Cooking our little Christmas cakes - late Dec babies

How did everyones bank holiday weekend go?!
Mine was lovely and relaxing, babykins is giving me no hassle, no symptoms at all!

so glad your scan went well TTC, did you get any piccies for us?!

on a sadder note my best friend is just on her way to the hospital at 13wks with heavy bleeding, praying that everything is okay for her!

Piemistress - we're scan buddies!!! how far along will you be when you get your scan? I'll be 12wks on the exact date... and can't wait to compare the scan pics we have from 9weeks to see how our little seahorse has grown. (then maybe hubby can call it a baby rather than the lame name we now have!)LOL

Emma - I have some scan pics and when i work out how to uploads them i'll get right on it!! LOL I really hope you're friend is ok, it must be very hard for you both atm!

Morning/all day sickness is still hanging in there.... i seem to retch at anything and everything. Ginger doesn't seem to touch it. I'm fine until about 2pm.... when it all goes downhill rapidly
xx

ttcbabyno.1 - I will be exactly 12 weeks too on the 12th June! (My appt is at 1.30pm) Ours is called Eggnog (due to the egg/festive due date tie-in!).

Think it will then all become very real for my OH! But I was mean the other night when he was feeling lazy and said Eggnog wanted to go for a bike ride so he had to come with me, hee hee i'm :evil:

Had a lovely time at my friend's wedding on Saturday (outdoors! in Scotland! hardcore!) and cried the whole way through the ceremony. I would have blamed it on the hormones but I'm the token crier at weddings anyway! And it wasn't too bad staying sober, least I felt fine the next day :) (Unlike the OH but he wasn't bad enough to sleep in the spare room!!)

Love all these Christmas Cake ideas you guys are designing!

Emma1980 - :hugs: hope your friend is okay x

Hi all

I've had an exhausting holiday weekend, mainly due to the surprise party I went to on Sunday which carried on until the early hours. Am thinking of putting hubby on an alcohol ban cos he drank enough to get drunk on Saturday and Sunday nights as well as Monday afternoon. Just doesn't seem fair somehow, but then I guess neither would stopping him drinking just cos I want to be a cow! I don't really mind not drinking but I was missing my beer jacket when we were still in the garden at midnight, had my own jacket on and then hubby's on the top!

ttcbabyno1 - glad everything was ok at your scan. I'll have a look for pics when I've finished this post.

Emma - hope everything is ok for your friend.

Amerikiwi - I like your cake, looks a lot more professional than mine!

Bubs still isn't giving me any trouble either, other than feeling a bit sick when I wake up early in a morning, going back to sleep for a bit seems to solve it though :) Looking forward to seeing him/her on Friday - yey.....

Glad everyone had a good weekend. My sickness has gotten way better!!! :happydance: I havent vomited since Thurs night! Ive had moments of feeling icky and if I feel hungry I have to eat right away or I'll start feeling ick like 10 minutes later. But that is way better than how I've been feeling for the past weeks! Part of me wants to worry about that - but Im trying not to let myself think that way.

We were at a family get-together yesterday and dh's grandma was looking at a copy of our scan. DH's grandpa was ready to leave and was in a hurry(to get nowhere - just how he is). He glanced over her shoulder and said "who cares, its just a picture of a damn dog" :rofl: I laughed so hard! Maybe you have to know him but its just so typical him - he's 85 and misses out on a lot of conversations right now because his hearing aids are being repaired. 1/2 hr before that people were sending around a camera with a pic of a dog. DH's grandma was so mad at him - she yelled out "its not a dog, its a baby!" Ive never heard her so vocal in my life! :rofl: He's happy we are pregnant but not really into talking about it. DH's grandma came about 2 inches from touching my belly & I could tell she REALLY wanted to but stopped herself! HA! I think Im in for it later on when I actually start showing!

haha Daisy, thats the sort of thing my grandad would say, hes just not quite with us anymore! glad your sickness has got better!

I think i need to get some maternity wear, my jeans are way too tight, urgh, i was hoping it wouldnt start this early, just as i manage to get some money in to the bank, things are needed, argh!

Thanks for the wellwishes for my friend, it doesnt look good, the hospital told her she was miscarrying and to go back in on wednesday for a scan to confirm it, she was 14 wks :(

Emma - really sorry to hear about your friend, hope she's got people around her to support her. Can't be nice for you having someone so close going through that. Love to you both.

Daisy - glad you're feeling better. Your grandad sounds really funny, I've not told extended family yet so I've got all this to come! Don't think any of our remaining grandparents are that old/random but we'll wait and see.....

I don't know what baby was doing last night, growing I hope, because I could feel a really light pulling sensation for most of the evening. It was really weird, can't wait for it to be the baby kicking instead but guess we've got a few more weeks yet.....

Hey Everyone,
I have not posted here for a while but I have been lurking ;)
I had my first appoint a week ago at just 8.5 weeks. Everything seemed normal to the Doctor although they didn't do a scan or anything. Anyway, at about the time of the appointment by breast tenderness seemed to have died down and now it isn't there really at all. I am still tired a lot and feel a bit sick (although I have had mild sickness the whole time with no vomiting) but that is it. Do you think that the disappearing symptoms is a bad thing at all? Just looking for some tips from experience.
Thanks all.

