• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cooking our little Christmas cakes - late Dec babies

JayDee - Thanks for posting your pram and car seat etc. I still haven't bought anything at all. I've decided to byu the nursery furniture soon. Is it worth spening a lot of money on a cot if :baby: is only it for a couple of years. Or would I better to get one from Ikea? I just don't know.. :dohh:

JayDee - Thanks for posting your pram and car seat etc. I still haven't bought anything at all. I've decided to byu the nursery furniture soon. Is it worth spening a lot of money on a cot if :baby: is only it for a couple of years. Or would I better to get one from Ikea? I just don't know.. :dohh:

Personally, I'd think if you're to spend a lot of money on a cot, it should be a convertible cot-bed so that it'll last you through the toddler years. If you're getting a smaller cot and then separate bed down the road, I'd go with Ikea--but then again, I like the Ikea stuff. I got a hand-me down cot from a friend so we're just buying a new mattress for it.

My little bump has stage fright.....:shrug:

Every time hubby tries to feel her kick or move, she freezes...:-s

At how many weeks did your hubbies feel :baby: the first time?

I think only one of us has had that so far cinamon... ive not had it yet!

my friend told me not to get a cot bed as the bedding is much more expensive and a pain to get hold of cos its not a normal sized bed... so think i'll go for an ikea cot!

Cinamon - my husband has only felt baby in the last week I think, before that he did the same, stopped moving as soon as a hand went on my belly. I started putting my hand on every time he moved to try and get him used to it.

Meerkat - I'm getting an Ikea cot, because I like it and there is matching furniture that I also like. You can get cot beds (not from ikea but other places) but most of them look weird as beds and cost quite a bit more than the ikea cots. Personally I wouldn't spend loads on a cot that doesn't convert to a bed. I'm also not sure how easy it is to get cot bed sheets etc from anywhere other than mothercare/toys r us. We're getting an ikea cot and a mothercare mattress with some sort of special cover that helps stop baby overheating, luckily 60x120 seems to be the standard cot size everywhere. One side comes off the cot so you can use it as a bed (kind of) for a while as well.

Thanks everyone :hugs: I think the Ikea cot may be the way forward. The only tourble is that the nearest Ikea to me is in Bristol (1 and a half hours away). So we're making a list and we're going to head up there to buy a stash of goodies!! I just hope they have them in stock!!

My sister had an Ikea cot and she said it was perfect for both of her children. I think she passed it on to someone else which is a shame but I looked in the catalogue last night and its only about £70. What a bargain!! :thumbup:

I like the idea of the Mothercare matress JayDee I might look into that too. if you don't mind me asking, was it expensive?

Cinamon - Mine was the same. DH didnt get a look in til last weekend.

Amerikiwi - So do you have Ikea in NZ?

Last night I actually saw the baby kick as well as feel it. I was sitting on the sofa and pow there were little jabs coming out from my belly. It was amazing. So much has happened in one week!

Shame hubs missed it as he was upstairs. I told him about it but its not the same as seeing it for yourself is it lol x

You can buy online if you dont wanna travel to it! i live next door to ikea, lol, its a great view from my window, not!

oooh seeing things! i dread that, lol, people always ask me what the kicks feel like an i say an alien trying to get out, now its gonna look like one too! haha

:hi:

Sorry i've been so crap and not written here for AGES!! The days are flying by and the next thing I know i've not posted for a couple of weeks and there is heaps to catch up on!

So :hi :hi: :hi: everybody!!

Hope you are all well and happy :) Had my 24w appt today :) Bought my first purchase afterwards - a saver sized box of baby wipes!! Will probably be a couple more weeks yet till I feel more confident buying stuff. Our spare room/nursery is in total chaos so my mum said we can store anything we buy at her place for the time being (big box of baby wipes!!!).

I'm currently swithering over pram and sleeping arrangement choices. Am liking the Mothercare MyChoice pram so far. It ticks all my boxes and isn't stupidly expensive but have yet to get the credit card out! Think we will either go for a crib or a travel cot for in our room upstairs (the Graco travel cot looks ideal and can also be used for going away) and the baba can sleep in the pram carrycot downstairs during the day OR a crib for upstairs and the travelcot for downstairs sleeps. What are other peeps doing?

Our nearest Ikea is 2hrs away so will probably make one trip later on in the Autumn and end up buying a lot more than we need!

Anybody else having sleeping problems? I can't remember the last time I slept right the way through the night without waking up due to backache :( Even a pregnancy pillow doesn't seem to be helping.

Cinamon - :hi: and welcome :) My OH is from South Africa (Rustenburg, near J'Burg). We went for a visit a few years ago and I loved it. The food, wine and scenery are AMAZING! I love Billtong so much that my OH got some from a local butcher for me but i'm not sure if it's a pregnancy food to avoid or not?

