Could use a buddy

Sashimi - Wow, that trip is sounding better and better the more you tell us about it! Helicopter sounds terrifying but I'm sure it was amazing! Seems like Hawaii's a place where you'd HAVE to splurge ;) My PIL are on there way there today for two weeks. I see a theme here.... I can't believe you've never had a sunburn! That's great, though. It means you won't get skin cancer! Living in Colorado I have to think about getting burnt constantly. Glad you guys are finding some good vacation BD time, too :)

preg - Is that true??? I have been using spf 90 on my face when I know I'll be out all day and I haven't gotten burned on my face yet, despite my very, very pale skin and tendency to burn. I suppose my makeup could be protecting me, too.

I met up with a friend today (more of an acquaintance but we like each other) who has been TTC for a couple of years. We didn't totally connect because she's 41 or 42 and has some other issues with her OH that come into play that I couldn't relate to, but it was still nice to supplement this awesome BnB community with someone's experience IRL who has been dealing with this stuff! Also, she told me that she has endometriosis and she's gotten pg twice (mc due to blighted ovum both times). Her docs have never, ever told her that she won't get pg because of the endo, and it sounds similar to what I supposedly have--endo cysts on ovaries. So! That really made me feel better. I trust that my new doc is great but I wonder if they push people with endo into IVF early just to be able to get faster results and to feel like they're doing something, or helping more.

Even though I enjoyed talking with this woman, I feel a lot more supported by this community! I think it's just because she and I don't know each other super well and this was the first time we'd had a convo by ourselves. Still, it was nice. Hope everyone is having a great weekend :)

Sashimi - Wow, that trip is sounding better and better the more you tell us about it! Helicopter sounds terrifying but I'm sure it was amazing! Seems like Hawaii's a place where you'd HAVE to splurge ;) My PIL are on there way there today for two weeks. I see a theme here.... I can't believe you've never had a sunburn! That's great, though. It means you won't get skin cancer! Living in Colorado I have to think about getting burnt constantly. Glad you guys are finding some good vacation BD time, too :)

preg - Is that true??? I have been using spf 90 on my face when I know I'll be out all day and I haven't gotten burned on my face yet, despite my very, very pale skin and tendency to burn. I suppose my makeup could be protecting me, too.

Here is a quote I found:

A higher number is slightly better. "You get 99 percent sunburn protection with SPF 90, versus 96 percent with SPF 30," says Howard Sobel, M.D., of Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City. Over a lifetime, a few more percentage points of protection can add up to a lot less sun damage.

Read more at Women's Health: https://www.womenshealthmag.com/beauty-and-style/sunscreen-myths#ixzz1y0uH1DVS

Basically 30spf gives you 96%, or 93%, or maybe more or less, depending on the brand you buy, but each number above that only gives you 1-2% more, so not so much that it should matter.
At least not when you consider how much the price difference is between a 30 and a 55 for instance...

Hey ladies!!! :wave:

Just popping in to see how y'all are doing? :)
I'm still in the same boat ugh! Been cramping a lot lately but no AF gah! So frustrating :(
I started taking geritol(pill form), I heard it helps? I dunno much about it but I guess can't hurt... If anything it will help me get my vitamins I don't get from food :) Me and DH decided to take a more laid back approach for TTC :) it was stressing us out way too much and our marriage started to suffer. Soooo to lighten things up a bit we signed up for dance lessons ;) that shall be fun lol. We are both in agreement that we will do WHATEVER it takes to have a baby :)
I hope everyone had/is having a good weekend!!! :)

And Lauren :) a friend of mine has endo and had 2 boys who are 9 and 6 :) she just had to be very very careful when she was pregnant :)

Aunt Coley - Welcome! We've got a great group here and are glad to have you join us!!

Preg - I heard the same thing about sunscreen - that anything over SPF 30 really doesn't make any difference. I still use like SPF 50 though lol.