Hey girlies,
I just wanted to thank you all for your support and wish you the best with your pregnancies but I will be leaving the December thread as my worst fears have now been confirmed and I have suffered/am suffering a miscarriage. :'( I'm sorry to bring a downer on the thread, but I have so enjoyed my time here with you all and will be keeping an eye on the thread just to see how you all get on. Do take care and thanks again for everything xxxxxxx

Hey girlies,
I just wanted to thank you all for your support and wish you the best with your pregnancies but I will be leaving the December thread as my worst fears have now been confirmed and I have suffered/am suffering a miscarriage. :'( I'm sorry to bring a downer on the thread, but I have so enjoyed my time here with you all and will be keeping an eye on the thread just to see how you all get on. Do take care and thanks again for everything xxxxxxx

Pinknpurple, I'm so sorry hun. :hug: PM me if you ever want to chat.

Hey Everyone,
I have not posted here for a while but I have been lurking ;)
I had my first appoint a week ago at just 8.5 weeks. Everything seemed normal to the Doctor although they didn't do a scan or anything. Anyway, at about the time of the appointment by breast tenderness seemed to have died down and now it isn't there really at all. I am still tired a lot and feel a bit sick (although I have had mild sickness the whole time with no vomiting) but that is it. Do you think that the disappearing symptoms is a bad thing at all? Just looking for some tips from experience.
Thanks all.

Stewie, I wouldn't worry about the disappearing symptoms. My books all say that it's about now that the placenta starts taking over hormone regulation, so symptoms easing is to be expected.

Pinknpurple i am so so sorry for your loss, hugs to you

Stewie- I replied on your other thread I think - but wanted to say try not to worry about it (hard I know) My ms has gotten much better the past week and Im going to take it as a good thing! My bb's arent as sore as they were at first either- Either that or Im just getting used to it! They have their moments but Im not in agony like I was for a few weeks.

Pinknpurple - :hug::hug::hug: I had a miscarriage in March, ovulated 2 weeks later and fell pregnant right away. I really hope you're okay and please pm me if you want to have a chat!

:hugs:

How was everyone's weekend?! Hope everyone is doing well.

I've been ill with a cold for the last week so I've been a bit quiet on the forum. Starting to feel better now though, so that's good :happydance:

Jaydee, have you had your scan?!

My morning sickness has been improving, but I've been quite queezy again today (haven't thrown up in a week though!).

Pinknpurple - really sorry to hear that - hugs to you.

Stewie - don't worry, I haven't got that many symptoms either, but everything seems to be fine.

Amerikiwi - yes, had my scan, not been online until now! It's amazing isn't it? I could see the heartbeat flickering away straight away. "Munchkin", as the sonographer was referring to baby as, was kicking away (think I'm going to be in for it soon!!!) and was being naughty already as it wouldn't stretch out so she should get a proper measurement..... Managed to get it into position in the end, and put me forward 2 days, so I'm now EDD 20 Dec - going to update my ticker next.....

The belly rubbing has started here, my mum did it on Friday! I can't believe how excited she is. Had to give in and say she could tell the rest of the family as she sounded SO disappointed when I suggested that we might wait until 12 weeks anyway. Everything was good with the scan, strong heartbeart, 2 arms, 2 legs etc so decided it was ok to tell. Going to wait a couple more weeks before announcing it on facebook though, just hope that the people who know remember that!!!

Glad everyone is suffering a bit less, with morning sickness at least. I thought I was going to get it on Sunday, just because I woke up after I'd just been throwing up in my dream... Luckily I was ok when I woke up.

Went on a hen night on Saturday night, which was basically a meal then a night out round a load of bars and then a club. Half way through the night, as people got more drunk around me, I started subconsiously protecting my stomach with my arm, that was then my stance for the rest of the night.....

x

Jaydee - so glad you got your scan and it was wonderful! Isnt it amazing?!

I had a dr appt today and the dr tried the doppler but no luck - he said next time for sure we will be able to hear. He said usually he doesnt try yet but think I caught him in a good mood. We were so relieved that it was a good appt -with no negativity! Only positive things :happydance:

We were at a bday party saturday - and I got my belly rubbed! :blush: I felt very weird about it! My mom says just tell people "no" and I said its easier said than done. They come in so fast its hard to realize whats happening before its basically over with!

Ive been protecting my belly for weeks - around my daycare kids and my cat. Even though my cat is basically ignoring me (so weird for him) he will jump down from the top of the couch and Ive started covering my belly with my hand/arm whenever he is around. Must be instinct JayDee!
Glad your sickness is getting better amerikiwi. I did pretty good this whole past week except for Friday and today. Friday I had every symptom possible - it was like the week of feeling good all caught up to me. I was puking & nauseaus, dizzy & lightheaded, headache, my bb's were so painful & was having lots of pulling and a little cramping. So glad I was feeling better by saturday!

Glad it's not just me protecting my belly and getting it rubbed!

That's something else I forgot to mention as well, we went to my hubby's aunt and uncle's on Friday to tell them the news (we're not telling everyone in person but hubby works with them as well so thought we should tell them) they have 2 fussy dogs who normally jump all over you. They came and said hello to me but then pretty much left me alone and jumped on hubby instead. I'm sure animals know in some way.... Before I found out I was pregnant (but would have been nearly 3 weeks looking back) I went to my friend's who has a (usually unsociable) cat who decided to be my new best friend (there were about 8 of us there) but didn't claw into my knee like she did a couple of the others - weird.....

Had my booking in with the Midwife today- she was lovely!! I was there for over an hour, and got to know each other quite well. Looking forward to seeing her again at week 16!!! The not so fun bit was trying to take blood for testing, i have terrible veins that always hide and are much deeper than they look and feel. She had 3 attempts then sent me around to another midwife to also tried and failed, and then finally to the phlebotonist at my local surgery who managed to get some!!!

Looking forward to our 12 week scan on friday next week!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->