JayDee - do we still have the same due date of 20th December?? You are a lot more organised that I am - mwahhhh!! You would never guess I did planning for a living :)

Amerikiwi, Meerkat, Emma1980 - hope all is fab and frolicsome :) xox

I won't leave it so long next time otherwise I end up with a marathon to write!!!!

It's Friday tomorrow - whoop whoop! One more week at work then we are off to Wales in our campervan :)

Baby Bozies to all xxx

OH has felt the baby kick a few times but because my placenta is at the front he doesn't feel it as strongly as I do. When I was at the Midwifes today I recorded the heartbeat on my mobile phone so he couold hear it (and so I could listen to it all the time too) :) :) :)

Hey PM, good to see you back! you've got about 16 weeks to buy stuff, dont stress! hehe, 16 weeks really doesnt sound that long!!!

I had a bit of blood when i wiped today, but i wiped again and it had gone, and nothings come back since, so i'm not too worried, i shouldnt be, right? i could get all paranoid and tell you i aint felt bubs move at all for two days but as people keep telling me, its normal at this stage! cant help but be paranoid tho!

Piemistress - I lived in Rustenburg for a few years when I was still in school...I loved the town...and loved the mountains surrounding it.O:)
I've been having a little bit of biltong now and then, but I made sure it's tried well... Do you like boerewors too...we make our own, it's to expensive to buy it here in Australia...
I also haven't been sleeping well... the main culprit is going to the loo so ofter, then I also have restless legs waking me or muscle cramps in the middle of the night. Since my second tri I also started snoring suddenly, so TH wakes me when it gets to bad :blush: So I'm telling myself I'm practising for when :baby: comes home...

Yesterday was the first time a felt her kick at the top of my bump :happydance:, up until now she has only been trying to kick her way out thru my cervix or bladder...the first sign she is really getting bigger now.

...Not long before third trimester now...:happydance: 8-[\\:D/:shock::cool::wohoo:

Meerkat - the mothercare mattresses are more expensive than the ikea ones. The one I got was £90 I think but that is a super duper sprung one. They do a foam one with the fancy covering for about £75 I think but decided after 2-3 years a foam one might sink in the middle. Quite a bit more than the Ikea ones (about £40 I think) but I have a nice mattress on my bed, though bubs deserved the same.
Oh, and last time I was on Ikea's website I noticed you can do a stock check of your local store. Ikea is over an hour from our house too, so I might check that before we go.

Piemistress - nice to see you back, hope all is well. We liked the Mothercare Mychoice as well, the very nice people in the shop showed us how it works and it seemed very clever.

Emma - I don't think you should be too worried about the blood if it was only a tiny bit, or about bubs not moving too much, I think he's just being nice to you and just doing little movements you can't feel. I bet in a few weeks he'll make up for it by kicking you in the ribs whilst you're trying to sleep. That said, I am very happy that my baby seems to move first thing every morning, and last night every night so I know he's ok. I would be getting paranoid if he stopped cos I'm used to it now. You get to see him again soon don't you?

Pie/Cinamon - I can't remember the last time I slept all the way through, I always seem to wake up from either some random dream or needing the loo. I'm also just taking it as practice for when baby gets here.

Friday today, and bank holiday weekend in the UK -yey! Wish me luck because I'm going out tonight, and I think I'll end up going to a club rather than going home at 11/midnight as I have done most times when I've been out not drinking. I'm also going to have to raid my wardrobe to find something to wear. Maternity tops are still far too big, but only the baggy round the middle normal ones fit. I guess a lot of accessories are called for to dress up a probably quite plain top and jeans.
Enjoy everyone x

Oh how I miss Ikea! Unfortunately, NZ has no Ikea yet. We almost got one in Auckland a few years back until the local council decided that the traffic would be too bad and rejected their application. :nope:

Meerkat-I've recently been researching mattress options as well. I think I"ll probably go with an inner spring one because I wouldn't want to sleep on foam so I figure why should bubs-although a lot of people swear by their foam mattresses. I'm still very undecided.

Emma, I"m sure bubs is fine, but probably worth mentioning to midwife. Both thrush and water infections are common in pregnancy and can cause a touch of bleeding. MW or doctor should be able to clear it up before it progresses any further.

Jaydee, have fun tonight and enjoy the bank holiday!

PieMistess, Welcome back! Enjoy Wales. I"m so jealous of all you UK ladies having a bank holiday!

Cinamon, how excited that your little girl kicked up high. My girl has had stage fright as well. She's fine with my hand on bump, but as soon as DH puts his hand on, she goes quiet. I can't wait until he can feel her kick!!

Random post but just realized I've moved up another block on the babygaga ticker! I remember being in the first block thinking that it looked so long away. Now we're almost in 3rd tri! :happydance::happydance:

Thanks for the reassurance girls, I have a scan on Thursday so i shall bring it up with the midwife then!