Sashimi - Glad you're having a good time. That helicopter ride sounds amaaazing. I would be SO scared though!

Lauren - That's nice you were able to meet up with your friend. Especially because it gives you hope if that is the situation that you will be dealing with. But I totally agree - there's something about the support on this forum that is really wonderful even if we have never met in person!

Lika - Hopefully that geritol does the trick. Those dance classes sound FUN! What kind of dance is it??

Haribo, Treasured - How are you both??

AFM - Pretty sure I O'd yesterday, but waiting for my crosshairs on FF. I mentioned this in my journal, but I felt like everything leaked out of me!! Gahhh!! I was laughing at the time, but the next day I was like wow, that probably doesn't help my chances AT ALL. Lol!! Other than that, I'm feeling pretty positive about this month even if it's not my BFP. Feel like I did all I can and we've felt so relaxed about everything. I think summer has really put me in a permanently good mood!!

Hey everyone!!! SO yesterday I had to go to the Dr cause of my migraines, I had a really bad one yesterday again. My Dr said that it was because of the drastic weather changes. We got a really bad storm on Saturday, and the weather dropped from 103F to 83F in around 2 hours. Anyways yesterday I pretty much stayed in my bedroom yesterday and slept. It kinda ruined SMEP, OH was ready to do it, but I just couldn't my head was throbbing so bad, I threw up.

Anyways, I am feeling so much better today. I still only have high fertility and I have not hit my peak. I am a bit upset cause I want to ovulate right now, on the other hand I didn't BD so Ik am glad. IDK just one of those days I guess.

Oh Pino I hope you feel better soon!!! I suffer from chronic migranes and they are a killer!!! I have them under control now because I'm pretty much caffeine free, but when I do get them, DH has to sleep in the couch because I roll from one side of the bed to the other until the pain subside. Not fun :(

Owl- its country dancing ;) BUT leave it to he military to chane hubs schedule lol so we won't be able to take the class after all :( kind of bummed but it's his work, nothing he can do about it..

This week I decided to take it easy and just organize the house, but geez it's hot in here!!! 90's and it's not even summer yet! And worse of all there's no central ac in Italy ugh! Somehow I think fans just circulate the same hot air lol I'm kind of grumpy because of the heat :p

Anyways, be back later ;)
Have a good day everyone!

Pino - That SUCKS. I had migraines really bad when I was a kid--so bad that I would throw up, too, and would have a hard time speaking. They stopped after about age 11 and I've never gotten one since, thankfully.

Sleepy - I'm so glad that you're feeling relaxed :) I'm sure you guys didn't miss the window, but it's great to know that you've done what you could this month and that you'll feel OK whether or not it's BFP month! I hope that it is :)

Lika - I forget what part of Italy you're in. I always thought of Italy as being a really hot place! That's lame that you can't take country dancing together--sounded really fun!

afm, My bbt has taken a big dip a couple of times since O...Usually I have a pretty level/consistent temp after O and a wacky temp before. Maybe I'll just have a more erratic temp this month. So far none of them have dropped below the CL, so I'm guessing it's OK. I'm on progesterone again, though a different type. I def. think it's too much as they told me I wouldn't get much leakage and I pretty much have it constantly (yuck). Anyway, I totally thought that I'd be getting crazy side effects like last month but so far nothing! Which is a relief because I was a total bear with OH on that other progesterone... :blush: How is everyone else?

We live close to Aviano AB :) its an hr or so away from Venice ;)
I'm very bummed about te dance lessons but I'm pretty sure more opportunities will come our way :) I am absolutely not going out of my house till sundown lol this heat is waaaay too much for me. Even though I lived many years in Miami beach, Fl, this heat is different... VERY dry ugh!
Ohhh how I miss te beach! Been only 1x since movin here... The beache here are kind of different :p we do have a lake in the mountains but the water is freezing since its pretty much melted snow, and the last time we went DH almost died of hypothermia :p

I mean being a mil wife is not bad, but sometimes is boring :/ especially since where we live there's a lot of old ppl who don't speak English at all and our Italian plain sux!

