Counterfeit money meltdown

Gnomer, I used to work at the head office of one of the branded convenience stores that the stores owned themselves.

We took this VERY seriously and they could get dropped by the brand.

Please PM me which brand it was and I can advise how best to complain :) If it's my old one I'll have a field day!!

He is a thief picking on vulnerable people. Call the police and let us know how you get on x

I was a cashier at a bank so have seen plenty of fakes in my time.

We don't rub them but maybe he was testing to see if the ink came off? I dunno, again I used a pen, never ripped but showed the pen mark and explain how that doesnt show, you can also tell by just general look and feel. Any imperfections? Does the silver strip look right? Especially where the work "bank" is where the silver is.
The words should be raised are they? How is thecolour does it look off?

I have seen plenty in my time can you put a photo up I might be able to say?

Also sorry to say the bank won't exchange if it is fake as they have to take it out of circulation completely. It doest even become part of the till. We used to give a receipt and if you knew where you got it from that is what you would take for refund. But that's down to discretion. A cash machine will b harder as usually brand new notes go in the machine as it is easier to feed through. Plus cash machines are usually contracted out so that someone like g4s looks after them and not someone from the bank. Same time if ypu got the 2nd Notre from the machine I would say it is highly unlikely that it would b fake.

I think this is just a scam and I would report it to the Police. I would also be tempted to speak to a local newspaper as I bet there are other victims as well.

I worked for a company dealing with a huge amount of sterling and foreign currency & the only one that we did a rub test on was US$. Even then it was wasn't used as the sole indicator of a forged note.

Wow he sounds like a thief. I would definitely phone the police :hugs:

Oh my god, what an awful man :(
I would definitely take snow owl up on her offer and I hope its gets sorted.
Let us know how it goes :D

I think he was defiantly scamming you.
As he should of contacted the police about it if he really thought it was fake x

Definitely sounds like he was scamming, especially given he originally binned it, then when you asked for it back it was in the till? Sounds like he probably planned to keep it for himself, figuring you'd be none the wiser. Absolutely disgusting behavior, and I would be reporting him as soon as you can! Take your cash to get checked at the bank, first, obviously, but does definitely sound like this guy is pretty shady. And what the heck is wrong with the customers in the store saying such awful things as you were walking out???? Horrible, I would not ever be returning to that place!

If it was fake and meant to of ripped it then why would it be in his till? hmm sounts like a con artist to me. Report it to police and go bank with the note u got

Wow I'd have flipped big time. How dare he ? I'd call the police

Thank you so much ladies!
I'd upload pictures of the notes, but I haven't a clue how to do it from my iphone haha.

I've been to the bank today, the notes were legit, but they exchanged them anyway once I explained how anxious I was about trying to use them again. The bank lady said she can't understand why a shopkeeper doesn't have an ultraviolet light or pen, and why he's relying on methods that don't work.

When he rubbed it, he rubbed the pale strip on the side, not the purple coloured bit.

I've rang the local police station, they'll be sending someone out tomorrow hopefully. The bank were kind enough to give me a receipt for the exchanged money, stating it was actually real and not fake. I'm hoping that will prove that I'm not a con artist.

Thank you so much ladies!
I'd upload pictures of the notes, but I haven't a clue how to do it from my iphone haha.

I've been to the bank today, the notes were legit, but they exchanged them anyway once I explained how anxious I was about trying to use them again. The bank lady said she can't understand why a shopkeeper doesn't have an ultraviolet light or pen, and why he's relying on methods that don't work.

When he rubbed it, he rubbed the pale strip on the side, not the purple coloured bit.

I've rang the local police station, they'll be sending someone out tomorrow hopefully. The bank were kind enough to give me a receipt for the exchanged money, stating it was actually real and not fake. I'm hoping that will prove that I'm not a con artist.

Oh yes thebank will happily exchange notes that are damaged etc.glad they went a step further to to confirm and they put your mind at rest.
Glad you called the police too. Hopefully he'll think twice..
Go in there soon and if he is there Make some sarcy comment like I hope these notes are to your standard. And yes they are real.
Or did You know staples sell pens to help identify fake notes may be you should invest in one instead insulting customers.

Oh and it is illegal to refuse notes as payment

Glad you rand the police. Def report it to the franchise. Mine are branded shops and I'm local to you so if it's the same brand I could give you the reps contact details. My rep us very pro active about things like this.x

Very glad to read that, hopefully some justice will be done when the police pay him a visit! XXXXX

What a con! That slimy git making you feel paranoid and stealing your money in broad daylight like that. He's a thief and a bully preying on people who he thinks won't answer back to him. What an moron though for trying it on again with the same customer!! He must be a sandwich short of a picnic. And he doesn't even care how upsetting it is for you. Hope his company and the police catch him in the act and come down really hard on him!

The company is Premier. Once I get more information from the police, I'll contact them.
I never want to go into that shop ever again! Or at least not whilst I'm still pregnant, I don't trust these hormones haha. I'm normally quite feisty, I'm ashamed of my whimpering.

I wonder if anywhere sells little keyring note checkers. A pen of a wee UV light. Like carrying pepper spray, but to protect against note thieves haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->