crappy government

i am not sure what i would have done. i dont have the money, i wouldn't have been able to buy essentials for my baby without it.

DirtyKitty that is one of the most narrowminded and offensive comments I have ever read.

Ever heard of an unplanned pregnancy, which some people could be unprepared for?

:roll:

Well no offence but if people learnt how to put a condom on the end of it or used contraception then there wouldnt be any unplanned pregnanies would there?

Doesn't really matter Claire, as it IS there.

I think Claire is just trying to point out that folk 10 years ago who were on very low incomes carrying babies that perhaps were unplanned and not happening at the best time for them financially managed to bring baby in to the world and look after them without the help of a grant, so we should remember how very lucky we are that the SS is there for the taking now

DirtyKitty that is one of the most narrowminded and offensive comments I have ever read.

Ever heard of an unplanned pregnancy, which some people could be unprepared for?

Well no offence but if people learnt how to put a condom on the end of it or used contraception then there wouldnt be any unplanned pregnanies would there?

yes there would. first time i got pregnant, i was on the pill, and did take it properly.

I'm not being funny but when I last checked, no form of contraception was 100% effective... I find this comment very small minded and ignorant

I'm going to be harsh here but if you cant provide for a baby in the first place without relying on the goverments help then dont have one! Simple!!

Unplanned pregnancies exempt though ;) obviously you should never TTC if you know you will have to rely on government help

I dont know if your are being sarcastic here but yes you shouldnt TTC if you cant afford a babies essentials without relying on the goverment

I think that is a whole other argument

I'm going to be harsh here but if you cant provide for a baby in the first place without relying on the goverments help then dont have one! Simple!!

Totally agree, cannot imagine why anyone would try to get pregnant, or why they wouldn't at least make sure they take relevant precautions not to get pregnant if they can't afford to have a baby. Sorry if it sounds harsh, just seems crazy to me. If you can't provide for your children who do you expect to provide for them????

Unplanned pregnancies exempt though ;) obviously you should never TTC if you know you will have to rely on government help

I dont know if your are being sarcastic here but yes you shouldnt TTC if you cant afford a babies essentials without relying on the goverment

No I meant unplanned pregnancies ARE exempt. If you PLAN a baby knowing you will have to bring it up with government help then that's wrong, you shuold wait until you know you can afford one yourself. However if you get pregnant accidentally then that is what it is. An accident

I have to agree with that - there are so many forms of contraception available, that there should be/is an extremely low chance of getting pregnant accidently. If you take a risk by not using contraception - then I'm afraid I don't class that as an unplanned pregnancy. If you really do not want to get pregnant, you will make sure your are using adequate protection.

Call me narrow minded if you like. But I call it being realistic.

I'm not being funny but when I last checked, no form of contraception was 100% effective... I find this comment very small minded and ignorant

Actually if used correctly contraception is nearly 100% effective in 99% of cases and that's what I was trained to tell my patients. I'm a Sexual health nurse!

ok I have seriously skimmed here, my baba has her ctf account open and money of our own put into it, does this mean the goverment will now tax her account and any money put into it just coz its a child trust fund one?
Im thinking of taking her money that shes been given personally out of it and leaving the 250 for the goverment to do what they want with if thats the case, sorry Im not clued up on all this totally!

Actually if used correctly contraception is nearly 100% effective in 99% of cases and that's what I was trained to tell my patients. I'm a Sexual health nurse!

so explain what the reason is to those that do take it religiously, and still fall pregnant? its because no form of contraception is 100% effective! yes nearly, but not quite!

Oh you really are narrowminded aren't you :roll:

I took the pill religiously and still became pregnant.

The world isn't so black and white. Jeez.

If the pill is said to only be 99% effective. Then there is a 1% change of getting pregnant. 1% is 1% - you know that there is therefore a risk. Therefore use a condom as well. Pregnancy can be prevented. If you genuinely cannot afford to take care of a baby, then you really should be doing all you can to prevent pregnancy.

If the pill is said to only be 99% effective. Then there is a 1% change of getting pregnant. 1% is 1% - you know that there is therefore a risk. Therefore use a condom as well. Pregnancy can be prevented. If you genuinely cannot afford to take care of a baby, then you really should be doing all you can to prevent pregnancy.

:thumbup: Well said

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet........ it's getting very heated and slightly off topic now!!

No its not all black and white but contraceptive is effective if used correctly but their are the very rare cases of people getting pregnant on the pill. Depends what type of pill actually. If its the combined pill thats about 96-97% effective thats why GP surgerys have been advised to try and push the more long term types of contraception (implant and the coil for example) and stop prescibing the pill!

I think we are getting a bit off the original topic and should perhaps return to it before we all get a bit overexcited! Accidents happen - there is always a small chance of pregnancy no matter how many precautions you take. I know we were always taught that if you were having sex you had to be prepared for the possibility of pregnancy. The only 100% effective form of contraception is abstinence

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->