crappy government

Hopefully it will be locked asap - don't want it going down the unplanned/planned/patronising you should have used a condom route

:roll:

Oh you really are narrowminded aren't you :roll:

I took the pill religiously and still became pregnant.

The world isn't so black and white. Jeez.

If the pill is said to only be 99% effective. Then there is a 1% change of getting pregnant. 1% is 1% - you know that there is therefore a risk. Therefore use a condom as well. Pregnancy can be prevented. If you genuinely cannot afford to take care of a baby, then you really should be doing all you can to prevent pregnancy.

^^agreed!

WOW...so 1 girl in every 100 may fall pregnant despite trying to prevent it...what do you suggest she do then? Considering that adds up to a lot of girls...(my mum was on the mini pill...took it perfectly...brilliant thing it is, since I now exist!)
In an ideal world all babies would be born into perfectly prepared homes with incomes of over 50,000....

We don't live in an ideal world.

Babies will still be born.

Hopefully it will be locked asap - don't want it going down the unplanned/planned/patronising you should have used a condom route

Don't take it so personally hun, doesn't seem as though anything is being aimed at you.

As far as I can see no one is being patronising.

Wow, quite a few extremely narrow minded people on here!

Anyway, this isn't what the thread is about so how about we just stay on topic and stop patronising people :thumbup:

Don't take it so personally hun, doesn't seem as though anything is being aimed at you.

As far as I can see no one is being patronising.

People will take personally the implication that their pregnancy wasn't an accident. Even if the comment isn't aimed at an individual, if you fit into to the group being targeted you will react.

This thread is getting very off topic now. Prob an idea to get it back on topic before anyone's feelings are hurt :flower:

I'm confused how this went from a topic about trust funds into a debate about getting pregnant while taking birth control.

Can we get back on topic please?

I think throwing around the "narrow minded" comments comes far too easily on here, simply because people have an opinion that differs from your own, doesn't make them narrow minded.

No-one said that accidents are impossible!!

However is also far too easy for people to continually play the victim on threads like these, whilst on other threads their bragging about their very expensive prams/pushchairs etc. Which then goes back to the OT - not everyone who receives this extra help from the government really needs it, hence the reason why these threads always get heated.

I think throwing around the "narrow minded" comments comes far too easily on here, simply because people have an opinion that differs from your own, doesn't make them narrow minded.

However is also far too easy for people to continually play the victim on threads like these, whilst on other threads their bragging about their very expensive prams/pushchairs etc. Which then goes back to the OT - not everyone who receives this extra help from the government really needs it, hence the reason why these threads always get heated.

That's all very well and good but completely irrelevant to this thread. If you can't stay on topic just don't comment :thumbup:

Anyway, this isn't what the thread is about so how about we just stay on topic and stop patronising people :thumbup:

Why are we being narrow minded? I would much rather have a baby when i could afford it myself, then get goverment help which in the long run will make britain sink into even more debt and then our children will be paying for your goverment hand outs! Id much rather go without now and pay the national debt now! So our children will have a decent future! Because if you cant see the bigger picture regarding your own childrens future then you really are being selfish and are not capable of having a child in the first place.

Its back on topic now!

I've not read back too much I got bored but I get the jist!

The pill, a condom, the injection, the coil ...damn do it all and for extra protection shove a bin liner over it (try not to buy hole less ones they are so annoying why do they do that).

So what if some of these grants/starters helped people and there were people genuinely grateful for them. Just because some people are low incomed doesn't mean they can't afford to care for their baby at needs must (we all do it round our own lifestyles/budgets/salaries) and definitely makes no parent less thankful either.

Get back to topic girls :thumbup:

That's all very well and good but completely irrelevant to this thread. If you can't stay on topic just don't comment :thumbup:

Erm :wacko: You are clearly are not reading my comments properly!

Why are we being narrow minded? I would much rather have a baby when i could afford it myself, then get goverment help which in the long run will make britain sink into even more debt and then our children will be paying for your goverment hand outs! Id much rather go without now and pay the national debt now! So our children will have a decent future! Because if you cant see the bigger picture regarding your own childrens future then you really are being selfish and are not capable of having a child in the first place.

Its back on topic now!

Ok, so that last sentence was way out of order. But anyway, yes I do see the bigger picture which is why I agree with them cutting the CTF. Yes it will be a pain in the arse that people won't get that money for their kids but instead their children will be growing up in a more stable country where the economy isn't all over the place. I assume that's what you were getting at?

Its back on topic now!

Ok, so that last sentence was way out of order. But anyway, yes I do see the bigger picture which is why I agree with them cutting the CTF. Yes it will be a pain in the arse that people won't get that money for their kids but instead their children will be growing up in a more stable country where the economy isn't all over the place. I assume that's what you were getting at?

Sorry it was just reading back over the entire thread and a couple of others that got my back up! Girls saying that they are needing the SSMG for their babies and on another thread saying how they spent it and brought designer clothes and expensive prams/pushchairs with it.

Might be an unpopular view but i also feel that the the SSMG and the HIP grant should also be cut and scaped because for some people its an excuse to have a baby to recieve extra money. If poorer families generaly do need the grants then i feel that a voucher system or an account system should be set up. For example a £500 account with mothercare so the families can get stuff for the baby rather then spending goverment money on themselves.

Well... back to the topic!

I'm not fussed that they're closing down the CTF scheme. I remember when it was launched and I thought at the time that the money could be spent better elsewhere. I'd much rather that people who really need financial help get it, so although I don't know much about the Sure Start grant, it sounds like a good thing if it helps people in genuine need. I understand that life isn't black and white and anyone can end up in the position that they need a helping hand now and again.

I'm personally an SNP supporter since I'm all for an independent Scotland, but I can see that the new Coalition government do need to take some drastic measures to get the country's finances back into shape - for the benefit of everyone in the long term, especially our children. I think the Labour government were just hoping that the problems would go away!

Anyway, back to the topic again! Surely everyone is capable of opening a savings account for their child if they really want to? We don't all need a starting payment from the government. I actually don't have any plans to open up a savings account for my child though. I want to bring up an independent young man who'll be out working to earn the money he needs to go to University or buy his first car or home etc.

Laura x

I too think that they should do away with the HIP grant. I don't think they should scrap the SS one but I do think they need to lower the amount. £500 is a lot of money. I don't think it's necessarily a reason as to why people get themselves pregnant. But yes it is a massive inscentive. Maybe it could be done on some sort of means tested basis if anything

I too think that they should do away with the HIP grant. I don't think they should scrap the SS one but I do think they need to lower the amount. £500 is a lot of money. I don't think it's necessarily a reason as to why people get themselves pregnant. But yes it is a massive inscentive. Maybe it could be done on some sort of means tested basis if anything

It is means tested! But the hip grant isn't. I used to work for the Jobcentre (left in 2003) SSMG was £100 and only available to people on Income Support and JSA.

I am pleased with the changes as I would currenlty be entitled to SSMG as will get the necessary tax credits. I only just found out I can get it, so for ages it wasn;t something I thought about, but knowing I will get this money (after lo is born though) it will certainly help me out :)

It is means tested! But the hip grant isn't. I used to work for the Jobcentre (left in 2003) SSMG was £100 and only available to people on Income Support and JSA.

I am pleased with the changes as I would currenlty be entitled to SSMG as will get the necessary tax credits. I only just found out I can get it, so for ages it wasn;t something I thought about, but knowing I will get this money (after lo is born though) it will certainly help me out :)

Really? I wasn't entitled to any at all and at the time I was living with my ex who was only working as a part time supervisor for functions at a hotel :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->