• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cooking our little Christmas cakes - late Dec babies

Hi all

Emma - glad things are working out with FOB in one way or another. Sounds like he's behaving a lot better than his mates you were telling us about the other day. Also glad you finally got a scan date, even if it isn't for a while. They can normally tell the sex from 16 weeks I think, so hopefully you will be first with that one :)

Amerikiwi and Daisy - Xmas cakes here are fruit cakes (usually with brandy or something in as well) topped with marzipan and royal icing (not sure what the difference between this and regular icing is, I just buy it ready made if I ever bother to make one!) I don't know that many people who actually bother with eating it either!

Bigbean - I woudl ring your midwife as you're planning on, just to make sure, hope everything's ok.

x

Hi all! I've had a bit of a bad time of morning sickness/all day sickness!! It's still very much in full force although i have had a few days off which give me hope that i'm turning a corner only to start all over again. On thursday i met a friend for a drink after work (i had a fizzy water!) only had to rush off to the loo after half an hour and was violently ill!!! I drove home, and started to get the worst head ache... went straight to bed and continued to be ill all night and the headache turned into a migrane! Felt just as miserable on friday and over the weekend only managing to keep 2 meals down all weekend.

I'm off work today with another headache, and feeling really really horrible. I have a doctors appointment at 3pm- and hope they'll be able to prescribe something to stop the sickness... i'm worried about dehydration as i'm not keeping drinks down either! I was hoping things would be getting better (14weeks this week) but they really don't seem to be!!

xx

Sorry to hear your so ill ttcbabyno.1 :hugs: Hopefully the dr will be able to help you out!

Jaydee - so it is the same cake then! LOL Ours doesnt have any frosting on it though.

Yesterday was fathers day here (is it the same everywhere??) so we were with dh's family. Found out that another of dh's cousins is expecting - a boy in November! Which is kindof funny to me for some reason - cause we told everyone weeks ago but they didnt tell until this weekend. I am wondering if they were going to tell around the time we told - but then decided to hold off til the sex scan? DH didnt understand why it would matter if we told and then they told at the same time - but I would think that if it happened the opposite that I would have been a little dispointed that someone else in the family was having the same big news at the same time. Make sense or no?

My mil is slowly coming around - not with being overly excited but she is now at least acting like a mil and giving me advice. She thinks that after the baby is born that she should take the baby to her house for a day here and there (during the first few weeks) so I can catch up on sleep! LOL Not going to happen! I said "well Im planning on breastfeeding so dont think that will work too well" :rofl: She talked to my mom a week ago (my mom drives up here for mil to do her hair) and was asking my mom if she is taking off work to come help out for the first week or two. Well my mom has to request time off 6 months in advance - and what if Im 2 weeks early or 2 weeks late? So my mom would request a week off and then it be the wrong one?? Also - my parents live 2 hours away so not like she can just come over after work kind of thing. MIL is self employed - but never takes time off so it seems weird she would ask my mom that. She also wondered if my parents will be at the hospital when Im giving birth. Mom said she didnt plan on it and that when I call them and am ready for visitors that they will then come. (this is what my mom said she did with my grandparents when me and my brothers were born) Well mil asked me about this yesterday - cause she obviously wants to be at the hospital for the whole thing. I told her that maybe I would be up for visitors right away but maybe not so we'll have to see how I feel. So for someone who was so not excited about the pregnancy, etc she is all of a sudden getting a little pushy! LOL so I guess that's how she's going to be :)

Wow! 3 continents and all have the same Christmas fruit cake which no-one seems to actually eat!

ttc-hope you feel better soon.

Daisy-glad to hear that the MIL is coming around, albeit possibly too much.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

We visited the in-laws this weekend. I have a niece who just turned 4 who is super excited about the baby. She keeps asking when the baby will be big enough to come out of my belly and we keep telling her around Christmas. So this weekend, she tells her mum (my sister in law) that she wants to give the baby her Christmas stocking that says "Baby's First Christmas". We figured she probably wanted to keep that one, so instead she got us a little stuffed penguin dressed as Santa so that the baby would have a Christmas prezzie. It was sooo cute!! My niece is already showering the baby with gifts. They brought her to the dollar store to pick out another gift because she kept saying that she wanted to get the baby another present to go with the penguin, so she choose a cute little bath toy too! :cloud9:

Awww thats so cute amerkiwi! My daycare kids are so funny(cute) with the fact that Im having a baby. I take care of 6 kids ages 1,2,2,4,5,6. One of the 2 year old's keeps asking where my baby is - so I tell her "in my tummy" then she says "can we see it?" (the baby not my tummy) :rofl: The older 3 talk about me being a mom and talk about how far away xmas is- they are in awe every day about the whole thing. Its very neat to see their reactions! When its your niece that makes it soooo special!

Ttc - sorry you're still feeling rubbish, hopefully the doc can help.

Daisy - yes, it was fathers day on Sunday here too, which is odd because I think we have a different mothers day to you (ours is usually about 20 March). Your MIL seems to go from one extreme to the other doesn't she? Hopefully she'll find a happy medium before December. I wouldn't expect my family to be taking time off to help look after the baby in the first few weeks. Luckily, MIL doesn't work, and my mum only works part time so (hopefully) there will be lots of potential baby sitters when I have to go back to work later on!

Amerikiwi - I love that your niece wants to buy the baby presents. My niece, who is only 3 months old admittedly, just keeps trying to kick me where the baby is and laughing at herself! I think she's just learnt kicking, but she's pretty strong.....

