• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cooking our little Christmas cakes - late Dec babies

haha, wrigglebum... i felt movements from about 16 weeks, but nothing major, it seemed to get stronger this week but theres still no kicks and nothing that can be felt from the outside... I am pretty much at ease, but its still on my mind that he doesnt move at scans, and they cant seem to do anything to make him move, maybe its just his sleep time? i just wish i felt more, i think it would put me at ease...

anyone got any plans for the weekend?

Any more room for a latecomer? I'm due 12 December:cloud9:

I'm from Sydney, we have moved here about 4 years ago from South Africa. At the moment it's just me and mu husband, the rest of our family still lives in SA.

At 24 weeks I'm still getting sick in the mornings :dohh:. But once if been sick, I feel better for the rest of the day.

Is anybody having problems with restless legs?

Emma-congrats on your blue bump!! :blue:

Jaydee-I love the nickname wigglebum :haha:

Cinamon-Welcome to our group! :wave: There's always room for another, especially one from the southern hemisphere! I haven't had any problems with restless legs but my DH does and finds stretching before bed helps sometimes.

Meerkat-hope your little one stops playing nightime bladder trampoline!

I just got an appointment letter from the midwife team at the local hospital. I think they used a general hospital-wide form letter as one of the lines had me chuckling. To give you background, in NZ, ACC is the Accident Compensation Corporation and they pay for injury treatment and time off work resulting from any accident (ie car accident, sporting, etc.). Anyways, listed under things to bring to my midwife appointment is:
"Your ACC claim number if your appointment is the result of an accident" :rofl:

Hi Cinamon, welcome along, the more the merrier :)
My legs seem to ache more than they did before, and I keep feeling the need to move them in bed, probably because I've programmed myself that I have to sleep on my side, and once I get there I don't move! Usually swapping sides solves it for me.
Can't believe you are still being sick in the morning, hope you feel better soon :hug:

Amerikiwi - I love the "if your appointment is the result of an accident" comment on your letter. I don't get appointment letters anymore as I see the midwife at my GP surgery now, I'm just told to make the appointments with reception for whenever I need them.

Emma - Is your next scan at a different time of day? Maybe that'll make him wake up and dance for you. If they were concerned at all about him not moving I'm sure they would be doing more checks on that rather than just the bits he wouldn't show you last time.

My little wrigglebum has been kicking and wriggling all weekend. We went to see Inglorious (I'll miss out the next word just in case) last night and I think all the guns and music must have woken him up, he was kicking away all the way through. Good job the cinema wasn't busy, I must have looked like a right weirdo sat rubbing my belly!

Also been looking at strollers/car seats again, think we might have chosen one (yey). A little controvertially it's red rather than black (which it also comes in) but I really like the bright colour (they also do pink but not blue, and we didn't want a gender specific just in case we decide he needs a brother or sister in a few years). Going to hopefully get it later, I'll post a picture for you to have a look once I've ordered it.

Hi ladies

Cinamon - :hi: Hi and welcome! I used to live in SA about 15 years ago with my BF at the time (before my DH!). Such a beautiful country, I'd love to go back one day. Sorry to hear you're still being sick you poor thing :hugs: maybe it will stop soon...

Amerikiwi - How often do you have MW appointments? I have a few extra than usual due to my age (40) but other than that they seem quite far apart really.

JayDee - Ooh where are the pram pics? I'm looking for ideas, I still have no idea what to get. I need to take a trip to Mothercare I think.

Hope everyone's well. DH finally felt the baby kick on Saturday morning! It was lovely to be able to share it. He hasn't felt anything since though but last night I was watching tv after a busy day clearing out the nursery and :baby: was really kicking me really hard again. And I'm told this will get worse as time goes on. Blimey!

JayDee, i've not even mentioned my concerns to them, the scans at the same time of day, as my clinic is always on a thursday afternoon, i think i got my first kicks yesterday, everytime i got one i would stand still to see if i could catch one but he would stop, lil bugger, but its certainly put me at ease more!

Meerkat - how cool is that! i cant wait for others to feel the kicks, i mustnt be far away now, the feelings get stronger everyday!

Amerikiwi - lol @ the result of an accident, haha!

Hi Cinamon, welcome! no restless legs, here! sorry!

So glad you felt him kicking at last Emma. It must have been the weekend for it!! Now you know it's a boy do you have any names in mind?

I was set on Caden, but FOB has given the big NO on it cos its his nephews name :(

I want something where he will be the only one in his class with that name, cos there was 5 of me, i'm really struggling!! the only thing we have half agreed on is Luca and Kyran, but i'm not in love with either so who knows!

My little wrigglebum has been kicking and wriggling all weekend. We went to see Inglorious (I'll miss out the next word just in case) last night and I think all the guns and music must have woken him up, he was kicking away all the way through. Good job the cinema wasn't busy, I must have looked like a right weirdo sat rubbing my belly!

:thumbup:

I think my bump :baby: thinks she can do karate or something, we were watching "matrix" and she was kicking like she was also fighting the baddies:winkwink:
She also doesn't like anything taking over her space, when my pants are a little to tight or my bladder is full, she'll kick up a fuss...

Thank you everyone for making me feel so welcome. It's not always easy having your first without any family nearby and I so which my mom was still alive to ask for some advise...so thank you:hugs::hugs:

Thank you everyone for making me feel so welcome. It's not always easy having your first without any family nearby and I so which my mom was still alive to ask for some advise...so thank you:hugs:

Sorry to hear you've lost your Mum hon :hugs::hugs: I find this place is great if you need some advice - everyone's so lovely and there's always someone who knows the answers. And the great thing is that we've all got the same kind of worries! :flower:

Cinamon, so sorry to hear about your mum. :hugs: My little girl also thinks she's a karate expert!