So where do y'all live? :D

Oo.. sunscreen! I have a very sensitive skin and can barely find any sunscreen that won't cause any rash on my skin~ Bought these baby sunscreen but never got a chance to try them out. Usually just stick with cooling gel for the after sun :dohh:

sashimi - sounds like you're having soooo much fun & very much relaxed! you deserved it hun~ :hugs:

lika - country dance sounds like fun!! I've always tried to get DH to take dance class with me (I wanted to do swing)... but he doesn't want to because he has two left feet!!! :dohh: I'm still trying to convince him to do it though... but nothing worked so far~~

sleepy - don't worry too much about the leak. Perhaps ewcm felt like leaks? You only really needed ONE :spermy: so you're in good shape! Go lucky #6! :dance:

pino - Ahh.. that type of weather is the worst! hope you feel better soon and get to that SMEP a.k.a. your BFP!

lauren - your chart looks good. like you said, they're not below the CL, so you're okay! :haha: :haha: @ you being total bear with OH ~~ all sounds very good to me! :dance:

afm, not much to report except for the same cramps every now and then & sore BBs! Ooo... and loving noodles right now!!! :kiss: 9 days 'til scan!!! Eeek!!

Ooooohh lxb your scan is soooo close!!! :D time fly doesn't it?! It feels like I started this whole TTC journey last week and it's actually been over a month!!! I have high hopes I will get my :bfp: till the end of the year! Would love to to visit family in Brazil sporting a cool "bump" ;)

Hey everyone,

Welcome Auntcoley, hope you're having a good week and find this thread useful, I certainly have.

Lika - I am envious of your heat! It is the wettest June in London EVER! Followed by the wettest May too I think! I feel like a fool for packing away all my jumpers and winter coats in March during 1 of only 2 hot spells this year. So I'm quite cold a lot of the time!

Pino - poor you with the migraine, you must have been feeling under the weather to not BD, we know what you're normally like jumping on your OH, tee hee! Hope you're on the mend..

Sleepy-glad you're feeling so positive, fantastic. It's good to chill out and relax and so much harder to do than say so well done!

Lauren-hope everything ok with you, you sound like you're doing well and glad you've been able to find out so much info lately. I think it's hilarious you come on here after BD but then I wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't from reading the other posts?!

Sashimi your holiday sounds so glamorous (I'm ignoring the sunburn...) I hope you feel rested and relaxed and are enjoying sampling all the food delicacies!

Lxb-nearly scan time lovely! How exciting to see your little blueberry sized baby on screen! :) Do tell us all about it! Country do you know when yours will be?

Treasured-WHERE ARE YOU?!

I don't have much to report really, am CD25 but had a weird cycle of temps and pretty sure I'm only 1 week since Oing rather than being almost 2. I went in to have a progesterone blood test this morning and thought I was really smart arriving just before the clinic opened at 7.30am. But alas no! There were already 20 people sitting down clutching their tickets! On a Monday morning, I tell you!

Anyway I think I'm having a longer cycle this one than my usual 28 days so am ignoring what day I am and just trying to forget it. I don't want AF when I go to France next week for hols though so if she's coming, I'd like her to be out of the way thank you very much!

xxx

ps-Lauren, on my blood test form it said progesterone should be tested on CD19, I always thought it was CD21? Think my date (i.e CD25 cos of late O) might be whack anyway but I suppose I can always do it again next month (Of course I secretly love shuffling along with a ticket and lots of unwashed looking people early in the morning...)