In my house it's my husband who keeps saying "when's the baby coming?" even though he knows perfectly well. He also got cm and inches confused (or maybe I told him wrong) and thinks the baby has been 4 inches for about a month! At least next week I can tell him it's bigger than that - yey!

Thanks for all your best wishes! I've been diagnosed with Hyperemesis and severe dehydration! I was put on a iv drip to up my fluids and given some anti nausea melting in the mouth tablets to take twice a day. I'm really pleased that the dr took me seriously - i really thought that they'd tell me it's just morning sickness and send me on my way! But i'm relieved that the tablets seem to be making a difference. I've managed to get 3litres of water down me today and none of it has come back up and had a little bit of dried toast and water crackers too!! I was getting very worried about our little one and what affect all this would be having on the development!

Thanks for listening ladies! xx

Glad to hear your feeling better ttc & able to keep some things down! :hug:

Glad you're feeling a bit better ttc. I'm sure it won't last too long and baby will be ok, quite a few people get hyperemesis adn go on to have perfectly healthy babies. Try not to worry x

Glad you're feeling better ttc!

I'm off on holiday to US tomorrow :happydance: :happydance:

Glad to hear you're feeling better TTC! at least you can keep stuff down now and keep that baby healthy!

Have a great time Amerikiwi, i'm very jealous! I sure could do with a holiday!

hi babybumpdec, welcome to our little group!

I'm doing okay, had a bit of a depressed streak the last few days, dunno what the heck is wrong with me so i'm gonna blame it as just another side effect! the FOB got it full whack from me this week, bless, cos hes actually done nothing wrong! sometimes i just really feel such hate for him!

emma... no need to be miserable... the wheather is nice and the birds are singing.... ( on what drug am I?)

Welcome babybumpdec... good luck with the push but always bare in mind the first ones are more than likely ot be late... that's what I hear from every side... so therefore I'm now fixed that bean will make it's entry on the 01.01.10 - but of course bean is deciding that..:rofl:

anyway... as I promised for alon time now finally there are some pics...

went with amerikiwis advise and gone to the epau... which gave me another scan :happydance: and everything is fine... but I'm on regular checkups now.

bean1.jpg

bean.jpg

bean2.jpg

Great pics bigbean!

I am the oldest child - and I was right on the due date. I have 2 younger siblings - one was also right on the due date - and the other was 5 days early. Im hoping I follow my mothers trend! Although Im not excited about being at the hospital at xmas - I think by then I'll be ready for the baby to come and not want to wait another week or 2!

Great pics bigbean!

Okay so, i started work at 6pm, at 9pm as i was serving someone i felt myself pour with blood, so i spent the rest of the evening in the hospital.

Theyve literally done nothing, except give me an earlier scan date, its now on thursday, they cant tell me if ive miscarried, i just have to wait, apparently they cant give me a scan because they dont have access to them on the weekend, wtf? i'm so annoyed, so i just have to sit and wait til thursday...ARGH!

Emma, I really hope everythings okay. It's discusting that you have to wait til THURSDAY to know what's happening. Have you called your midwife or tried another avenue to get an earlier scan? Calling another hospital local to you - just telling them about the bleeding and the need for a scan rather that you can't get one til thurs. I really really feel for you... it's a worrying time for you sweeetie.

Has the bleeding stopped? Do you think it could be a period type bleed - some people continue to have 'normal' periods during pregnancy??

:hug::hugs:

:hugs: Emma. I agree with ttc that you should not be forced to wait until Thursday. I"ve read many stories on these boards and it seems the late tri1 bleeding/tri2 bleeding is very rarely a problem with baby. Keep us posted. I"m keeping everything crossed for you.

Bigbean, glad to hear all was well with littlebean. Great pictures!!

Emma, hope you feel better soon. Hormones can def. create havoc on our emotions.

Ttc, glad to hear you are feeling better and keeping down some food.

Welcome babybumpdec :wave:

Daisybee, I"m thinking I may be in hospital at Xmas too. By my 12 week scan measurements I'll be due on boxing day--but I've kept my ticker with my 8-week scan due date for now. Although if I keep my family tradition, bubs will be here 2 weeks before xmas!

hey im due 21st december but knowing me my luck will be xmas day :)

Hi all

Emma - I hope everything is ok. I can't believe that they couldn't give you a scan there and then to make sure baby was ok.

Also, to add to the "first baby will probably be late" idea, I'm the oldest of 2 was a week early, as was my younger brother, so hopefully some of us will be able to get the baby out and home for xmas :)

x

Yeah apparently they dont have access to the scan machines over the weekend!? ive called today to see if i can get it brought forward but she said as the bleeding has stopped there is nothing they can do unless it starts again, ive been getting random pains down below which are slightly worrying as this has been a symptom free pregnancy, im not liking this stuff!

now im getting paranoid that my boobs dont hurt anymore and i dont get to feel that occasional flutter, i just want to know whats going on! argh! its gonna be a long wait til thursday! :(

if you remember my best friend miscarried 3 weeks ago when she was at 14 weeks, so i have that in my mind, though everyone is trying to keep me sane with the fact that the bleeding has stopped and there was no clots and ive been in no real pain, just hafta wait and see i guess!

ttc - my period would of been due on that datem but i missed the prior two?! so i think its just coincidence it was on that day, i had been doing too much that day, i pulled out the oven and cleaned behind it then went to work and pulled the ice machine out and cleaned behind that, this is the problems with no symptom pregnancy, you forget you shouldnt be doing this stuff!

FOB has been amazing, surprisingly, he got scared when i called him and told him what was going on, which i didnt expect at all, thought he'd be an arse and say it was for the best! and hes done most of my work shifts for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->