Could use a buddy

SashimiMimi

Reaction score
Hi All! I'm new here and could really use a buddy. I'm feeling pretty deflated after the arrival of AF this morning. I'm 30 years old, been TTC for #1 for 8 months. Anyone else in the same boat? OH is supportive but feels I'm "too focused" on this one thing. Would love to chat with other women who have been trying for a few months!

Hi :)

I'm 32 and starting cycle #9 for the one and only.

I'm totally obsessed and it drives OH nuts so I spend a lot of time on here with randomly lurking but not posting. I started temping and do some OPKs.

Hi there, I am new in the game, this is only me 2nd cycle TTC, but I will turn 30 this year and we want 2 children eventually so I am very much in a hurry to get pregnant. I am totally obsessed and started out with BBT, OPK, checking CM, etc & hubby thinks I am "putting too much pressure on it." Seems like he think casual BD will lead to pregnancy. I said hey if I can calulate our best chances then I am going to!

Thanks for your responses timeforababy and hello_kitty_t!! It's nice to meet other people to be "focused" with! ;) For some reason I just assumed I'd get pregnant right away, so now that we are approaching the 1 year mark of TTC, I find myself obsessing even more. I also made the mistake of telling close friends that we are trying for a baby and a lot of them continually ask if we are pregnant "yet" so that puts on more pressure. I wish I could have OH's nonchalant it will happen when it happens attitude. I know everyone says to just relax and not think about it, but I'm sure many of us here find that easier said than done.
I've been using OPK, but struggled with BBT. Have you found that BBT helps? Im starting testing a cycle monitoring at a fertility clinic this week, so hopefully that brings some answers.

BBT is not telling me much so far. The dog wakes me up all hours of the morning sometimes so those temps are wacky. I had a temp spike on CD14 (a day I was woke up early) but I didn't get a +OPK til that day, so the temp spike should be after. Anyway, I hope that after a few months I'll be able to see a pattern.

Hey Sashimi! Same boat here except I'm on my 3rd cycle. OH says I'm "trying to hard". He totally wants a baby and has for a while, but feels like I shouldn't temp or use OPK's. Personally, I don't care! AF showed up early this month and I'm determined to get things right these next few cycles. I'm going to keep trying as hard as I possibly can til I have a little baby in my arms.

Hi All! I'm new here and could really use a buddy. I'm feeling pretty deflated after the arrival of AF this morning. I'm 30 years old, been TTC for #1 for 8 months. Anyone else in the same boat? OH is supportive but feels I'm "too focused" on this one thing. Would love to chat with other women who have been trying for a few months!

:hugs: YES i want to join u as buddy. today my AF showed up. My age is 30 and ttc for 5months. cycle days 32. :shrug:irregular42-60 days cycle as per their wish sometimes.. :dohh:

Thanks for your responses timeforababy and hello_kitty_t!! It's nice to meet other people to be "focused" with! ;) For some reason I just assumed I'd get pregnant right away, so now that we are approaching the 1 year mark of TTC, I find myself obsessing even more. I also made the mistake of telling close friends that we are trying for a baby and a lot of them continually ask if we are pregnant "yet" so that puts on more pressure. I wish I could have OH's nonchalant it will happen when it happens attitude. I know everyone says to just relax and not think about it, but I'm sure many of us here find that easier said than done.
I've been using OPK, but struggled with BBT. Have you found that BBT helps? Im starting testing a cycle monitoring at a fertility clinic this week, so hopefully that brings some answers.

:) It's only my second month of BBT, I was trying to take it easy before this, so I don't really have that much useful information from it yet

Hi there, I'm a little younger (25) but have been trying for 9 months and am starting to realize the benefit of reaching out to you people! We haven't told anyone we are trying so it's nice to have people to talk to about it!

Kitty, I'm the same way with irregular sleeping patterns. I couldn't keep up with the bbt!

Sleepyowl, I told OH that doing the OPKs, etc., help me to understand my own body better. I was on the pill for 10 years, so it takes some time to get used to figuring out when O will occur each month. I totally obsessed over it during my first 4 cycles and then took a break. Personally, I find it really exciting seeing that happy face on the CB OPKs!!!!! :)

Piya!! Looks like we are pretty much on the same cycle. I'm usually 31 days, but was 29 this month. We can be cycle buddies!!!

I am 31 and this is our 5th month of trying. Took me 7 months to convince dh to have kids.
Luckily, my bbt charting and opk's haven't been an issue with us; dh says do what you need to do to give us the best chance.