Meerkat, very cool that DH felt your little one kick!

Jaydee, can't wait to see pictures of the car seat. I think red sounds great!

Emma, congrats on your first kicks.

I have no idea how often I'll get to see my midwife. This appointment will actually be my first. Up until now, I've only seen my GP. In NZ, all of the midwives are independent instead of through the GP surgeries. As a result, they choose which patients they want and no-one wanted to deliver over the holidays, so eventually I got referred to the hospital midwife team (they're required to take all the left-overs!). It's a bit of a late milestone, but once we have our midwife appointment, we'll get to hear our girl's heartbeat instead of just seeing it on ultrasound. I"m very excited about that. :happydance:

Just realized, we have new people since I posted the christmas cake image, so if anyone wants it for their siggy it's below. Just copy, paste and delete the spaces.

[url]https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q113/kiwi007_photo/cristmascakes2.jpg[/url]

Anyone having a hormone surge??? :wacko:

I've been very emotional the last two days... my poor hubby doesn't even know how close he is to getting a very big ear-full...my boss doesn't know what to do with me :shrug: ...and me not sleeping well the last two days isn't helping...
So I'm blaming it on hormones.:growlmad::witch:

Cinamon, sorry to hear the hormones are surging! Maybe a long warm bath and cup of tea or hot chocolate will help take the edge off? :flower:

Well, after a semi successful shopping trip - they only had the car seat I wanted in mothercare, the stroller which was on offer at the weekend had gone up by £100 - and a bit of internet shopping I did manage to get everything I wanted.

Stroller/pushchair: https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wc...arch-_-search_suggestion-_-product_suggestion

Car seat (which will fix onto pushchair case instead of the red seating unit): https://www.mothercare.com/Maxi-Cos...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44454031&mcb=core
Also got the isofix base to go with it for the car. I like the idea of the base telling me that baby is clicked in properly.

You can also get a carrycot to go with it, it does come in red as well but my SIL had donated the cream one that she got for her daughter, figured we might as well use that as spend £150 on a red one: https://images.google.co.uk/imgres?...e&hl=en&rlz=1B3GGGL_en-GBGB327GB327&sa=N&um=1
(pic isn't too great, but that was the only one I could find because they don't do that colour any more)

Oh, I also got the matching changing bag (I like things that match :) ) https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wc...arch-_-search_suggestion-_-product_suggestion

The other ones we were looking at were quinny buzz and mothercare my3/my4. Decided on this one for a combination of price (given we already had carrycot) and practicality - it folds up small and easily and has clips for changing bag on handles as well as a decent shopping basket underneath.

Emma - I'm glad you felt him kick, I know what you mean about it making you feel better. Mine is doing it regularly now, and I think I would panic if he stopped.
Me and DH were looking at names again the other day and managed to cross quite a few off our original list. I'm the same as you, I don't want anything too common, but nothing too out there either. I quite like your names, Kyran would probably be on our list but my cousin has a child called Kiron already. We don't have Luca, but do have something quite similar (that's not telling, that's just hinting!). I've gone off any names with a D sound at the end, as our last name starts with a D, it's quite difficult to say...

Cinamon - Sorry to hear about your mum. We're all here for you to discuss things with anyway but do you speak to your MIL much? I know it's not the same as your own mum, but, if you get on, I bet she'd love if you asked her baby questions, mums seem to.

Amerikiwi - I can't believe you haven't heard your little girl's heartbeat yet! You'll love it. I have no idea how often I'll have to see a midwife here either. I have to go to GP at 25 weeks and midwife at 28 weeks, I have no idea after that other than it gets quite regular in the last few weeks, maybe I'll find out more in a few weeks.

Whattttttt you cant get all quiet on the names!!! thats mean! lol... not like any of us live by each other or anything! :p I think Lucas is a bit more common, but its my friends surname and my surname starts with S so, sounds funky, bit like your reasons with the D i suppose....

Maybe i like the spelling Kiron better? is it pronounced Ky-ran rather than Keer-an?

I had Kadie for a girl and i'm still in love with that name, blah, the only thing that i was gutted about having a boy, lol

Sorry the hormones are getting to you cinamon! try and find people you've not liked in your life and take it out on them hehe!

Congrats on getting the pushchair sorted JayDee, ive got mine done too, got a bargain off ebay, ill post pics when i get home from work otherwise i'll be late, start in 20 minutes, oops!!

Just realized, we have new people since I posted the christmas cake image, so if anyone wants it for their siggy it's below. Just copy, paste and delete the spaces.

[url]https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q113/kiwi007_photo/cristmascakes2.jpg[/url]

I tried this but couldn't make it work. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? :dohh:

https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q113/kiwi007_photo/cristmascakes2.jpg

https://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q113/kiwi007_photo/cristmascakes2.jpg[/IMG*]

try that, and delete the star at the end, the link looked broken for some reason

I might tell you lot names when we've decided. I'll tell you the ones we crossed off how about that?
Ben (cos hubby said with our surname it sounds like "bend over" - I wasn't too keen on that name anyway)
Calvin (reminds me of pants)
Hayden (for the D sound)
Jordan (the same)
Tyler (just decided we didn't like it as much as we thought we did and it's probably getting more popular)

My pushchair is getting delivered to MIL's house today - yey - so I can go check it out later, provided they find her house ok, it's a bit in the middle of nowhere. For a website with free delivery I think that's pretty good given we only ordered on Monday evening. Decided we had better write a list of all the things we need to buy - it's really long, about a side and a half of A4 paper - good job I like shopping.... Going to look for wall decoration for the nursery room today. I've found a lovely cot bedding set that I like but they don't do anything else that matches it, but I like things to match so need to see if I can find something in the same colours (light blue and red) which will go with it. Wish me luck....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->