cracked n sore nipples b4 bf...

smithface24

Expecting baby #2
Reaction score
Have really dry cracked nipples already, which r starting to get sore. i still have a while to go b4 baby due. Would normal moisturiser do 4 now or should i start using special nipple cream?

I would start using nipple cream. Lansinoh was a lifesaver for me last time. You probably won't need to do it very often at all, it helps pretty quickly.

Yep, it's worth buying nipple cream as you'll prob use it after the birth too. My nipples were sore from about 12 weeks onwards.
I'd second the advice from PP and go for lansinoh cream. It's really good. Not cheap, but I put it on before bed and try are healed by the morning.

Go for the nipple cream. Will work way better. I loved Lanolin the last time. You want to try to get this corrected before starting to BF because you don't want it to hurt those first couple of times.

Are you from the uk? If so Lansinoh is free on prescription. It's like a tenner otherwise :( but a little goes a long way. Keep it somewhere fairly warm and massage the tube before use as its so thick it's hard to get out if it goes cold. A bit like Nutella lol xxx

Thanks everyone. I got some lansinoh today n its already relieving the pain. When i run out ill try get on prescription. Boots had it on offer lol only paid £6.65 #bargain

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->