Cooking our little Christmas cakes - late Dec babies

Your scans are all pretty early, i look forward to seeing your piccies!!

I finally saw my doctor and got my due date moved forward to the 26th December so i'm apparently 7+2 and i havent got my first midwifes appt til the 8th June by then i'll be 11 weeks, apparently thats fine cos i can get a scan within a week for my 12 week scan, hope so! i wanna see my baby!

I know i shouldnt complain about the non-symptom thing but sometimes i just want a sign!! lol - I want my boobs to grow too damnit!

Your right Amerikiwi - good way of thinking about my scan. Thanks for that thought - its the one I'll try to focus on instead of worrying! Scan is Monday and cant come soon enough cause now its all Im thinking about except for my nausea!!!

How is everyone else feeling?

I know i shouldnt complain about the non-symptom thing but sometimes i just want a sign!! lol - I want my boobs to grow too damnit!

Ha - I know what you mean. Reading the main forum it's the people with larger boobs to start with that appear to have grown more earlier on. It's not fair is it? :rofl:

no its really not!! me and OH were giggling about it yesterday and he reckons ill still have none in 6 months time, cos its just me to have zilcho boobs! blah!

I got my first scan appointment through today!! It's the 8th June I will be 11 weeks and 4 days hope it will still be nice and clear...I will drink gallons of water like last time that seemed to help haha. I'm really excited now!!! Roll on roll on June 8th xxx

No idea when I am having my scan, I missed my midwife appointment on Tues as I was so ill and the next one they have booked for me is in 2 weeks and I cant go as I have an exam that day and then I'll have to wait a few weeks for the scan :S so I'm going to be about 13-14 weeks min :(

I am actually worried about being able to keep the water down on monday for my scan. Im supposed to drink 32oz and be done an hour before the scan. Well what if it all comes back up?? Then my bladder wont be full enough & that will be a problem. Also worried about being sick during the scan! :rofl: That would be so embarassing!!

Being sick during the scan - I'd not even thought about that, sure it's nothing they won't have seen before though!

I was only really worrying about being able to drink that much water without going to the toilet, hadn't even considered it coming back the other way.... I guess that's cos I'm lucky enough to be avoiding the sickness (for now, I felt like it was on the way last night but it stayed away).

Kirsten - sorry to hear you are still feeling rubbish and missed your midwife appointment. It must be annoying to think you won't get your scan for a bit longer but the longer you wait the better picture you'll get cos the more advanced baby will be. My first scan (2 weeks today - yey!) really is going to look like a prawn or a peanut as some people refer to their babies when they are really little....

Hope everyone has a good weekend x

Ohhhh i'm sure theyve had to cope with people puking at the scan before lol, you'll be fine!! i dont expect my first scan to be early either, I cant even get in with the midwife til i'm 11 wks, so god knows my chances of a scan being on time!!

still no symptoms here and my boobs arent even sore anymore! bah!

I had an internal scan at a fertility consultation and was sick and that was more embarrassing, at least being pregnant you can put it down to morning sickness:rofl:

OMG, I;ve just noticed my ticker, my baby has arms and legs now :happydance:

I know - I'm fasinated by mine - can't believe that something that only weighs a gram already has arms, legs and ears!

:hi: Hi Girls

Can I join this group please - am presently due 26th December but 1st scan isn't till 12th June so will know more for sure then! It's great to have company with others that are due at a similar time x :) x

I've not been feeling too bad in general. A bit of nausea and dry heaving (yuck) every now and then. Major increase in appetite though (craving gerkins and pickled onion/cabbage!) and have found some non-alcoholic Kopperberg Pear Cider :happydance: which doesn't taste that much different to the real thing!

Had a bit of a fall today which is my latest worry (it always seems to be something) but will call the MW tomorrow for a bit of reassurance that all is ok.

We still haven't told anyone as want to wait till after the 12 week scan but my belly is looking very bloated so it's very hard to disguise it at work as I usually wear quite neat fitting clothes ..... ho hum!

xx

:wave: Hi PieMistriss and Welcome! :wave:

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

My big news is that I have a booking for my nuchal scan--kindof. I got the referral from my GP so I rang radiology this morning. When they asked when I wanted it, I told her my EDD was 29th of December so I'm not sure when is best to come in. She told me to come in at the end of this week. I said "are you sure that's not going to be too early?" to which she responded with no. All the reading I've done says that this needs to be done between 11-14 weeks. I'll only be 8+3 so I'm afraid they'll send me away when I go to check in. If not, I get to see lil one early and then I'll probably have to come back for the nuchal scan in a couple of weeks.

I was surprised too as my GP told me it can take a couple weeks to get an appointment but I was able to choose the day and time--they had heaps of available slots.

Daisybee, good luck at your scan hun. Can't wait to see pictures!

Thank you amerikiwi! I am getting nervous! Its 10:30 on sunday night here and its all Im thinking about - besides my horrible heartburn/acid reflux that Ive developed. I think from all the vomiting Ive been doing - it hurts so bad!!!!!! DH & I watched Marley and me tonight - and Jennifer Aniston has a missed misscarriage where when she goes in for her ultrasound there is no heartbeat. I was crying so hard - it was the worst movie to watch tonight!! If only I would have known! Im trying to tell myself its only a movie and not a sign... but kindof hard. FX for tomorrow! Hopefully I'll get some sleep tonight & not vomit all over the technician tomorrow! :rofl:

Welcome Piemistress. Hope you get some good news from the midwife about your fall. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Amerikiwi - in the UK you can get an early (private) Nuchal scan at 8 weeks so I'm sure they will be able to give you a result at the end of the week.

Daisybee - hope all goes well at your scan today. Marley and me wasn't a good film to watch, although I wouldn't have immeditately thought of that particular part of the film although I have seen it. For anyone else reading this (who has maybe had a similar experience) she gets pregnant again (and again and again) and has 3 healthy children.

Hope everyone else is doing ok too x

I'm thinking I am going to have to tell my friends next weekend as we're going away on a hen weekend. Not only will I not be able to drink, but won't be able to do any random activities that seem to be being planned. At the end of the day, I wouldn't mind them knowing if (heaven forbid) something goes wrong so it might be better than them thinking I'm just being really boring and annoying all weekend....

I got my :bfp: the night before I was going away for a Hen Weekend. Didn't want to tell my friends just then as it was still sinking in for my and my OH so told them that we were trying to get pregnant and I didn't want to drink "just in case". Not sure if they believed me or not but they didn't hassle me at all about not drinking. The wedding is now this weekend and we still aren't telling them (am 8 weeks) so they might suss something is up!

Well I had my scan today and my worrying is over and that stupid dr can shove it. All my worries were for nothing & baby is totally fine! :happydance: After all the hassle of the dr saying that I probably had a blighted ovum seeing the bean and heartbeat today made me almost overwhelmed. Thanks girls for your support with my nerves which were getting horrible the past few days!
Also - no vomiting today :wohoo: My day couldnt have been better!

:dance: YAY!! Oh Daisy I'm so happy for you!!! :dance:

After all the grief your Dr put you through, you must absolutely thrilled! Good news on not getting sick today too. :hugs:

Daisy - that's amazing, so happy for you - yey!!!

Piemistress - we hadn't even told our friends that we were trying, and I did debate whether to make up some story about antibitotics or something. As it turns out there are 2 more nights planned before I get to 12 weeks so I'm glad that I told them really.
I'm sure your friends won't notice if you're 8 weeks (not body wise anyway) - I'm 9 weeks today and I think I look the same. Well, my boobs look slightly bigger but nothing that a good push up bra won't do!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->