For a symptom free pregnancy its still been a bit or a worrier! still felt no moves since i felt the first kick the other day, just hoping hes changed positions i guess!

Jaydee - hope you have a great night out tonight, its certainly not great fun this no drinking lark in clubs!

Amerikiwi, they brought Ikea here because they wanted the traffic, you had to queue a special way when it opened and they had police outside to steady the crowd queues, they were expecting thousands! was rather amused that when they opened the doors at 7am that day and there was only 3 people waiting :D

Amerikiwi, they brought Ikea here because they wanted the traffic, you had to queue a special way when it opened and they had police outside to steady the crowd queues, they were expecting thousands! was rather amused that when they opened the doors at 7am that day and there was only 3 people waiting :D

Ha I love it! :rofl: Actually, maybe we should send you to Ikea to do our research for us as you live so close lol!! :winkwink:
I think you're right about speaking to your MW on Thurs to put your mind at rest about the blood. If you're still worried in the meantime you can always give the hospital a call to see what they say.

Pie - How lovely buying your first baby purchase. And baby wipes! I hear they're very useful for other things apart form babies bumsl! My DH bought some to clean marks of his boat with lol!

I'm struggling to sleep too. Although last night I slept fine but when I woke up I was on my back so maybe that's why...

I found this link regarding sleeping on your back. It suggests you'd prob be uncomfortable and wake up before you'd cause any real problems
https://www.midwivesonline.com/parents/parents1//////?ttl=faqans&faq=71

However, going to the loo twice a night is getting rather tedious now...

Cinamon - I used to love biltong and boerewors when I lived in SA. I haven't had either for years! Not sure whether biltong would be ok during pg though.

Amerikiwi - Hmm like you I still can't decide about the mattress. Decisions decisions...

JayDee - Thanks you're a star, I found the Ikea stock check you said about online. So that's great I can do that before we go to buy the furniture. You said about foam mattresses may sink after 2-3 years but would the :baby: still be in a cot then? So many things to think about and I haven't even dared to check out pushchairs which I know will be a complete minefield!!

PS Enjoy your night out! I'm amazed you can still fit into normal clothes you lucky thing. :thumbup:

Looking forward to the long weekend off work. I've decided to start my maternity leave on 20 November! 5 weeks before my EDD. So plenty of time to put my feet up and chill out before newface arrives. :coffee:

Have a great weekend everyone. :kiss:

Yep i can do ikea research for yas, not a prob! hehe, will keep me amused! i'm due to visit soon anyways, the only think i hate about it is its so darn big and i get lost in there!

I use Simple baby wipes to get my make up off, baby wipes have great uses hehe!

I slept really poo last night, i dont know if it was cos i was worried about the bleed? had some random dreams too, speaking of which, i should call FOB cos according to my dream he gets sacked today hahah!

Guys - check out ebay for your mattresses, i was noseying thru this morning and the brand new prices were around 35-40 for sprung mattresses, might be worth checking out! I AM an ebay whore!

No bank holiday up here in Aberdeen this weekend :( Ours isn't until the end of September (very random eh) but at least it looks to be dry this weekend for a change!

OH is busy cooking omelette and chips, yum yum and i'm away to have an alcohol free Becks shandy ;-P

Hope you have a fab night out Jaydee - I know i'd never manage to stay away past midnight :(

Although we have agreed not to find out the sex I really really want to know!!! Still can't actually believe i'm going to have to give birth mind!

How did your scan on Thursday go Emma (or is that next Thursday and i'm getting confused?!)

I have now added mattresses to my list of things to research - mwahhh! Where has the summer gone, can't believe it's almost September.

OH & I were discussing how exciting Christmas is going to be with a baby! It's been pretty non-eventful the past few years (I've always felt a bit let down by the festive season) but we will get a tree this year and everything :)

Am planning on finishing work on 4th December but might be a bit ambitious on my part - am just too tight to finish earlier but will see how I feel nearer the time.

x

HEY

Im due 12th of december. All the girls in my family tho end up going over there due dates, i can see mine coming just before xmas.

its next thursday PM and it cant come quick enough, still had no movement no matter how hard i try and jab him, grrrrrrr!

I'm also looking forward to having a tree! though doubt it will be this year, doesnt seem much point, bubs isnt comin til after then im sure! i will prolly buy one in the jan sales hehe

hi soozy!

I want a tree this year too! Speaking of Christmas trees, has anyone figured out their Christmas plans yet?

My MIL lives 1.5 hour away and she always has the family gather at her place for Christmas. I figure by Christmas, I'll either be heavily pregnant or with a newborn in hand, or in hospital! DH and I were thinking of having the family over to our place (bring a plate as I won't be cooking the big meal) this year instead. That way we're close by the hospital and if bubs comes early, it'll be easier to sneak upstairs for a nap/quiet feed time. Our place is a lot smaller and wouldn't normally be the family gathering spot, but thinking it's a better option for this year. What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->