Hi country girl!! I guess you can relate to that awkward stage of TTC for 8 or 9 months... You haven't exactly started trying, but aren't past that 1 year mark where its considered long time TTC or having fertility problems.
I got impatient and went to a fertility clinic last week. I just want to do some testing to make sure everything is in working order, so we will see!
I kind of wish we hadnt told anyone that we were TTC because every time we see close friends that know they say "any luck? No??? Oh, it only took us 3 months to conceive you must be doing it wrong." ugh!!! OH and I have been married for 3 years so people naturally ask when we are going to have kids.
Agree that it's great to have another people to reach out to here who are going through the same things and that we are not alone!!

Good luck baking babe!! After my own experience with TTC, I wonder how on earth anyone gets pregnant by accident when there is such a small window each month that it can actually happen!! ;)

Good luck baking babe!! After my own experience with TTC, I wonder how on earth anyone gets pregnant by accident when there is such a small window each month that it can actually happen!! ;)

My thoughts exactly!

Can I jump in to this buddy group? :) I will be 27 this year and we've been TTC for about 6 months--technically longer but it's a long story...I need a buddy/some buddies, too! This month and last have been particularly hard for me emotionally, and I've also struggled with thinking there's something going on in my body that is preventing me from getting or staying pg. My OB says not to worry and patience is key but I have a gut feeling something else is up, and the patience part is hard! Literally every woman in my life who has had a child in the past few years got pregnant on the first month TTC--my sister-in-law got pg with all 3 of her children the first month. I started charting and temping last month, so this will be my first full cycle doing that.

Curious if anyone has had spotting issues or progesterone problems?

After my own experience with TTC, I wonder how on earth anyone gets pregnant by accident when there is such a small window each month that it can actually happen!! ;)

My exact thoughts too! I'm 30, less than a month from turning 31, and just started my 2nd cycle of TTC. My DH thinks I obsess too much as well. It's hard not to when it's something you don't have a whole lot of control over. I temp, chart, and use OPKs. I still don't understand what I'm seeing, but I guess I will in time. I'm sooo impatient though! I just got off of birth control (after 12 years on it) so I'm just lucky my cycle is at 29 days already. I would love to have a buddy! :friends:

My thoughts exactly!

Same here! It's nothing short of a miracle now that I realize how difficult it is. I started temping this morning and am SUPER excited to start using those OPK's (is that weird?).

Hello !:flower:
Also 30 here, on cycle 8 ttc. It is just not happening:shrug:
And l also made the mistake of telling people that we are ttc so that the first question l get when l talk to family or friends."has it happened yet?"
Poas every month, BnB to get advice ,using opk and preseed. BBT will drive me crazy , don't think l will be able to sleep well.
Panicked last month, got tests done and all are normal. Have uterine fibroids which shouldn't be problem but still think l need further investigations. Wanted to ask for an hsg , to check if tubes are clear.I know l need it take it easy, but l want my BFP.
Guess we all want a 2012 BFP ,esp around 30 cause l feel like the clock is beginning to tick and just in case there are infertility issues l want them fixed now. Hope we are all healthy !

All the best ladies for 2012!

Hi Lauren26, TXGreen and Ladyf!! Welcome!!!!
While I'm sorry to hear that our BFPs are taking their time, it's nice in a way to know there are others going through the same thing. I also constantly worry that something is not right with me as well. I Doctor Google infertility problems to death and psych myself out!! I'm starting blood tests tomrrow and my doctor recommend I do an HSG as I don't want to wait until the 1 year mark to start investigating. My naturopath thinks I might have a progesterone deficiency, so tests will confirm.
Here is an inspiring story-- my sister-in-law tried for 3 years for #1 and did every test under the sun. Noting was wrong and it was an unexplained infertility. They were 1 step away from doing IVF when their 4th IUI attempt came back a BFP!! My niece is now an amazing 3 year old and SIL says if they had gotten pregnant right away it wouldn't have been their same little girl. They had to wait all that time to have that perfect baby girl... A year later they got pregnant with #2 on their first try! So what ever was wrong corrected itself... I just think of that story when I am really down. Maybe my baby just isn't ready to come just yet. But it's SO hard to be patient... Especially when everyone on Facebook etc is showing off their baby bumps, ultrasound photos, etc.
I'd love to keep in touch with all of you as we go through this TTC journey even if it's just to vent and get frustrations out.
Baby dust to all as they say!!

Hi I would like to jump in here too. I am 26 almost 27 and have been TTC for about a year and a half with no luck. I also made the mistake of telling ppl and often get the whole are you pregnant yet. I find the worst though is when someone says I am glowing and that I must be pregnant. I also thought that I would get pregnant right away but I think because I am so irregular it has been hard for my DH and I. I have gone a full three months with out a period once. The worst is to miss a period and get your hopes up (which I have doen many times). It seems everyone around me is getting pregnant and when I get told I am crying and saying I am so happy for them but really I feel like it is unfair lol. I am super frustrated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->