Ohhhh Haribo you are going to France?!?! Sooo jelly ;) even though we only live 2hrs away(by plane) from Paris I've never been there :( hopefully next year ;) london is at the top of our list too!!! If we hadn't extended here for another 3-4yrs we would probably be sent to England lol

Right now is 11:15pm, still very hot but DH don't let me turn on our ac because it's too expensive...sighhhh so here I am, hot and grumpy lol
I'm so glad I joined bnb :) the support here is awesome! :D

haribo - :haha: @ you love shuffling along with those unwashed looking people. France! I'm so jealous of you already! I hope you have a little bean with you when you go to France and not that ugly AF! Run.. I got her for ya :gun: :gun:

lika - ahh... what's the temperature?? I remember once our ac was broken during the summer time... and it was ~98F in the house. :dohh: NOT fun! I find having a fan... with lots of ice water helps! :haha:

This afternoon the thermometer indicated it was 96F! Crazy I tell ya! One of the things I miss about living in the states... Central ac in the summer, central heat in the winter lol ohhhh the commodities we had ;) another thing I miss is Ihop lmao! Is it wrong to wish for pancakes for breakfast? Italians eat TONS of pastries in the morning, with coffee or cappuccino lol if I wasn't insulin resistant it would be awesome... But I don't want to aggravate my pcos symptoms ;)
I am seriously considering going up the mountains and to the lake this week and just dive head in ;) no time to think, cuz the water is super cold because it's basically melted snow lol I think that should cool me off for a while lol

Ladies!! Talk about HEAT it is 99 degrees here and Colorado is drrrrrrry as a bone. We currently have a 55,000 acre wild fire going in the mountains an hour north of us. It's DRY, I tell you!

lxb - I am excited for your scan!! Are you feeling OK now?? I am sure seeing that little one will seal the deal, but I'm knowing that it will all go perfectly :hugs:. Also, have you tried any of the organic or natural sunscreen brands? I like Alba, though it's a little pricey. I also use SPF 90 on my face--Neutrogena brand--when I'll be out long (I think that for me the extra little % of coverage will add up over the years! I am so so fair and living in Colorado the sun is BRUTAL).

haribo - Thank you--I am doing well!! Information is power, right? I am going in for a second opinion about poss. endo on Weds with my gynecologist, so that will help me settle down.

Wow, I have got job draaaaaama happening today, lol. More on that later when the dust settles--I'm hoping it all leads to a tidy little position and a return to my former salary!

You guys no nothing of heat LOL. It is 104 F here in Arizona!! Although I do have to say, my AC is at 72F all year round. The plus of not paying utilities LOL

lika - :haha: @ diving into the water from melted snow! Yep.. that should definitely cool you down for a gooood while! Hmm.. I'm not so much of a pancake fan... I'm more for waffles~~~

lauren - Woo... I know all about dry heat!! High here is 112F~ This morning at ~8AM was 91F, and this afternoon when I went for lunch was 111F. :wacko: I'm excited for the scan. 9 more days just feels a bit too long! I'm feeling up and down throughout the days. One minute when I felt cramp... I felt better as I feel like there's a little bean in there creating its environment and make itself at home (And I would run to the bathroom to make sure I'm not bleeding! :dohh:). Other times when I feel completely normal, I'm worry that that was just gas! And the bean is just a bean and didn't "pop" into a popcorn! I've asked my family out for dinner (right after the scan). So hopefully we can share the good news with them. If we can't see anything... I guess it would just be a regular dinner and I'll have to try my hardest to act 'normal'. Just been emotionally stressed out... and then stress about being stress that it's not doing any good to my body! :dohh:

I've tried the Olay facial moisturizer with SPF15 and I'm okay (I have sensitive lips too! long story!) Felt a little scare to try SPF90.... maybe I'll get the brand you've recommended and rub some on my cheek to see what happens :haha:

lxb - :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: I really hear your concern, girl. I am just holding the highest and best and knowing that little blueberry is making its home and working on growing into a bigger fruit! :) 112 sounds BAD. Lol. I have sensitive lips, too!! Though maybe in a different way. Mine have tiny freckles all over them and one bigger freckle. It's weird! I have to be really careful and always wear chapstick or lipgloss with SPF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->