy::loopy:

oh god... what a nice end to the day, pic will be there tomorrow... bean is growng really good... 660mm :happydance:

nuchal scan went really well - and as Small didn't want to lay in the right position to get it's liquid behind the neck measured, we had a lot of time - well it at least felt like it - and look at him and saw hugh yawns... chances are 1 in 7000 - well that will do for me for the time beeing ... just buzzing...

and purple... my EDD is the:rofl: 26th and I'm aiming for the 01.01.10 - love this with just "0"s and "1" in the birthday... and it's a little away from X mas... and parties... well he would get every year a hugh party - Everybody is celebrating his birthday:rofl::hugs::sleep:

4D scans are possible and expensive... and as I just splashed out on the nuchal... I don't know plus... if I would have paid for this to be on DVD... well I think I would have been disappointed - as Small didn't do a dance or anything like that - just has been absolutely lazy and tired. My brothers gf had a 4D scan - and Small was laying that bad that you couldn't see much... of course it was nice for them to have it but they said they wouldn't do it again if there is another one on teh way... and I see 200 pounds better spent on the infant car seat and the ISO FIX attachment so that you just need to click the car seat in- and don't have to faff around with the seatbelt... but those are just my thoughts...

well I think that belly is harder... and not fat... but I hope in the next couple of weeks we will see a difference...

now it's booking the next appointment with the mf and then the scan at 20 weeks... just 7 weeks or so to wait now...

Anyway good luck to all - I'm just gonna enjoy the buzzing of me, my bf and our bigbean!:happydance:

:dohh:just seen I mad a small mistake :dohh:
not 660 mm but 66.0mm
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back